Reply
First Son
Registered: 11/13/2013
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: World premiere of Story DLC this Thursday!

Nov 13, 2013

I'd love to be excited for this DLC, but unfortunately I'm one of the many that can't even complete a full playthrough due to gamebreaking bugs. This is so incredibly sad. I really want to finish this story. But every 10 minutes or so the game just breaks. Audio drops out except for certain sounds, notes can no longer be read, textures won't load for next areas, can't interact with any items, and just slowly degrades from there.

 

I even walked through a door, and the map didn't load, so Joel just fell like 50 feet and died from fall damage, when there is supposed to be a floor after the door lol.

 

If I get lucky enough to have saved at some point, it takes about 30 minutes to load again, only to once again get about 5-10 minutes of gameplay before experiencing the game-breaking bugs again.

 

Incredibly bad.

 

But hey, new DLC, awesome. Let me restart the game again for the 4th time to see if I can actually complete the story... Smiley Sad

Message 31 of 136 (539 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/17/2013
Offline
498 posts
 

Re: World premiere of Story DLC this Thursday!

Nov 13, 2013
Hey how old is your ps3? Do you use a lot? Your bluray drive may be dirty or starting to break down..I use to have a problem similar to this until I bought a new drive.

Try playing another game for an hour then try playing tlou again.
Message 32 of 136 (523 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
11204 posts
 

Re: World premiere of Story DLC this Thursday!

Nov 13, 2013
Story DLC teaser done and delivered for Thursday's reveal. Keep 'er safe,@geoffkeighley. #thelastofus


https://mobile.twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/400507108098969600

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 33 of 136 (518 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 11/04/2013
Offline
58 posts
 

Re: World premiere of Story DLC this Thursday!

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2013

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeanjacket wrote:

I'd love to be excited for this DLC, but unfortunately I'm one of the many that can't even complete a full playthrough due to gamebreaking bugs. This is so incredibly sad. I really want to finish this story. But every 10 minutes or so the game just breaks. Audio drops out except for certain sounds, notes can no longer be read, textures won't load for next areas, can't interact with any items, and just slowly degrades from there.

 

I even walked through a door, and the map didn't load, so Joel just fell like 50 feet and died from fall damage, when there is supposed to be a floor after the door lol.

 

If I get lucky enough to have saved at some point, it takes about 30 minutes to load again, only to once again get about 5-10 minutes of gameplay before experiencing the game-breaking bugs again.

 

Incredibly bad.

 

But hey, new DLC, awesome. Let me restart the game again for the 4th time to see if I can actually complete the story... :smileysad:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would say that that's not a problem of the game but your console.

''Success is not the key to satisfaction, satisfaction is the key to success''
Message 34 of 136 (504 Views)
First Son
Registered: 11/13/2013
Offline
3 posts
 

Re: World premiere of Story DLC this Thursday!

Nov 13, 2013

burriizy wrote:
Hey how old is your ps3? Do you use a lot? Your bluray drive may be dirty or starting to break down..I use to have a problem similar to this until I bought a new drive.

Try playing another game for an hour then try playing tlou again.

Pakrobolgari wrote:

 

I would say that that's not a problem of the game but your console.



Console is actually relatively new, 250 GB Slim, bought for my younger sister last christmas (2012), and she used it to play 2 games, the new Assassins Creed, and Uncharted 3, both of which functioned perfectly fine. It absolutely is not the console, as other games still work flawlessly.  I'm not the only one having these issues, as you can roll over to the 68 pages of bug reports (or the Facebook), with other people that also mention game-breaking bugs that don't allow them to play the game. I do realize I am not in the majority, but there is still a consistent minority experiencing issues on new consoles that needs to be addressed. 

I will however try running another game for a period of time and then coming back to TLOU since I haven't tried that one yet, I'd be willing to try anything at this point. This story is addictively fantastic; I'd really like to see it through without having to watch it on Youtube like other users have said they had to do lol.
Message 35 of 136 (451 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 06/21/2013
Offline
87 posts
 

Re: World premiere of Story DLC this Thursday!

Nov 14, 2013

go into your "game data" (not save data) and delete everything that has anything to do with TLOU. reboot the system and when you choose to play, let it re-download any patches and start from the last chapter that was a good save. worked for me.

effyou
Message 36 of 136 (367 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/17/2013
Offline
498 posts
 

Re: World premiere of Story DLC this Thursday!

Nov 14, 2013
I wish the reveal came in the AM Smiley Sad
Message 37 of 136 (362 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/03/2013
Offline
57 posts
 

Re: World premiere of Story DLC this Thursday!

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

The SP DLC has already been leaked.  Do a search.

 

The SP DLC's main character is Bill along with his partner Frank.  The story is based around how Bill's Town came to be, and the events that lead up to his break-up with Frank.  Along your journey, you must find and collect as many magazines as possible during the outbreak.  This ultimately answers the question about his collection of magazines and where they came from.

 

There are rumors that the main weapons you use are the Bow (which Bill is proficient with), his Nepalese machete, and of course the nail bombs he invented.  Hopefully his shotgun (my favorite weapon) makes an appearance.  

 

Also rumored is you play Frank in a few scenarios and also part of the gameplay revolves around setting up a "tower defense" around Bill's town setting traps and nail bombs with hordes and hordes of infected attacking Bill's Town.

 

Sounds like a controversial DLC but could lead to interesting gameplay.


 

Where'd you get this info from? Google shows nothing about this

Message 38 of 136 (344 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 02/07/2012
Offline
19 posts
 

Re: World premiere of Story DLC this Thursday!

Nov 14, 2013

The idea of using Bill and Frank would be awesome if it were Co- op

Message 39 of 136 (317 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 11/04/2013
Offline
58 posts
 

Re: World premiere of Story DLC this Thursday!

[ Edited ]
Nov 14, 2013

In that case there could be a problem with your original, you just try to exchange that for a new one. And as you say, a lot of people just watched it on Youtube which means they whiled away an experiencie of playing the story :]

By the way, guys where can I watch PS4 All Access live?

''Success is not the key to satisfaction, satisfaction is the key to success''
Message 40 of 136 (296 Views)
Reply
0 Likes