Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 13 2013
By: Nate3963 Gaming Beast 2055 posts

Journal/Diary Fan-Fics. (Ending Pg.6/New Story Pg.7, Additional Chapter pg.8)

[ Edited ]
74 replies 476 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

Forum's been dead lately so I thought I'd give this it's own thread.   

June 22nd 2015:  

Hot as hell out here. Still got to keep an eye out. Melissa sent word that a military squad will be coming our way in a couple days to evacuate us. I hope to God they get here soon. Those things. A couple got in a few days back, attacked a family. Torn to pieces, what are those things?  

June 26th 2015:   

Everybody's getting packed. First time I've seen the kids here smile in a long time. Guess they think it's all over. I sure wish I still had their optimism. I can see Micheal over there, poor guy lost his wife during the first days. All he has left is his daughter, he needs this evacuation to work.    

June 27th 2015:  

Here they are. Finally made it, they sure took their sweet time. They look to be in good shape, good for them. The rest of us have been just getting by. You'd think they haven't experienced this madness. I tried to ask them when were leaving and where to. All I got was "You'll find out soon enough". Not too re-assuring. I don't like this.    

June 28th (Mid-day) 2015:   

Last night some of our people went missing. I grouped up with Micheal and a few others. Seems to only be women who went missing. What the hell is going on? Micheal said to meet him in the abandoned building across the way. I don't know what for but, I sure as hell ain't staying here.  

June 28th (Evening) 2015:   

This ain't right. I..I.. what are they doing!? They're just executing all the men... what do they want with all the women? Do they think they can re-populate the Earth? This is sick. All me and Micheal can do is watch, and his poor kid, she shouldn't has to witness this. What has this world come to when you can't even trust your own kind. I don't know what we can do, but we have to get out of here, now.   

August 11th 2015:  

Me and the girl stumbled onto a group of survivors a couple days back. Poor thing is shaken up about her Dad. At least he could buy us some time to get away from the infected. Those mushroom-faced weirdo's give me the creeps. This group, they call themselves the "Fireflies". What a odd name. Hopefully they're different than the military.     

Here's another, just feel like writing for some reason. 

May 02nd 2014 (2 Days Before Wide-spread Outbreak):  

Yes! Finally scored that date with Amanda! She said we should meet up on Friday, I've been out of a relationship for too long anyways. This will be good for me. Hopefully.  

May 03rd 2014 (1 Day  Before Wide-spread Outbreak):  

Still kind of nervous for my date this Friday. Mom says it's just butterflies, sure doesn't feel like butterflies. Lately, there's been these odd murders. Authorities aren't giving any word on it. Not suprising. But, the CDC is getting involved, so that's kind of odd. Whatever! I've got more important things to worry about.  

May 04th 2014 (Day of Outbreak):  

The news is telling us to stay indoors and to not trust anyone. The local police have been setting up some kind of roadblock and there packing alot bigger guns than usual. Whatever is happening, I don't like it. I hope Amanda's alright. Mom said I should get some rest.  

May 04th 2014 (Midnight):  

I heard some screams across the street and some gunfire from the local police station. I can't sleep when whatever is happening is happening out there. Maybe this is why the CDC got involved.   

May 05th 2014:   

I have to make sure Amanda is okay. I can't stay here, what if she needs help? Mom won't let me leave. She says it's dangerous out there. Still. I'm going tonight.   

May 05th 2014 (Late Evening):  

Okay. So, I'm going to plan this out before I leave. I just have to make it across the street and walk down two blocks. Maybe I'll run into some police who can help.  

May 05th 2014 (Late Evening):  

So, this is why there was so much gunfire the other night. The police force was fighting off rioters? They look human. But, the police, they look torn up. Did these rioters do that? I should keep moving.   

May 05th 2014 (Mid-night):  

I'm trapped. I hide myself in the closet to get away from those people, those things. When I got here, the door was broken open and she was dead. Amanda, her whole family. Why didn't the government alert anyone? I can still hear those things in the house. I don't know how I can get out of here. I don't want to die. If anyone finds this journal, my name is Alex. Hopefully these entries will help you in some way. I'm going to try and run past them.  

Along with wanting to continue this and Cyborg Hippo harrassing me. :smileytongue: Here's a continuation of the 1st journal.    

