Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
May 15 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Host 8706 posts
Online

Kotaku: No nudity or drug use in the game

26 replies 912 views Edited May 15, 2013

The Last of Us has just received an R18+ rating from the Australian Classification Board.

 

According to the report the game received its rating as a result of the game’s violence. There were reportedly no incidents of drug use or nudity in the game, but the violence moved into the ‘high impact’ range, which forced the game into the R18+ category.

 

Early trailers and demos of The Last Of Us have featured realistic violent scenes, so it’s no surprise that the final game has been classified as an adults only game.

 

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/05/the-last-of-us-has-been-rated-r18-in-australia/?utm_medium=referral...

 

 

Message 1 of 27 (912 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2852 posts
 

Re: Kotaku: No nudity or drug use in the game

May 15, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

The Last of Us has just received an R18+ rating from the Australian Classification Board.

 

According to the report the game received its rating as a result of the game’s violence. There were reportedly no incidents of drug use or nudity in the game, but the violence moved into the ‘high impact’ range, which forced the game into the R18+ category.

 

Early trailers and demos of The Last Of Us have featured realistic violent scenes, so it’s no surprise that the final game has been classified as an adults only game.

 

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/05/the-last-of-us-has-been-rated-r18-in-australia/?utm_medium=referral...

 

 


I didn't expect any sexual content or nudity in this game, but it's nice to have a confirmation that it's not in the game, I hate having that crap into my games, especially when it has nothing to do with the plot (yes I'm looking at you assassin's creed...)

Message 2 of 27 (896 Views)
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
8706 posts
 

Re: Kotaku: No nudity or drug use in the game

May 15, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

The Last of Us has just received an R18+ rating from the Australian Classification Board.

 

According to the report the game received its rating as a result of the game’s violence. There were reportedly no incidents of drug use or nudity in the game, but the violence moved into the ‘high impact’ range, which forced the game into the R18+ category.

 

Early trailers and demos of The Last Of Us have featured realistic violent scenes, so it’s no surprise that the final game has been classified as an adults only game.

 

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/05/the-last-of-us-has-been-rated-r18-in-australia/?utm_medium=referral...

 

 


I didn't expect any sexual content or nudity in this game, but it's nice to have a confirmation that it's not in the game, I hate having that crap into my games, especially when it has nothing to do with the plot (yes I'm looking at you assassin's creed...)


Well, according to the report they linked in the article:

 

rating.png

 

There will still be some sexual content.

 

I'm surprised the language is considered "moderate impact"

 

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=s1pQKQb9KMkXh8WmlsCXAg%253d%253d&ncdctx=GsSXRyR...

 

 

Message 3 of 27 (882 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/02/2012
Offline
391 posts
 

Re: Kotaku: No nudity or drug use in the game

May 15, 2013

So they played the game?

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 4 of 27 (867 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/15/2012
Offline
2562 posts
 

Re: Kotaku: No nudity or drug use in the game

May 16, 2013

Awuh Loakum is going to be so bummed. lol.

Message 5 of 27 (862 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
Registered: 11/04/2010
Offline
2055 posts
 

Re: Kotaku: No nudity or drug use in the game

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

The language thing is odd. Looking at the E3 trailer and the Bill Reveal. 

 

Sex is moderate, so I guess they'll be exploring sexual themes. But, what kind counts for moderate? The Ellie kidnapping in the Gamescom trailer? 

 

^ Lol, poor Loakum, he'll never live it down.


Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 6 of 27 (858 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
2852 posts
 

Re: Kotaku: No nudity or drug use in the game

May 16, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

The Last of Us has just received an R18+ rating from the Australian Classification Board.

 

According to the report the game received its rating as a result of the game’s violence. There were reportedly no incidents of drug use or nudity in the game, but the violence moved into the ‘high impact’ range, which forced the game into the R18+ category.

 

Early trailers and demos of The Last Of Us have featured realistic violent scenes, so it’s no surprise that the final game has been classified as an adults only game.

 

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/05/the-last-of-us-has-been-rated-r18-in-australia/?utm_medium=referral...

 

 


I didn't expect any sexual content or nudity in this game, but it's nice to have a confirmation that it's not in the game, I hate having that crap into my games, especially when it has nothing to do with the plot (yes I'm looking at you assassin's creed...)


Well, according to the report they linked in the article:

 

rating.png

 

There will still be some sexual content.

 

I'm surprised the language is considered "moderate impact"

 

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=s1pQKQb9KMkXh8WmlsCXAg%253d%253d&ncdctx=GsSXRyR...

 

 


oh now that is dissapointing, but it can be interpreted in multiple ways, where do you have this from, can you get the same picture for Batman Arkham City, Assassin's Creed 2 and Uncharted 2 for me, I want to compare something :smileyhappy:

Message 7 of 27 (857 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
8706 posts
 

Re: Kotaku: No nudity or drug use in the game

May 16, 2013
^I'm on my new phone right now. Maybe someone else can help you out?

BTW Galaxy S4 is awesome!!!

Message 8 of 27 (808 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 12/16/2010
Offline
322 posts
 

Re: Kotaku: No nudity or drug use in the game

[ Edited ]
May 16, 2013

Thing is we just had the R18 rating passed just early this year, if it hadn't then the game could have possible had things cut out or even worse banned just like Left 4 Dead 2 and Mortal Kombat was.

Message 9 of 27 (763 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/01/2013
Offline
769 posts
 

Re: Kotaku: No nudity or drug use in the game

May 16, 2013

R18? Is that a Europe rating? I know America has AO -- Adults Only, so the game wouldn't have been cut for the U.S.

sig.png

Message 10 of 27 (716 Views)
Reply
0 Likes