Highlighted
Apr 16 2013
By: stentryk Survivor 2480 posts

Joel vs Daryl Dixon: Who is the better survivor?

17 replies 8920 views Edited Apr 16, 2013

Alright, so who do you think is the better survivor?

Joel from The Last of Us
Joel

Or

Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead, who everybody loves.Daryl

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 1 of 18 (8,920 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: Joel vs Daryl Dixon: Who is the better survivor?

Apr 16, 2013

Spoiler alert: Joel is older Darrel who changed his name after he finally broke down after losing all of his friends. (Concept art Joel did look very similar to Darryl Smiley Happy )

But honestly if I were to choose, that would be difficult. They both survived in infected southern USA (as if southern USA wasn't scary eough already) - but I would have to say Joel, because when we meet him he's already so broken down and in a very dark place. Darryl might be hardened by the apocalypse but it isn't quite at that level yet.

Message 2 of 18 (8,909 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

Joel is the better survivor. sorry daryl

Joel has managed to survive in this crazy infected fungus world with crazy hunters for 20 years.

Message 3 of 18 (8,903 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Daryl is overhyped as **bleep**, what can he really do except shoot his crossbow well? I love him, but Joel has survived for 20 or so years... no contest...

Message 4 of 18 (8,894 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Apr 16, 2013

FeldDog wrote:

Daryl is overhyped as **bleep**, what can he really do except shoot his crossbow well? I love him, but Joel has survived for 20 or so years... no contest...

I guess I'm in doubt here, because as you said he has survived for 20 years in the apocalypse, but (at least from what we know) Joel doesn't have any tracking and hunting skills whatsoever, while Daryl does.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 5 of 18 (8,890 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 16, 2013

stentryk wrote:

FeldDog wrote:

I guess I'm in doubt here, because as you said he has survived for 20 years in the apocalypse, but (at least from what we know) Joel doesn't have any tracking and hunting skills whatsoever, while Daryl does.

Well we already know that Joel can shoot, but i don't think tracking and hunting would prove much of an obstacle, most of Last of Us is in a city so we know he gets what he needs scavenging, but you do bring a good point about Daryl. But, I feel like Joel is a much harder person then Daryl, like that Joel knows how to handle himself better. Or maybe it's just that I hate how Daryl is completely safe in the show right now because everyone loves him and Walking Dead is supposed to show us that no one is safe but I'm just ranting now so yah.

Message 6 of 18 (8,882 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Apr 16, 2013

stentryk wrote:

FeldDog wrote:

That may be so, but Joel is a lot older has more experience dealing with really, just about any situation. He's been there done that. He may not have hunting and tracking skills, but he's survived far more. Plus the infected are more dangerous than shambling zombies.

Message 7 of 18 (8,881 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

Apr 16, 2013
Also Joel has a better beard.

Message 8 of 18 (8,879 Views)
Survivor
2480 posts

Apr 16, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

stentryk wrote:

FeldDog wrote:

That may be so, but Joel is a lot older has more experience dealing with really, just about any situation. He's been there done that. He may not have hunting and tracking skills, but he's survived far more. Plus the infected are more dangerous than shambling zombies.

True dat

Message 9 of 18 (8,878 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 16, 2013

Well Joel has been at this alot longer. So, that right there proves he is the better survivor. Now only if we could fast forward with Daryl and see where he is. Zombie food or survivor extraordinaire?  

I'm still going to wait till I get the game, but I'm leaning towards Joel here.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 10 of 18 (8,875 Views)
0 Likes