Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3519 posts

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

Apr 3, 2013

I haven't read/heard much about this, but I REALLY hope that we get an on/off option for this. If we get that, I definitely will turn it off. If not, well, I'll just try not to use it.

In any case, I don't like it at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 191 of 206 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Apr 14, 2013
I just want to take a moment and bring back up the fact that the majority of people here do not like listen mode. We haven't forgotten about it and we definitely have not accepted it. All we ask for is a toggle option.

I know this complaint is old news but I want to make it clear that most of us don't like listen mode. We want to be FULLY immersed in TLOU and I know naughty dog wants that too.
Please use plain text.
Message 192 of 206 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Apr 15, 2013

Alluboy_ wrote:

I haven't read/heard much about this, but I REALLY hope that we get an on/off option for this. If we get that, I definitely will turn it off. If not, well, I'll just try not to use it.

well there is an on/off option really....... you just dont activate it.

Please use plain text.
Message 193 of 206 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 15, 2013

aidmur123 wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

well there is an on/off option really....... you just dont activate it.

Yea for a 16hr game? You don't think someone wouldn't get a little urge to use it or accidently push it? Okay. Wow I did not think of that,you're so smart! Your brain must be as big as an ostrich!

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 194 of 206 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8529 posts

Apr 26, 2013

How do you guys think this will affect Multiplayer? I want to see a more limited version of this in which Listen Mode runs on some kind of energy bar that requires items to refill, even when you respawn. Maybe serve the same purpose as a power weapon?

NASWIPP.png

Please use plain text.
Message 195 of 206 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Apr 26, 2013

I dont like the idea at all. I think they should have done it in a much better and more realistic way. For example, they could as others have said, had him press his head against the wall or something, but instead of seeing an outline and exact location, it could have an arrow indicator or something pointing in the direction but not giving away the exact location and movement outline of the enemy.

This is going to be the best game ever tho! even with listen mode!

Ellie photo Ellie_zps812f6c9e.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 196 of 206 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Geez what a bunch of crybabies.

If you don't like don't use it.

I bet all of you played the Arkham games without detective mode on too...

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Please use plain text.
Message 197 of 206 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Apr 26, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:
Geez what a bunch of crybabies.

If you don't like don't use it.

My thoughts exactly. You don't need a toggle, just don't push R2 or whatever...

================

Excuse my horrible Photoshop with the "One"
Please use plain text.
Message 198 of 206 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Apr 26, 2013

You people all act like Naughty Dog has no idea what they're doing. First of all, people who have played the game have already said the game is extremely tense, immersive, and scary, EVEN WITH LISTENING MODE. Even with the inclusion of it, it didn't detract from the experience for these people. It didn't stop them from dying numerous times either. If this wasn't a good idea, ND wouldn't have included it in the first place. Saying "oh man this sucks, remove it! Remove it!" without even seeing full, proper gameplay or experiencing it isn't going to help anyone. Saying stupid things like "oh I'm not even excited anymore, the feature sucks" etc. etc. You all speak of it like its going to undermine everything they're doing, WHICH THEY'RE NOT. ND knows what they're doing. This feature will be great. The perfect solution is to remove the option of using it on the highest diffuculty setting. They can also tweak it so that it uses sound waves or something similar to MGS4. What ever it is, ND is working intensely on the game. It's crunch time. It'll all be amazing. It always does.

When all have fallen, rise above the ashes.
Please use plain text.
Message 199 of 206 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Apr 27, 2013

It really doesn't matter to me.:smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 200 of 206 (115 Views)
0 Likes