August 12th 2015 (Mid-Day): So far these "Fireflies" seem okay. They have have a little camp and community going on. The girl seems satisifed to see some other children. Good to see her happy. I'll try my best to keep her safe. For Micheal. Still, I should take a look around tomorrow and get a better feel of th place. Better safe than sorry.  

August 13th 2015 (Morning): I left the girl with a nearby mother and her daughter. They seem trust-worthy. I think. I saw two higher-ups, looked like they had some information. Were talking about a subject zero or something. Saying that they needed her for something. Experimentation maybe? Not sure, but I don't like what I heard, maybe this place isn't as great as I thought it was.  

August 13th 2015 (Mid-Day): Me and the girl tried to leave. Some make-shift guard tried to stop us. Told me I should leave her with them, saying she'll be safer here. My a$$. Knocked the guy out and we were on our way. Maybe I'll run into this girl along the way, try and warn her I guess. Main priority is to keep my girl safe. Lucky for us, that light-weight excuse for a guard had a revolver on him. Only two shots though. I guess if we get into a bad enough scrape neither of us will have to suffer. Till then, we forge ahead.   

August 15th 2015 (Early Morning): We've been walking for God knows how long. The girl is getting tired of waiting for me to record these entries. Were getting hungry. But, there is a city a couple clicks ahead and it's got a bridge. Hopefully, we can find something to eat and get out of here on that bridge. We are going to survive. I know it.

This is my little rendition of how I think the starting of the apocolypse in TLoU would be. I like to write and it was fun creating these. If you guys want to cricticize, discuss or post your own journal ideas, feel free.   

When I feel like getting to it, I'm doing another journal series. Just got to finish my finals. If/when this is completed it will be posted on a seperate page due to lack of space here.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 1 of 75 (476 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Re: In-Game Journal thoughts.

Apr 13, 2013
Nice work. It would be cool if you could collect scattered journal entries in the game, like those you've written above, and sort of piece together some poor survivor's life story after the apocalypse. It would definitely add to the bleak tone of the game.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 2 of 75 (468 Views)
Naughty Host
9012 posts

Apr 13, 2013
I was waiting for you to make a seperate topic, Nate

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 3 of 75 (465 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 13, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:
Nice work. It would be cool if you could collect scattered journal entries in the game, like those you've written above, and sort of piece together some poor survivor's life story after the apocalypse. It would definitely add to the bleak tone of the game.

Like Bioshock!? (just jk,didn't want to bring up the Bioshock Pie)

Anyways I wouldn't mind that,or I would love to see some scenes in the game where Joel tells Ellie what he has been doing for 20 years. Anyways keep it up Nate,amazing!

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 4 of 75 (460 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Apr 13, 2013
^Yeah, kind of like the Voxophones in BioShock, but I think a hand-written diary entry on dirty and worn paper would be more fitting for TLOU.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 5 of 75 (454 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 13, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:
^Yeah, kind of like the Voxophones in BioShock, but I think a hand-written diary entry on dirty and worn paper would be more fitting for TLOU.

Though the only odd thing is how Nate types or writes in the journal like he's actually talking though,I wouldn't suspect someone would write this in a journal for example "W...w....w-...ait a minute... WHAT'S GOIN ON!? ERMAGERD!?"

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Message 6 of 75 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Apr 13, 2013
I can never be bothered to read in-game journals when I'm playing. Seems to detract from the experience, I think. I don't mind them being there, I just probably wouldn't read them.
Message 7 of 75 (447 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 13, 2013

calcunnon wrote:
I can never be bothered to read in-game journals when I'm playing. Seems to detract from the experience, I think. I don't mind them being there, I just probably wouldn't read them.

Wha? Why D=,they usually add more depth into the story!

Message 8 of 75 (444 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Apr 13, 2013
Yeah I'm sure they do, but when I'm playing a game, I want to play, not read. It just doesn't seem like fun at the time.
Message 9 of 75 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 13, 2013

I'm thinking of writing up another one. Just before the outbreak. Yeah Hippo, thanks for the input. I shouldn't put them going like "wh-what's happening!?" **bleep** Bioshock Voxophones seeping into my writing.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 10 of 75 (420 Views)
0 Likes