May 03 2013
By: FUIVT0PLAY Wastelander 671 posts

Leaked plot details NO SPOLIERS

[ Edited ]
9 replies 609 views Edited May 3, 2013

For anyone who has seen them, I have not, but my brother told me the names of the cutscenes, disregard that as a plot spoiler. They are named cutscenes, not cinematics. Cutscense are what happen IN game, while a cinematic is usually pre-rendered or a fully detailed video. For example;

Gears of War( I know this is a PS game forum but I love Gears)

Cutscene eg., Marcus talks to CIC over comlink. GoW3 when the player goes to see Griffin, a Gunker destroys an elevator, A small in game video shows this happen.

Cinematic eg., The Leviathan video that shows how Cole and Baird dislodge it from the ship.

Just to help out the people who don't want anything spoiled, it's no biggie. There are no, to my knowledge any leaked gameplay, and all comments that people claiming to know what happens to Joel and Ellie should be taken with a grain of salt. Unless you've played through the game, it should be discredited.

On another note, to some people who say knowing what happens makes it better, possibly. I watched all the leaked videos for Gears of War 3 before it came out. I love Gears though, and was super excited for it. It didn't ruin it for me, I just loved watching the game.

My point is that it doesn't matter if you know what's going to happen, you don't know how the events will unfold to reach the conclusion. It will still be amazing, and obviously ND is excited for us to play it. They know it's going to be good.

Message 1 of 10 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Re: Leaked polt details NO SPOLIERS

May 3, 2013

They're actually called movies, and I'm 95% sure they are the pre-rendered cinematics that reveal major plot points. There is a much bigger list with in game cutscenes that I also found, but I haven't looked at them enough to see if there are any more spoilers in there.

Still, there is probably going to be a lot more than what these titles reveal.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 2 of 10 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
May 3, 2013

fadi002 wrote:
Still, there is probably going to be a lot more than what these titles reveal.

^^^ Not only that but all of the plot points and emotional moments that occur during gameplay.

Anyone who chooses to miss out on this game because the leak would be a fool.

Message 3 of 10 (548 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 3, 2013
What are polt details OP?

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 4 of 10 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

May 3, 2013
^ nothing you would understand.

Message 5 of 10 (526 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

May 3, 2013

I wanna know everything about polt details!!

Plot details, however...

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 6 of 10 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
671 posts

May 3, 2013

I am soo excited for this game. To be fair, I feel bad for everyone that worked on it. It's obviously something near and dear to them, and they don't want people to not play it and enjoy it. I for one, am going to play this game from start to finish. I don't care if it gets spoiled for me(although I would prefer if it didn't) because I know from what I've watched with gameplay, dev diarys and all that, it's going to one of the most memorable games to me. This and Red Dead Redemption, I think. Those two are going to be the ones I will never forget.

Let's put it this way. If I have kids, they're playing RDR and TLoU.

Message 7 of 10 (522 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
768 posts

May 3, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

I am soo excited for this game. To be fair, I feel bad for everyone that worked on it. It's obviously something near and dear to them, and they don't want people to not play it and enjoy it. I for one, am going to play this game from start to finish. I don't care if it gets spoiled for me(although I would prefer if it didn't) because I know from what I've watched with gameplay, dev diarys and all that, it's going to one of the most memorable games to me. This and Red Dead Redemption, I think. Those two are going to be the ones I will never forget.

Let's put it this way. If I have kids, they're playing RDR and TLoU.

*wipes away man-tear...*

Message 8 of 10 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2374 posts

Re: Leaked plot details NO SPOLIERS

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013
Semi spoilers in this post...

The certain thing people think will happen may just be a misleading title. The beginning of the cutscene may make us think a certain character is... Well, you know... But then by the end of scene, it may reveal they are fine.

For an example, in Uncharted 2, it made it look like Elena had died at the end. When leaving The Lost City, Drake and Chloe thought Elena had passed away, then it skipped to the Village with Tenzen saying a prayer next to Drake, Chloe walks over and asked Drake if he loves her, then it's revealed she's fine. I'm hoping this is the same situation with TLOU. That being said, a darker ending could be pretty breath of fresh air for a Naughty Dog game, I'd never want an Uncharted game to end on a sad note though.
Pepsi
Message 9 of 10 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Re: Leaked plot details NO SPOLIERS

May 4, 2013

SjShane wrote:
Semi spoilers in this post...

The certain thing people think will happen may just be a misleading title. The beginning of the cutscene may make us think a certain character is... Well, you know... But then by the end of scene, it may reveal they are fine.

For an example, in Uncharted 2, it made it look like Elena had died at the end. When leaving The Lost City, Drake and Chloe thought Elena had passed away, then it skipped to the Village with Tenzen saying a prayer next to Drake, Chloe walks over and asked Drake if he loves her, then it's revealed she's fine. I'm hoping this is the same situation with TLOU. That being said, a darker ending could be pretty breath of fresh air for a Naughty Dog game, I'd never want an Uncharted game to end on a sad note though.

Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson were pretty mad about the spoilers, so I'm guessing they're real.

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 10 of 10 (202 Views)
0 Likes