Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 21 2013
By: A_Deity First Son 14 posts
Accepted Solution

Lakeside Resort Game breaking glitch HELP PLEASE

19 replies 523 views Edited Jun 21, 2013

Hey guys,

Really need some help here. Firstly I bought the game through PSN so it is the downloaded version of the game.

I just finished the boss fight against David as Ellie in the Lakeside resort chapter.  The game switches over to Joel and he falls through the map and dies before I can do anything.  I've tried resarting the game, replaying the chapter and no joy, Joel continues to fall through the map and die.  

I have been really enjoying this game until now any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 20 (523 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3874 posts

Re: Lakeside Resort Game breaking glitch HELP PLEASE

Jun 21, 2013
No idea. Maybe if you can video it, and send it to ND, they can patch it sometime in the future. Not a great answer, but worth a shot for the time being.
Message 2 of 20 (518 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

A_Deity wrote:

Hey guys,

Really need some help here. Firstly I bought the game through PSN so it is the downloaded version of the game.

I just finished the boss fight against David as Ellie in the Lakeside resort chapter.  The game switches over to Joel and he falls through the map and dies before I can do anything.  I've tried resarting the game, replaying the chapter and no joy, Joel continues to fall through the map and die.  

I have been really enjoying this game until now any help is greatly appreciated.

Maybe you  should try deleting the game data, not save data, and download it again.

It's not like it would hurt to try.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 3 of 20 (506 Views)
Fender Bender
3874 posts

Jun 21, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

A_Deity wrote:

Hey guys,

Maybe you  should try deleting the game data, not save data, and download it again.

It's not like it would hurt to try.

Everytime someone deletes their game data, a fairy dies.

True story.

Message 4 of 20 (499 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jun 21, 2013
EyeCue:

That was going to be my last resort... I don't want to wait another five hours for it to dl again right now. lol
Message 5 of 20 (490 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Did you change Joel's outfit? If you did just try switching it back to default one. Maybe try removing the 1.01 patch? Not sure if will help at all but it's a thought? :smileyfrustrated:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 6 of 20 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Jun 21, 2013

A_Deity wrote:
EyeCue:

That was going to be my last resort... I don't want to wait another five hours for it to dl again right now. lol

You could just leave it to download while you're sleeping. It would be all prepped by the time you wake up.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 7 of 20 (475 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jun 21, 2013

Actually I realized that I didn't have to dl it again as the file (all 26bg of it lol) is on my system.  I deleted the game data in the game data folder and restarted it… no effect.  I also figured it was just a bad spawn and let Joel plummet to his death for a little bit hopping for a good spawn and that too had no effect. 

In regard to changing the outfits I have not unlocked any of them yet as this is my first play through, but thanks for the suggestions.

Message 8 of 20 (467 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 21, 2013

Try loading the level before it and play it again then. If it doesn't work I think you're SOL.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 9 of 20 (463 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 22, 2013

Try taking that up with the Sony Computer Entertainment America line.

Message 10 of 20 (448 Views)
0 Likes