Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Re: Last of Us Multiplayer INFO!

Jun 3, 2013
So it's basically just deathmatch? That's it?
Message 11 of 97 (392 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013
Message 12 of 97 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Jun 3, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:
So it's basically just deathmatch? That's it?

The problem is that it isn't even DM.

It's dual plunder and elimination.

Message 13 of 97 (383 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Can someone post the push square article here..
It looks like also crashed like PSN. (:
Message 14 of 97 (377 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
719 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I just want multiplayer coop..

cry

Message 15 of 97 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

So..,,how is this so different and unique? Unless they haven't revealed everything yet. There's been no talk of infected attacks, setting up camps, having to prepare, gardening/sewing/cannibalism//etc., saving hostages...

Maybe there's more to the MP? Hope so, cause right now it's pretty underwhelming

Message 16 of 97 (359 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Jun 3, 2013
So umm, will there be infected AI to spice up the matches?
Message 17 of 97 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

Not sure how I feel about having only 2 game modes. The screens look cool, although some of the customization reminds me of U3, I just hope they don't add ridiculous items this time around.

We need an actual MP reveal, that read didn't really give me a feel for the MP. To be honest, it reminds me a lot of CoD at this point, which isn't necessarily bad, it just doesn't seem too original...I hope this wasn't all the mp info we were promised a while back.

Message 18 of 97 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Honestly, sometimes I can't stand people like a lot of you on this board. You guys hype yourselves up so much and bascially create YOUR game in YOUR mind and then get mad when it's not that. Someone else is creating this game, so why do you even expect it to play like YOU want it to?

You guys have to learn to control your expectations. I think this sounds pretty cool, personally. My expectations were to have an entertaining multiplayer that provides progression, hooks, and the same atmosphere as the singleplayer. I did not expect or WANT any significant gameplay elements. I did not expect or WANT any mind-blowing experience that has never been done before (because most of those experiences in any media the audience could never think of to begin with...because then they wouldn't be mind-blowing when experienced). 

It just ticks me off (maybe because I'm a communications major and a marketing minor) to see you guys distort the communications process of this game by creating YOUR theories and rambling at ND when YOUR theories don't become reality. It also ticks me off when you guys want them to advertise things without even considering that maybe they don't want anybody's feedback on it because of the mentioned reasons above. 

Have you guys ever created a work of art? Pictures? Paintings? Stories? Movies? Did you show it to anybody besides family/friends and your hometown community? How was the reception? How did you feel about what you made after people were exposed to it? Take those feelings and understand that's how the ND employees feel. 

What all this rambling boils down to is this. I'm not insulting you guys, but I am venting my frustrating in hopes to change your perspective about how you view other people's creative endeavors. If you do that, I think you'll appreciate this game more than what you have before. 

Stop thinking so mechanically and think more personably. To me this multiplayer seems pretty awesome. Why? Because it works the way the people who created it want it to work, and therefore I get to enjoy the experience they created for me to enjoy in the most functional and entertaining way they meant to display it. It's not  ALLabout what I WANT, it's about the quality of what  I am being given to play, and it seems like good quality.

So, yes, this has been building up so much over the past few weeks while reading some of these threads. I finally had to let it out here at the reveal of the multiplayer. 

Message 19 of 97 (288 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Thanks, Yem. This second review seems to have more informations. It looks like the clan thing and teh many days are just a skin for your player level and XP stuff. Much better than what I was thinking. I thought it was a literal clan.

"Every item that you attach to your character has a weight, meaning that you can’t simply wander into battle with all of the best weapons in your backpack."

This sounds good. But there are levels of skills, which is horrible Smiley Sad

I also dislike the thing about choosing whether to focus on the current game, or save your benefits for your own later upgrades. I mean, who wants to have a team member who saves his stuff for upgrades, when he could spend his stuff to help your team win the match? Bad, bad design Smiley Sad

Message 20 of 97 (281 Views)
0 Likes