Aug 02 2014
By: jackmikeMon First Son 2 posts

Left Behind DLC chronology enquiry.

4 replies 277 views Edited Aug 2, 2014
Dear friends,

I am new to TLOU, having just purchased the remastered edition on the PS4. I am currently on the summer section and loving every fine moment.

I know this may have been answered somewhat, but I still cannot find a definitive answer:- Where, during the main story, should I play through the 'Left Behind' DLC? Some say after the total completion of the main game (as ND recommend, I admit) and others say just before the 'Winter' section of the main game. Without revealing any spoilers, could anyone advise which chronological order would be the most interesting experience of the two, and is there any huge difference regardless?

And once again, please, PLEASE NO SPOILERS.

jmM.
Message 1 of 5 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2477 posts

Re: Left Behind DLC chronology enquiry.

Aug 2, 2014

Interesting question...

Ive often wondered, "how will I show "Star Wars to my kids?" Will I have them watch Episodes 4 5 6, and then finish with Episodes 1 2 3? That is the way that I experience "Star Wars," but who is to say that is how everyone should experience it too?

So initially, I'd say, obviously play the ENTIRE campaign through, beat it, let the ride sink the **bleep** in, play some Factions MP...and then begin Left Behind. Renewed, refreshed, recharged.

However, if you play through Left Behind before "Winter" (or after the first cut scene of winter), then you will ABSOLUTELY encounter MAJOR spoilers for the rest of the campaign. It will rob you of a sense of tension that ND is trying so hard to create.

Therefore, just complete the game, and then make your way to Left Behind. Im trying to think of even trying to advise you when it would be safe to fire up Left Behind...but I would spoil you in the prcocess.

Enjoy!

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 2 of 5 (271 Views)
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 2, 2014

What i usually do is when 'Winter' starts i open Ellies backpack and look at the picture of her and Riley(I checked, and actually there isn't a pic of Ellie and Riley in main game, maybe i was thinking of the dog tag), then after that hit start button, exit out and go into left behind.  But tbh with the ending to left behind and the music i think it might work better to play it after main campaign.

Oh, and i'm pretty sure there are no spoilers in left behind.. I could be wrong about that but i don't think i am.. Maybe one 'sort of' spoiler but nothing big or game ruining at all.

Message 3 of 5 (257 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 2, 2014
Dear friends

Thank you both for your swift and helpful responses. I am still some way off the Winter portion of the game, so I suppose I have a while to consider a decision. However, after reading the content of your messages and a little reassessment, I now have intentions to play Left Behind after the completion of the main game - the way that Naughty Dog intended their game to be experienced.

On my second playthrough, I think it would only make sense to play it in the alternative sequence. Should be interesting.

Thank you also for not revealing spoilers. Happy gaming.

jmM.
Message 4 of 5 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Aug 2, 2014

jackmikeMon wrote:
Dear friends

Thank you both for your swift and helpful responses. I am still some way off the Winter portion of the game, so I suppose I have a while to consider a decision. However, after reading the content of your messages and a little reassessment, I now have intentions to play Left Behind after the completion of the main game - the way that Naughty Dog intended their game to be experienced.

On my second playthrough, I think it would only make sense to play it in the alternative sequence. Should be interesting.

Thank you also for not revealing spoilers. Happy gaming.

jmM.

Yep, good choice.

I'd do that if I were playing TLoU for the first time...

I wish Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 5 (232 Views)
0 Likes