First Son
5 posts

Re: Just played the Infected demo. Any questions?

May 11, 2013
Is there gibbing?
Message 41 of 86 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

May 11, 2013

WHAT STORE WAS THE DEMO AT

Message 42 of 86 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 11, 2013

JAY-Z-75 wrote:

WHAT STORE WAS THE DEMO AT

I think he said he played it at the Disney Store in the first post.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 43 of 86 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

Thank you for your availability. I'll try to be economic with my questions:

1- Can you accumulate shivs, like having a spare one, besides the one you're using? (EDIT: nvm... I just saw in the long video that you can carry more than one shiv... So, let me swap this one by: Can you use a shiv as a melee weapon?... and if you can... what if you have a shiv but have no long melee weapon... are you forced to use the shiv in melee, or can you choose to use your fists and save your shiv for the grabs?)

2- Can you accumulate melee weapons, or carry only one at a time?

3- When you upgrade a melee weapon, does this mean you add a blade to it and this blade has it's own durability points? Then, if these new durability points are depleted, does blade break and you're left with your old basic melee weapon... or does the whole weapon brake?

Message 44 of 86 (347 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

May 11, 2013

snipingseal915 wrote:

Last questions I promise. Is there anything about the game that stuck out as interesting and intruiging that we dont normally talk about on the forum? And did guns feel more powerful or aim better than uncharted?

Um...... can't think of anything intriguing that hasn't already been discussed.

Aiming is largely similiar to Uncharted. The guns feel and sound a bit better though. The standard pistol can kill a Clicker in 4-5 hits, whereas the revolver/magnum takes around  3 hits.

photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 45 of 86 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

MrZoobat wrote:

I'm not sure if you can answer all these questions based off the demo, but it's worth asking.

1) Can you do takedowns from behind cover like you can in Uncharted?

Don't think so, but I didn't try,so not sure.

2) Is there any sort of manual saving or is it all checkpoints?

From the demo at least, it was all auto-saving

3) Can Ellie, Tess, and other firendly AI characters die? (requiring a restart of the last checkpoint)

Yes, they can both die

4) Do you always have access to a flashlight or only during certain segments?

You always have acces to it, it's part of your inventory, but it runs on batteries. To use it, just press R3 at any time.

5) How smooth did the melee combat feel? In the original E3 demo, it was phenomenal. In the later videos, it looked much less impressive. However, these videos were from an earlier build.

It felt nice and weighty to me. A lot of the animations are contextual. For example, if there's a wall nearby, Joel will push the enemy towards it before finishing them off with a punch

6) How did the shooting mechanics feel? Remember when Uncharted 3 came out, there was an uproar about the sloppy shooting mechanics in SP. So much so that they had to release a patch. Does the shooting feel smooth?

No complaints about the shooting mechanics. Feels like Uncharted 2

7) How exactly does switching between melee combat and shooting work? Say you have a pistol and you're shooting infected, but then you try to melee one. Do you automatically switch to say, a pipe, given you have one? Or will you fight with your fists/gun and only use melee weapons when you manually switch to them?

When you switch to melee, Joel will always use a melee weapon if he has one equipped (e.g a pipe/brick). He will only uses his fists if the melee weapon breaks.

8) What is the moving speed when you hold only the left stick without holding the Sprint button? Is it like Uncharted where it's usually a slight jog, or like Batman Arkham games where you always move walking speed unless you hold sprint? Is there contextual movement speed like in Uncharted? (automatically walk during certain segments, jog during exploration, sprint during combat)

It's a slight jog. I think the movement is contextual. It seems slower when Joell is talking to Tess/ Ellie, and faster when you're in comabt.

9) Can you roll?

Nope

10) How does cover work? IIRC you automatically get into cover when near it. Does that feel natural? Can you swat turn between cover spots?

You automatically enter cover when you push against an object- there's no button for it. It feels very fluid and natural and not 'sticky'

11) What are all of the controls? I've seen what some buttons do (square is melee, L2 for listen mode, etc) but not all of them. Do certain buttons have multiple fuctions? This may already be common knowledge for some people but I'm trying to avoid watching too many gameplay videos.

Here, you can fill this out Smiley Happy

X = Vault over objects

Square = Melee

Circle = Crouch

Triangle = Pick up item

R1 = Shoot/ auto-throw bottle or brick

L1 = Aim weapon or botttle/brick

R2 = Listen mode

L2 = Sprint

R3 =  Toggle flashlight

L3 = Can't remember

Up on Dpad = Med kits

Left on Dpad = Can't remember ( EDIT: I think this toggles primary weapons- shotguns, rifles etc)

Right on Dpad = Toggle guns ( EDIT : I think this is to toggle side-arms)

Down on Dpad = Toggle throwable weapons- bricks, molotovs, bottles

Select = Crafting

Message 46 of 86 (319 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

BO2TLOU wrote:

Was the demo really as "intense" as the jouralists are describing it? Was the AI impressive enough to scare you (or at least habve you on the edge of your seat)?

Its was definitely fun and challenging, but I didn't feel scared at all. That might be because I was playing in a noisy, crowded store in broad daylight (and with no headphones)

Message 47 of 86 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

May 11, 2013

IGotVds wrote:
Could you shoot Ellie or Tess? Obviously this would result in a restart I was just curious if it was at all possible to do it by accident?

Didn't try, sorry but I doubt you can.

Message 48 of 86 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

May 11, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

Thank you for your availability. I'll try to be economic with my questions:

1- Can you accumulate shivs, like having a spare one, besides the one you're using? (EDIT: nvm... I just saw in the long video that you can carry more than one shiv... So, let me swap this one by: Can you use a shiv as a melee weapon?... and if you can... what if you have a shiv but have no long melee weapon... are you forced to use the shiv in melee, or can you choose to use your fists and save your shiv for the grabs?)

2- Can you accumulate melee weapons, or carry only one at a time?

3- When you upgrade a melee weapon, does this mean you add a blade to it and this blade has it's own durability points? Then, if these new durability points are depleted, does blade break and you're left with your old basic melee weapon... or does the whole weapon brake?

1) Shivs can only be used contextually- to stab enemies in a chokehold. You can't use them as ordinary melee weapons.

2) You can carry one 'large melee weapon' like a bat or pipe, plus one  'throwable' item like a brick or bottle, as far as I'm aware.

3) The blade does not have it's own durability. Once the upgraded melee weapon breaks, the entire thing breaks.

Message 49 of 86 (310 Views)
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

May 11, 2013

Props to you, Nazzy! You're very consistent and responsible about keeping up with the questions. You've earned my respect for what it's worth. Smiley Happy

================

Excuse my horrible Photoshop with the "One"
Message 50 of 86 (250 Views)
0 Likes