Feb 14 2014
By: Bruce_Wayne_1989 Lombax Warrior 168 posts

Just finished Left Behind, your thoughts ?

23 replies 674 views Edited Feb 14, 2014
I just finished the dlc, what were your thoughts on it ? I thought it was ok, but nothing special, not as good as I'd hoped anyways, for a dlc sure it's better than most but not much really actually happened. ** spoilers **
Most of the dlc was about ellie rescuing Joel after the college incident, which I didn't understand, it kept jumpin back and forth between the past and present but didn't get why the Joel part was in there, it didn't tie in with the other story arc at all, just felt like a filler gap because they couldn't think of any other way to make the dlc longer, and I don't get why it was called left behind either ? Oh well, I'm not disappointed with it by all means, there were some great moments in there, I'd give it a 7/10
Message 1 of 24 (674 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Re: Just finished Left Behind, your thoughts ?

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

I loved it, just like i knew i would. 

"Most of the dlc was about ellie rescuing Joel after the college incident, which I didn't understand, it kept jumpin back and forth between the past and present but didn't get why the Joel part was in there"

What do you mean you don't understand? The DLC is called 'Left Behind' for 2 reasons. 1st reason is the fact you are LEAVING JOEL BEHIND to go and get supplies for him. The 2nd reason being that they have both bgeen bitten...and Ellie is immune....Riley is not, therefor Riley will be leaving Ellie behind at some point.

The Joel parts were definitely NOT filler, but without them the DLC would have been 99% walking around making jokes with Riley. They had to add SOME combat in.

One thing i want to know is.....why didn't they show us how Riley dies?  They just say spomething along the lines of "ok let's go" and then that's it. I want to know what happens to Riley, i wanted her death to be in the DLC for dem feels.

Overall, i loved it. It was a bit short but apart from that i'd give it an easy 8.5/10. The 1.5 ive left out would be for the length and the lack of closure at the end.

Message 2 of 24 (659 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Feb 14, 2014
It was about 2 hours too short
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 24 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Feb 14, 2014
How can you say the Joel part wasn't a gap filler ? I'm not slating the dlc by no means but it didn't make sense to me, how did the Joel and ellie + Riley scenes tie into together ? It didn't add up, it would have made more sense if they mixed it in with the ending of TLOU where ellie actually talks about Riley, what I'm saying aswell is the dlc was supposed to be about ellie and Riley but instead most of the content was about finding Joel a first aid kit, we was also told the dlc would be 3-4 hrs long, well I beat it in just under an hour and half, and that wasn't speed run either, I collected all the artifacts etc, when the end credits popped up I was like what the hell that's it ?
Message 4 of 24 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9495 posts

Feb 14, 2014
Needed more David

Message 5 of 24 (620 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Feb 14, 2014

AKyemeni wrote:
Needed more David

lmao

Message 6 of 24 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
595 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 14, 2014

I enjoyed it.  Not quite as amazing as the campaign tho.  I'd give it an 8.5.   Very good, but not as amazing as the campaign.    I was surprised that there was more to Ellie and Riley's relationship than just friendship.  I was a little disappointed they didn't actually show Riley turn.  I thought we'd actually have to play as Ellie putting her down.    A little short, but very good. 

I really loved pitting infected against humans.  Kind of wish that was in the main campaign.

Message 7 of 24 (596 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1698 posts

Feb 14, 2014

I just wish Henry and Sam made a cameo.

Message 8 of 24 (576 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 14, 2014

Quite cool, 9/10. Better than 90% of the DLCs that come out.

Message 9 of 24 (548 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 14, 2014

Thank you ND for another masterpiece.

Loved every single second, the final analogy between Riley and Joel was perfect.

Message 10 of 24 (526 Views)