Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Re: Last of Us Multiplayer INFO!

Jun 3, 2013

gundefined wrote:
Does anyone find it worrisome that your locked into a faction?  I can see some potential problems.. Like what if your friends choose the opposing faction, does that mean you cannot play with them?  And Honestly, I don't see many people wanting to join the Hunters over the Fireflies, but that's just my personal opinion.

I considered that. They might implement it where only you, personally, know what faction you stand for. Each might offer different outcomes or circumstances for your clan. That's the only way I could see it being balanced. 

Basically, you'll know what faction each person is in, but you're not technically alongside them. You fight alongside anyone. That's how I see it, because it creates to many dilemmas to have fireflies vs. hunters. It's kind of like in MAG. Too many people join one faction and that doesn't leave enough in the other to verse or have as many advantages and benefits. 

Message 61 of 97 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 3, 2013

gundefined wrote:
Does anyone find it worrisome that your locked into a faction?  I can see some potential problems.. Like what if your friends choose the opposing faction, does that mean you cannot play with them?  And Honestly, I don't see many people wanting to join the Hunters over the Fireflies, but that's just my personal opinion.

The faction/clan are your NPC group that you take care of. The goal is to keep them supplied, fed, and healthy.

sig.png

Message 62 of 97 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 3, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

gundefined wrote:

The faction/clan are your NPC group that you take care of. The goal is to keep them supplied, fed, and healthy.

Yup. If they get sick, you have to perform a bunch of head shots. Then your buddies get better. Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 97 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Jun 3, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

gundefined wrote:

"Each mode sees you divided into teams of four based upon your chosen faction. You’ll be able to play as either the ruthless Hunters or the more political Fireflies."

source: http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/06/first_impressions_is_the_last_of_us_multiplayer_mode_worth_su...

Message 64 of 97 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Solid_Altair wrote:

Rogue_Eagle wrote:

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/the-last-of-us-multiplayer-previews-screenshots

"The goal of multiplayer is to survive 12 weeks, with each match representing a day."

7x12=84 matches. So, 84 matches equals the end of your clan for that sequence? My question is what happens to your clan after the 84 match? Are the stats simply shown and then you try to do better the next 12 weeks? 

This actually has a lot of really good incentive to play other than the typical stats like wins/losses/kdr. It's like a progress bar for your progress bar. How did you do the past 12 weeks? Can you do better the next 12 weeks? 

Basically, it's an outside influence to keep playing other than building up your character. Most games it's all about the character you play as and his or her progression. This, it's about that and progressing your clan. 

I like it. Smiley Happy

I think this clan thing is just a skin, not some actual clan with other players. It sounds like you're thinking it's an actual clan. Are you?

gundefined wrote:

I'm suspecting this faction is just for the XP/progression skin. In the actual matches, I'm suspecting the factions won't matter in dividing the teams. Otherwise, there would indeed be those problems you've just mentioned.

No, they just call it a clan so I'm calling it a clan. I know it's not with real people, but it's not just a skin when it's something to progress and work at. Granted, it's probably all text-based and only involves itself in text boxes before and after matches, but when you go into a match KNOWING you have to win/get headshots/kill x amount of people/etc. or you'll lose 4 clan members due to "disease," it just gives you more incentive to win rather than the usual "you have 9394 xp until your next level."

That's why I said what I said. It provides more incentive rather than your typical character progression. I could care less about seeing 3948 xp until the next level. I could care about losing clan members I worked hard to get into my clan due to losing a match or failing to complete a challenge. Creates a very shallow responsibility effort, and that's something new to the multiplayer experience Smiley Happy

Message 65 of 97 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 3, 2013

LOL i think you collect supplies but that's the jist of it ahahaha.

I can see it as a screen that shows you the individual status of your group. Jeremy has been coughing lately. Melissa is infected!

I view them as the children/weaker people of the group and you are the Daryl or Rick doing runs to gather supplies.

sig.png

Message 66 of 97 (160 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jun 3, 2013

I'm just worried about that Populace trophy. If I'm bad at the multiplayer and don't get my clan to forty people in the first cycle, do I get to start over? Do I have to start over?

Message 67 of 97 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 3, 2013

readerman wrote:

I'm just worried about that Populace trophy. If I'm bad at the multiplayer and don't get my clan to forty people in the first cycle, do I get to start over? Do I have to start over?

Each match is an in-game day. If you fail, you start fresh I assume.

sig.png

Message 68 of 97 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 3, 2013

readerman wrote:

We'll have to wait until ND tells us what happens at the end of a cycle, or someone figures it out through experience. 

Message 69 of 97 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 3, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

readerman wrote:

Each match is an in-game day. If you fail, you start fresh I assume.

He was talking about what happens at the end of 12 weeks, because that's how long your clan is supposed to survive for. I've already done a post that breaks it down to 84 matches. What happens after that to your clan is unknown to us. 

Message 70 of 97 (141 Views)
0 Likes