Welcoming Committee
13001 posts

Re: Joel vs Nathan Drake

Jun 12, 2013

I'd honestly hope Joel would win...

The one downfall of Uncharted to me is how smug Drake always is... Joel seems relatable and more human.

But I'd have to say that Joel would win. Nate would probably start joking about it and then take a beatdown.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 58 (623 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
735 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013
It really all depends on the fight location and if weapons are involved but my vote would be Joel but it would be a heck of a struggle all the way till the end.
[Kith] Since 2011
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 58 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
594 posts

Jul 11, 2013
If Joel got the jump on Drake then Joel would win, or at least if Joel could sneak around.

If Drake was able to attack Joel head on then Drake is a much more experienced hand-to-hand fighter than Joel
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 58 (436 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

Joel controls guns much better.  Shooting with Nathan Drake is like shooting a gun as Michael J. Fox (inappropriate joke ... *dodges tomatoes*)  There's so much recoil on Drake's guns, that you miss so many shots.   Joel hits nearly every shot he takes.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 58 (430 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4885 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Sully would win. Drake would die, then Sully would avenge Drake's death by killing Joel. We all know that.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 58 (423 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7992 posts

Jul 11, 2013

KruelAKK wrote:

This is a tough one, so I can't really seem to think of who would win.

If I use my imagination though, I'd have to say Joel..but only if he caught Nathan off guard.

If Joel managed to hit Drake just once, I'd say fate would favor Joel because of his brute force.

But Nathan will fight dirty and may pull one over on him..or at least I'd like to think haha.

Brute force?  have you seen nathen jump 15-20ft using only the power of his arms?

I dont think Joel should let nathen grab him or its over, that kind of power could rip a man in two.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 58 (414 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3909 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

Drake would win and smile / crack a joke while doing it.

Joel would just sit in a corner and cry afterwards.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 58 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Jul 11, 2013

I think a lot of you are comparing the Nathan Drake that YOU played against Joel and not actually comparing the two characters themselves. I think if we take the two characters and disregard our gameplay experiences with both of them; Joel would beat Nate to death.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 58 (400 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3909 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

Sub-Xero wrote:

I think a lot of you are comparing the Nathan Drake that YOU played against Joel and not actually comparing the two characters themselves. I think if we take the two characters and disregard our gameplay experiences with both of them; Joel would beat Nate to death.

This is what I did. And I still feel Nathan would win.

We're talking straight up fist fight, right?

If so, Nathan takes it. They both fight the same (both are designed by ND, after all), but Nathan is younger and quicker.

Drake gets the best of him, in my opinion.

If we're talking no-holds barred, then it's really anyone's fight.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 58 (397 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 11, 2013

Joel for sure, he survived for 20 years doing what so ever it takes to live..

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 58 (387 Views)