Feb 08 2014
By: L_A_White_Boy PlayStation MVP 2181 posts

***Last of Us 2 Rumor!!!***

[ Edited ]
50 replies 1214 views Edited Feb 8, 2014

IGN Announces there will be a The Last of Us 2 rumor along with Call of Duty issues (Who cares about COD thoughSmiley Happy)

Call of Duty Issues & The Last of Us 2 Rumors

Jump to 2:20 to hear about the rumor. Or watch the whole video. Smiley Happy

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/07/x1-cod-issues-the-last-of-us-2-rumors-ign-daily-fix?utm_campaig... 

Luke Karmali wrote:

"The Last of Us 2 has been discussed by Naughty Dog, according to the original game's writer and creative director.

Speaking to Eurogamer, Neil Druckmann revealed that the studio is beginning to think where to go next, so has been discussing both sequel ideas and thoughts on starting afresh.

"We just wrapped up Left Behind, and Bruce Straley, the game director, and I have been doing this for over four years now. So it's just time for a break, and to recharge the batteries," he said.

We have started brainstorming some stuff. To be honest, some of them are sequel ideas, and some of them are brand new IP.

"We have started brainstorming some stuff. To be honest, some of them are sequel ideas, and some of them are brand new IP - we've spent the last few weeks brainstorming new IP. So we have to get some good steps and see... It's kind of like how we approached Left Behind. Can we tell people a story that's really worth telling, and that's not repeating itself? And if we can't, where can we get inspired - what is something that's really going to challenge us, and push storytelling in this medium forward?"

Naughty Dog has two teams that work on projects; while one has just polished off The Last of Us: Left Behind, the other is working on Uncharted 4. There have been mutterings that The Last of Us may be getting a PS4 port with Left Behind thrown in, though Naughty Dog has refused to comment.

"We have such limited resources, and it's a question of where you put the resources," Druckmann said about a possible next-gen port. "It's something where we can have a feel of where the demand is, and where our time is best spent. It's something that we'll figure out as we move forward."

We previously heard rumours that a sequel to The Last of Us was already in development, but it seems that this may not have been true if, as Druckmann says, things are yet to progress beyond the brainstorming stage.

Until we hear anything official, warm yourself up for next week's release of the game's story DLC by reading our hands-on experience with Left Behind.

View the page here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/07/naughty-dog-contemplating-the-last-of-us-2

IGN - Naughty Dog Contemplating on The Last of Us 2

IGN News - Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us GOTY 'Doubtful' in 2014

Taking A Closer Look At The Last of Us' DLC

If you want to see The Last of Us win multiple awards including GOTY then you can check it out here to see what awards they won! Smiley Happy

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/07/the-last-of-us-wins-game-of-the-year-at-dice-awards-2014

Source: IGN

|| Twitter: @L_A_White_Boy ||Twitch: L_A_White_Boy ||
Message 1 of 51 (1,214 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1990 posts

Re: ***Last of Us 2 Rumor!!!***

Feb 8, 2014

guess if there is a new TLOU coming out soon, it will be announced shortly after Uncharted 4

young beard signature
Message 2 of 51 (1,155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Feb 8, 2014
I suppose ND will make up their minds soon.
Hoping for tee best Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 51 (1,153 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1212 posts

Feb 8, 2014

I could see a TLOU2, but with all new characters

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 4 of 51 (1,143 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Feb 8, 2014

hqdefault.jpg

Message 5 of 51 (1,105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Feb 8, 2014
I am **bleep** off -.-
Bathory/Quorthon 1983-2004/Twilight Of The Gods
See you in Valhalla
Message 6 of 51 (1,079 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Feb 8, 2014
K I swear to god if they change the characters I will abandon them for making that choice -.-
See you in Valhalla
Message 7 of 51 (1,077 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
229 posts

Feb 8, 2014

I'm almost certain there will be a Last of us 2, perhaps the more intriguing question is what direction will ND take the sequal? As Druckmann himself said "Can we tell people a story that's really worth telling, and that's not repeating itself?"

Message 8 of 51 (1,053 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Feb 8, 2014
Ellie and Joel's journey has been told. As much as I would like to see them. ND will bring other characters to light.
Message 9 of 51 (1,052 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Feb 8, 2014

MGS_FATMAN wrote:
Ellie and Joel's journey has been told. As much as I would like to see them. ND will bring other characters to light.

Then its not The Last of Us anymore without them, seeing others will be a disgrace to the name of the game, Joel and Ellie ARE The Last of Us nobody else. I will honestly not buy it whatsoever if its not with them.

See you in Valhalla
Message 10 of 51 (1,048 Views)