Hekseville Citizen
248 posts

Re: Just beat Survivor mode without using any supplies, upgrades, etc. and only with default weapons

Jul 26, 2013

Sounds interesting, but wrecks up my rampage through the Firefly hospital with flamethrower habit.

Message 11 of 19 (394 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
884 posts

Re: Just beat Survivor mode without using any supplies, upgrades, etc. and only with default weapons

Jul 26, 2013

You know what would be cool? If you actually played it like it was real. Pick up everything, play on survival, if you die ONCE, restart the WHOLE game.

LOL

Message 12 of 19 (390 Views)
Lombax Warrior
80 posts

Jul 27, 2013

What I like to do is never restart an encounter, even if it was the most well-thought out stealth plan ever, and I try to stretch each gunfight out. So like, if I ever get even the slightest indication that I might get shot or out-numbered, I'll run back and break line of sight. Then I'll come in from a new angle, and try something new. So I'm not really putting on any self-imposed limits, but rather I'm role-playing - playing as I would if I was really there.

I still collect supplies, upgrade weapons and all that stuff, because that's what I would do.

Still, trying to do a survivor run while putting stupid limits on yourself, like only use the bow and one arrow, would add a really interesting dynamic to the game. I think...maybe it would actually be frustrating as hell. lol.

Message 13 of 19 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1814 posts

Jul 27, 2013

Major kudos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGOODKyle
http://www.twitch.tv/thegoodkyle
Message 14 of 19 (356 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3659 posts

Jul 27, 2013
My first 12 weeks I didn't touch any upgrades... I thought that what I purchased didn't carry over to my survivors.

I was an idiot... BUT I SURVIVED!
Message 15 of 19 (350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Aug 15, 2013

Well you have no picture to prove it, so I dont believe you anyway.
But I will say this. When I beat the game on hard I had all the weapons upgraded and ammo maxed to the point of not being able to hold any more. I never even used the flame thrower because I was so sure a bloater would show up and I wanted to be ready. I was pretty upset when I realized I was at the end and all of it was completely wasted. Hard mode is definitely Easy. Haven't tried Survior yet but the thought of losing the hearing sounds more annoying than complicated.

Message 16 of 19 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
18 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 15, 2013

Aldro

Wastelander

You know what would be cool? If you actually played it like it was real. Pick up everything, play on survival, if you die ONCE, restart the WHOLE game.

=======================================================================================

Yes, this is great. This is way more impressive than limiting yourself for no reason at all. This would separate the boys from the men Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 19 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Epic bump.

I got the platinum yesterday and now I want a new challenge.  I'm going to try the OP's challenge.  No special weapons, uprgrades etc.  Just pistol, revolver and shotgun.  Also, I won't craft health kits and only use health kits gifted to me by an ally like Ellie.

Message 18 of 19 (256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 30, 2013

I'm aware that this thread has been around for awhile, but I just wanted to say that it is entirely possible to sneak past the final wave of infected you'll face in the tunnel near the end of the game.

Message 19 of 19 (251 Views)
0 Likes