Sackboy
434 posts

Re: Last of Us Multiplayer INFO!

Jun 3, 2013

I just hope they have some type of Evasion booster to counter listening mode.  Or one to hide yourself on the radar when you shoot, I very much dislike people knowing where I am.  Lol

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 51 of 97 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 3, 2013

It doesn't matter what the MP is....all that matters is that there WILL BE RAGE.

I'm just sitting here waiting.

Message 52 of 97 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Jun 3, 2013

sportz-18 wrote:

I just hope they have some type of Evasion booster to counter listening mode.  Or one to hide yourself on the radar when you shoot, I very much dislike people knowing where I am.  Lol

It is there.

I'm 100% sure I've seen it.

Message 53 of 97 (242 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

sportz-18 wrote:

There is one booster to keep you invisible to Listen Mode when you crouch move. And there is a silencer, at least for a handgun, I suppose. So, you'll have your methods, I guess. Smiley Happy

________

"All this is limited by loadout points, however, so don't worry about characters feeling overpowered. Upgraded weapons - in other words, silenced or scoped weapons - cost more points, but you'll unlock more as you 'level' up."

The underlined sections seem so contradictory! Smiley Sad

_____

BTW... this loadout points thing is looking a lot like Metal Gar Online's system. You could choose among many weak boosters, or few strong ones.

____

Although I'm disliking the progression, the modes are actually looking pretty good and innovative (yes). And the crafting system is what really makes it shine, not just because you can craft, but because the materials are in different sweet spots. So, the mode is a deathmatch where you are encouraged to not only dominate sweet spots (turf war), but keep changing sweet spots (???). It's really new and I think it will be good against camping. Players will move with purpose .

__

The thing about the missions was funny. Your clan is attacked by infected. Head Shot some Fireflies and the Infected will go away. lol

Message 54 of 97 (232 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

LOL!

I cant believe they put Listen Mode in Mulitplayer!

TLoU will be a camper's paradise:

Call of Duty: Camping

Message 55 of 97 (190 Views)
Sackboy
434 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Oh thanks guys thats a relief.  The most annoying thing in U2 was people camping with SA in elimination.  Hopefully listening mode isn't op.

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 56 of 97 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
471 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I'm so excited OMG.

---
PSN: Chaystic

add me.
Message 57 of 97 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 3, 2013

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-previews-screenshots

"The goal of multiplayer is to survive 12 weeks, with each match representing a day."

7x12=84 matches. So, 84 matches equals the end of your clan for that sequence? My question is what happens to your clan after the 84 match? Are the stats simply shown and then you try to do better the next 12 weeks? 

This actually has a lot of really good incentive to play other than the typical stats like wins/losses/kdr. It's like a progress bar for your progress bar. How did you do the past 12 weeks? Can you do better the next 12 weeks? 

Basically, it's an outside influence to keep playing other than building up your character. Most games it's all about the character you play as and his or her progression. This, it's about that and progressing your clan. 

I like it. Smiley Happy

Message 58 of 97 (172 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Does anyone find it worrisome that your locked into a faction?  I can see some potential problems.. Like what if your friends choose the opposing faction, does that mean you cannot play with them?  And Honestly, I don't see many people wanting to join the Hunters over the Fireflies, but that's just my personal opinion.

Message 59 of 97 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Rogue_Eagle wrote:

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-previews-screenshots

"The goal of multiplayer is to survive 12 weeks, with each match representing a day."

7x12=84 matches. So, 84 matches equals the end of your clan for that sequence? My question is what happens to your clan after the 84 match? Are the stats simply shown and then you try to do better the next 12 weeks? 

This actually has a lot of really good incentive to play other than the typical stats like wins/losses/kdr. It's like a progress bar for your progress bar. How did you do the past 12 weeks? Can you do better the next 12 weeks? 

Basically, it's an outside influence to keep playing other than building up your character. Most games it's all about the character you play as and his or her progression. This, it's about that and progressing your clan. 

I like it. Smiley Happy

I think this clan thing is just a skin, not some actual clan with other players. It sounds like you're thinking it's an actual clan. Are you?

gundefined wrote:

Does anyone find it worrisome that your locked into a faction?  I can see some potential problems.. Like what if your friends choose the opposing faction, does that mean you cannot play with them?  And Honestly, I don't see many people wanting to join the Hunters over the Fireflies, but that's just my personal opinion.

I'm suspecting this faction is just for the XP/progression skin. In the actual matches, I'm suspecting the factions won't matter in dividing the teams. Otherwise, there would indeed be those problems you've just mentioned.

Message 60 of 97 (123 Views)
0 Likes