Jun 16 2013
By: LikeRA1N Wastelander 632 posts

Is It Me Or Are Clickers Pushovers?

14 replies 641 views Edited Jun 16, 2013

From the articles and videos I've watched online, I was led to believe that Clickers were going to be the meat of the opposition in this game. But all you need is a brick and a plank and they're dead. And I started the game on Hard Mode. I don't get that "Aw, d-amn it!" feeling when I hear the clicking. In fact, I get rather excited at how I'm going to epicly take them all out. A game that did the enemy intimidation well was Bioshock with the Big Daddy's. Every time I came across one of those I'd think "Aww...crap!"

Anybody feel the same?

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not complaining. Forumers like jumping to conclusions....)

Photobucket
Message 1 of 15 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7074 posts

Re: Is It Me Or Are Clickers Pushovers?

Jun 16, 2013

try confronting them when you dont have a shiv or melee weapon, when there is more than one and multiple other infected around the area.

I will admit that if you take it slow and steady with hopefully some supplies, most parts with infected seem easy, but if you mess up or try being more aggresive it usually ends up in me dying fast...

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 2 of 15 (631 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
555 posts

Jun 16, 2013

Man, i prefer fight runners, that way i can use my fists.

But with Clickers, make the mistake of trying to punch them and you're dead, so i think you're underestimating Clickers Smiley Happy

I like cats :3

Message 3 of 15 (621 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jun 16, 2013

They're pretty scary on survival mode when you have nothing to kill them silently with heh.

The one thing I was hoping for though, was their echolocation to be a lot scarier and more intimidating. But I just felt like they were totally blind when I would sneak past them. After a few encounters they didn't scare me at all.

Message 4 of 15 (620 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jun 16, 2013

LikeRA1N wrote:

From the articles and videos I've watched online, I was led to believe that Clickers were going to be the meat of the opposition in this game. But all you need is a brick and a plank and they're dead. And I started the game on Hard Mode. I don't get that "Aw, d-amn it!" feeling when I hear the clicking. In fact, I get rather excited at how I'm going to epicly take them all out. A game that did the enemy intimidation well was Bioshock with the Big Daddy's. Every time I came across one of those I'd think "Aww...crap!"

Anybody feel the same?

honestly they are more of a pain when they are running wild with runners and stalkers. but alone clickers aren't much of a problem.

Message 5 of 15 (590 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3578 posts

Jun 17, 2013
I still get that feeling in the latter part of the game but it was strongest in the beginning when I had no ammo and barely any supplies.
Message 6 of 15 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 17, 2013
I swear, people are complaining over the most ridiculous stuff. Just enjoy the game. It does so much right and all people want to do is find the negative.
Message 7 of 15 (486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jun 17, 2013
agreed
Message 8 of 15 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
632 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:
I swear, people are complaining over the most ridiculous stuff. Just enjoy the game. It does so much right and all people want to do is find the negative.

LikeRA1N wrote:

From the articles and videos I've watched online, I was led to believe that Clickers were going to be the meat of the opposition in this game. But all you need is a brick and a plank and they're dead. And I started the game on Hard Mode. I don't get that "Aw, d-amn it!" feeling when I hear the clicking. In fact, I get rather excited at how I'm going to epicly take them all out. A game that did the enemy intimidation well wasBioshock with the Big Daddy's. Every time I came across one of those I'd think "Aww...crap!"

Anybody feel the same?  

----------

I also forgot people don't read.

I love the heck out of this game! I'm not complaining, I'm just sharing a feeling. Jeez! How did you miss that?!?! My, Lord.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 15 (391 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I wouldnt say they are pushovers, but it would have been cool if on hard and survivor mode they could see you unless you were completely still. The fact that you can actually sneak past directly infront of them while they are clicking kind of made them easier, but if youre on hard mode with no melee weapons and little ammo they are **bleep** terrifying imo..especially when your in that courtyard with bill and ellie and there are literally like 10 of those things, and the part where you play as ellie in the abandoned factory..

Message 10 of 15 (375 Views)
0 Likes