Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Re: Last of Us Multiplayer INFO!

Jun 3, 2013

Chaoticmoon wrote:

Aurelia I don't get where you are getting the plunder feel to this. The supplies you find throughout the map are the same supplies you find in the singleplayer and you can either use those to create molotovs, med kits, shivs or you can save them for your clan and convert them to supplies for them. Atleast that is what I got from the previews.

I must be reading wrong, I understood it as capturing the supplies.

Message 31 of 97 (304 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Well there are boxes put in more central areas of the map but you just open them, take the supplies, and run. And I belive that there are also small amounts of supplies in drawers and such but that may be just in my head.

Message 32 of 97 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I'm thinking these supplies are static. It's more like a turf war, as the teams will try to dominate these areas, in order to access to the supplies and not letting the enemies get the goodies.

However, it was unclear to me if you really need to get back to a base, after you loot an enemies corpse, in order to drop this loot into your pool... or if you just loot and it's yours.

Message 33 of 97 (269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Each player has there own faction. So whatever supplies you save at the end of the match will help just your own faction. And at the end of a match the winning team will get more supplies for each person to be given to their overall factions health, too.

Message 34 of 97 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14202 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Lol okay no one is reading it right probably.

But still, We need more modes. 2 isn't going to last long.

As much as I love Blood Stone and totally believe it's the best conceived MP of this generation.. only has 3 modes which despite it's fantastic gameplay pacing and gameplay overall, it's just not enough.

4 modes I feel would be fine but only boarderline fine.

Message 35 of 97 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 3, 2013
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1949817/the_last_of_us_multiplayer_all_the_facts.html

"These missions ask that you complete a set number of actions during a set number of matches. This might be special executions, headshots or any other number of trackable statistics.

Successfully complete this and sick survivors will be cured or more survivors gained.

It ties neatly into the world of The Last Of Us, but isn’t nearly as impressive as it sounds. It’s all done through a handful of menu options, and lacks the personal touch – names aside – to make it feel like a fully-fledged part of the multiplayer."
Message 36 of 97 (224 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

@Aurelia I thought I was reading it pretty well, but I can get your opinion about more than two modes. Also heres another website with impressions of it:
http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/03/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-preview/

Message 37 of 97 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

cvbxsta wrote:
http://www.nowgamer.com/features/1949817/the_last_of_us_multiplayer_all_the_facts.html

"These missions ask that you complete a set number of actions during a set number of matches. This might be special executions, headshots or any other number of trackable statistics.

Successfully complete this and sick survivors will be cured or more survivors gained.

It ties neatly into the world of The Last Of Us, but isn’t nearly as impressive as it sounds. It’s all done through a handful of menu options, and lacks the personal touch – names aside – to make it feel like a fully-fledged part of the multiplayer."

These are just like challenges in Assassin's Creed 3. It's OK if they give you XP bonuses. It's like this in AC3. But they shouldn't give you points or advantages within the match. AC3 did this right... these challenges only give you bonuses outside the match. And you're likely to get them naturally, as opposed to focus on them and not on the match.

Message 38 of 97 (200 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Aldro wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this sounds really effing cool? I've never ever played anything quite like this. I hope its fun and feels engaging because the whole system seems really interesting.

I think this mp sounds awesome! On paper at least, it seems more exciting than TDM, CTF, etc. I think this is the first time an mp has ever really spiked my interest. Usually I skip mp and just play the campaign.

Message 39 of 97 (185 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5481 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I am so happy there is no typcal respawn-style Deathmatch. I'm so sick of playing games with that mode, and I never felt as though it belonged in the world of TLoU anyway. This has me very pleased indeed.

Message 40 of 97 (180 Views)
0 Likes