Fender Bender
2562 posts

Re: In-Game Journal thoughts.

Apr 14, 2013

@Hippo: Instead of using his notepad as toilet paper he chose to write about it for later remembrance?

@nate - kudos dude. I do hope to find logs that detail military protocols, journal entries from scientists and other survivors and things like that. Little snippets of information that can give us more in depth understanding of how everything went down. I find that kind of thing extremely fascinating. It would also be extremely grim to find a skeleton with a note on it that was never read...

"Maria, I'm sorry... I couldn't get Jane out of the city. By the time I got home, the babysitter was ...... I can't bear to think of it anymore. Please, forgive me. God forgive me. I grabbed my grandpas old shotgun on my way out, lord knows I barely even made it out. but who am I kidding, with these two shells of bird pellets. Where do I think I'm running to? Last I heard the Hanford Quarantine failed. Hell for all I know I'm all alone with those things. I'm coming home, Maria..."

Shutgun with 1 bird pellet shell found laying next to body.

Message 21 of 75 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9660 posts

Apr 14, 2013

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 22 of 75 (112 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Thanks D! Appreciate it. Thanks for being the only one so far who has contributed a journal entry. Haha.  

Though I couldn't stop thinking about Dom and Maria (Gears) when reading your entry. "MARIA!"

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 23 of 75 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Yems, what's that Silent Hill pic for?  

I'm taking it as a compliment for now.

Message 24 of 75 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9660 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

Yems, what's that Silent Hill pic for?  

I'm taking it as a compliment for now.

It'd be funny if we see something like this in TLoU as journal entry. Joel would get all confuse and be like "this looks like some Japanese ****".

Edit: profanity

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 25 of 75 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Apr 14, 2013
Wait I heard that there will be in "journal" entry's in the game. I remember reading that there are unique because when you pick it up the game doesn't pause and put the text on the screen. I heard you actually pick up a physical paper with actual writing on it.

I don't remember where I read it and I don't have proof but I'm sure I heard of that.
Message 26 of 75 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 14, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

@Hippo: Instead of using his notepad as toilet paper he chose to write about it for later remembrance?

@nate - kudos dude. I do hope to find logs that detail military protocols, journal entries from scientists and other survivors and things like that. Little snippets of information that can give us more in depth understanding of how everything went down. I find that kind of thing extremely fascinating. It would also be extremely grim to find a skeleton with a note on it that was never read...

"Maria, I'm sorry... I couldn't get Jane out of the city. By the time I got home, the babysitter was ...... I can't bear to think of it anymore. Please, forgive me. God forgive me. I grabbed my grandpas old shotgun on my way out, lord knows I barely even made it out. but who am I kidding, with these two shells of bird pellets. Where do I think I'm running to? Last I heard the Hanford Quarantine failed. Hell for all I know I'm all alone with those things. I'm coming home, Maria..."

Shutgun with 1 bird pellet shell found laying next to body.

Hahahaha! Yeah exactly!

Anyways,also interesting entry! Nate didn't thank me for my journal entry D;

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 27 of 75 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9660 posts

Apr 14, 2013

themarcshark223 wrote:
Wait I heard that there will be in "journal" entry's in the game. I remember reading that there are unique because when you pick it up the game doesn't pause and put the text on the screen. I heard you actually pick up a physical paper with actual writing on it.

I don't remember where I read it and I don't have proof but I'm sure I heard of that.

I remember an interview with arne. He said that all collectibles will have to be seen in real time (I'll try to find the video)

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 28 of 75 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 14, 2013

I laughed at it. It was funny. Sorry.  

Thanks Hippo. <3

Message 29 of 75 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 14, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

I laughed at it. It was funny. Sorry.  

Thanks Hippo. <3

You better have laughed D: <

Anyways... UPDATE DEM JOURNAL ENTRIES

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 30 of 75 (75 Views)
0 Likes