Sackboy
542 posts

Re: Joel vs Nathan Drake

Jul 12, 2013

Sub-Xero wrote:

TJLEW wrote:

Sub-Xero wrote:

TJLEW wrote:

Drake would win, he's actually an experienced fighter. If you put a small guy with training and experience up against a big guy whose just throwing punches the trained guy is going to win. Drake fights like Batman would if he thought his original fighting style would give up his identity.

Edit: I guess technically I mean he fights like Bruce Wayne would if he thought his original fighting style would give up his identity.

So wait... Nate is a ninja?

I guess you could say that but very watered down.

I skimmed the wiki for Nathan Drake and I didn't see any official "training" in there. I'm not saying it wasn't there though... That wiki was long and since I still haven't finished U3 or played Golden Abyss I didn't want to spoil anything for myself. Does he actually have real "training"?

I'll try to leave out as much spoilers while still giving you as much information. When you say you haven't finished U3 I assume you have played it though so hopefully you know that Drake met Sully at a young age. Golden Abyss is set before Uncharted 1. In Golden Abyss Sully says that he was in the Army (Where he was trained) Sully has been Drake's mentor since he was 12 if I remember correctly. As of U3 Drake is 35. It is implied that between those 23 years Sully mentored Drake in hand to hand combat and also weaponry.

Message 41 of 62 (449 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

TJLEW wrote:

Sub-Xero wrote:

TJLEW wrote:

Sub-Xero wrote:

TJLEW wrote:

Drake would win, he's actually an experienced fighter. If you put a small guy with training and experience up against a big guy whose just throwing punches the trained guy is going to win. Drake fights like Batman would if he thought his original fighting style would give up his identity.

Edit: I guess technically I mean he fights like Bruce Wayne would if he thought his original fighting style would give up his identity.

I skimmed the wiki for Nathan Drake and I didn't see any official "training" in there. I'm not saying it wasn't there though... That wiki was long and since I still haven't finished U3 or played Golden Abyss I didn't want to spoil anything for myself. Does he actually have real "training"?

I'll try to leave out as much spoilers while still giving you as much information. When you say you haven't finished U3 I assume you have played it though so hopefully you know that Drake met Sully at a young age. Golden Abyss is set before Uncharted 1. In Golden Abyss Sully says that he was in the Army (Where he was trained) Sully has been Drake's mentor since he was 12 if I remember correctly. As of U3 Drake is 35. It is implied that between those 23 years Sully mentored Drake in hand to hand combat and also weaponry.

Not that you spoiled anything for me but... I actually haven't even touched U3 :smileyindifferent: My CE just sitting there and I only opened the game case to make sure I redeemed the codes before they expired. I buy so many games that sometimes I end up not being able to get around to one or another especially if I get sucked into the MP mode of some other game. I'm not particularly fond of Uncharted's MP in U2 and the beta for U3's MP didn't entice me so I didn't even pop the disc in for that once I got the game. So yeah... I'm definitely getting around to it soon though. I prolly just lost all my cred when it comes to posting about ND games :smileyembarrassed:

Photobucket
Message 42 of 62 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
542 posts

Jul 12, 2013

Sub-Xero wrote:

TJLEW wrote:

Sub-Xero wrote:

TJLEW wrote:

Sub-Xero wrote:

TJLEW wrote:

Not that you spoiled anything for me but... I actually haven't even touched U3 :smileyindifferent: My CE just sitting there and I only opened the game case to make sure I redeemed the codes before they expired. I buy so many games that sometimes I end up not being able to get around to one or another especially if I get sucked into the MP mode of some other game. I'm not particularly fond of Uncharted's MP in U2 and the beta for U3's MP didn't entice me so I did even pop the disc in for that once I got the game. So yeah... I'm definitely getting around to it soon though. I prolly just lost all my cred when it comes to posting about ND games :smileyembarrassed:

You should play it it's a great game and I made a mistake Nate met Sully when he was 15 not 12.

Message 43 of 62 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
852 posts

Jul 12, 2013

My vote's on Joel. Whether it is hand to hand combat, or using guns, I think he'd win. 

Joel can easily kill someone in a few hits.

Erebus..jpg
Message 44 of 62 (433 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 12, 2013

I think people are confusing "training" with "experience".  Its undeniable that Drake has more training in combat than Joel does.  But training in combat =/= experience in combat.  While Drake may have spent upwards of 23 years training in weapons and hand to hand combat......training can help you deal with situations effectively........but experience in a hard teacher who gives no mercy in her training.  I would say 20 years of surviving infected and other survivors who are out to kill you would definitely give you an edge in battle. 

Whether they could sneak around or not I think Joel would end up winning this fight.  Because he will use all of his strength to eliminate the enemy.  No jokes no playing no nonsense.  Joel does not care what the other person thinks of him and does not try to incite any emotional reactions in his fights.  He is there to win as quickly as possible and will use 100% of his strength/experience to destroy the enemy quickly and effectively.  I could totally see Drake trying some fancy combos and Joel would just wait for an opening and then grab Drake and just slam him into a wall or the ground then follow up with a beatdown of Drakes life.  Joel gives no quarter in his fights. 

Message 45 of 62 (425 Views)
Fender Bender
2608 posts

Jul 12, 2013

I think that Joel and Nate would beat each other up for a few minutes but then Ellie and Elena show up and they make them stop fighting and in the end they go out for booze ('cept for Ellie, they get her ice cream cuz she underage) and live happily ever after.

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 46 of 62 (419 Views)
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Jul 12, 2013

TJLEW wrote:

Sub-Xero wrote:

TJLEW wrote:

Sub-Xero wrote:

TJLEW wrote:

Sub-Xero wrote:

TJLEW wrote:

Not that you spoiled anything for me but... I actually haven't even touched U3 :smileyindifferent: My CE just sitting there and I only opened the game case to make sure I redeemed the codes before they expired. I buy so many games that sometimes I end up not being able to get around to one or another especially if I get sucked into the MP mode of some other game. I'm not particularly fond of Uncharted's MP in U2 and the beta for U3's MP didn't entice me so I did even pop the disc in for that once I got the game. So yeah... I'm definitely getting around to it soon though. I prolly just lost all my cred when it comes to posting about ND games :smileyembarrassed:

You should play it it's a great game and I made a mistake Nate met Sully when he was 15 not 12.

Oh, I'm definitely going to play it. Despite having not played U3 at this point I am actually a huge Uncharted fan and love all the games. It's just that, like I said, I buy soooooo many games that I inevitably end up taking a long **bleep** time before I can get to some of them.

Photobucket
Message 47 of 62 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Jul 12, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

I think that Joel and Nate would beat each other up for a few minutes but then Ellie and Elena show up and they make them stop fighting and in the end they go out for booze ('cept for Ellie, they get her ice cream cuz she underage) and live happily ever after.

Here, take my Kudo, sir. 

-----------
Message 48 of 62 (401 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 12, 2013

and drake has been threw a **bleep** train crash hanging off the himalayas, meanwhile shot in the stomach, also he has way better expierence with shooting, fighting, climbing, and surviving, also he has great luck.  surviving a plane crash, going threw a while desert, and therefore proving drake is stronger and has more stamina, as well as endurance

Message 49 of 62 (389 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Jul 12, 2013

j

Message 50 of 62 (389 Views)
0 Likes