Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 01 2013
By: EyeCue86 Fender Bender 3354 posts
Accepted Solution

Let's talk Listen Mode: The EyeCue86 Solution

[ Edited ]
10 replies 215 views Edited May 1, 2013

If you guys don't like listen mode, just don't use it.

ND doesn't have to remove it, for you guys to get your internet honor badge.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 1 of 11 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

Re: Lets talk Listen Mode: The EyeCue86 Solution

May 2, 2013

I don't find the "don't use it" argument to be valid. Why?

Because the feature in itself is out of place and doesn't belong in the game. I looks entirely like either a "noob helper" that'll make the game ten times easier for whoever uses it or perhaps Naughty Dog thought that some of their sections were too difficult so they decided to add something to lessen the frustration.

Either way, of course they won't remove it, but a see-through-walls mecanic in a game about survival and tense-ness is a questionnable design decision for sure.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 2 of 11 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
173 posts

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode: The EyeCue86 Solution

May 2, 2013

The only thing I hate about this game is much like you, that its not out! Im not sure I like the idea of the hearing mode thing, but i just wont use it lol, all in all, there is nothing in the game anyone could hate, except the release date lol

Ellie photo Ellie_zps812f6c9e.jpg
Message 3 of 11 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

[ Edited ]
May 2, 2013

You don't have thread monopoly, AK.

Message 5 of 11 (177 Views)
Naughty Host
9028 posts

May 2, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

I know I don't, but five threads down, you see my thread with the same exact title. Why did he have to make a completely new thread?

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 6 of 11 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 2, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Because the feature in itself is out of place and doesn't belong in the game. I looks entirely like either a "noob helper" that'll make the game ten times easier for whoever uses it or perhaps Naughty Dog thought that some of their sections were too difficult so they decided to add something to lessen the frustration.

Either way, of course they won't remove it, but a see-through-walls mecanic in a game about survival and tense-ness is a questionnable design decision for sure.

Just don't use it. If you don't use it, it won't affect your time playing the game.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 7 of 11 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 2, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

I know I don't, but five threads down, you see my thread with the same exact title. Why did he have to make a completely new thread?

My thread has a unique title, it's not the exact same as yours. I made this thread to voice my opinion on Listen Mode and the controversy it has caused in your thread. I see my solution as The Final Solution to the problem Listen Mode has caused.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 8 of 11 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1718 posts

May 2, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Just don't use it. If you don't use it, it won't affect your time playing the game.

Of course I won't use it. But if it's forced on the player (even if it's only at few select moments) I sure won't be happy about that.

Message 9 of 11 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 2, 2013

Matthewsike1st wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

Matthewsike1st wrote:

Of course I won't use it. But if it's forced on the player (even if it's only at few select moments) I sure won't be happy about that.

I'm sure it won't be forced on the player.

-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 10 of 11 (152 Views)
0 Likes