Splicer
88 posts

Re: Let's talk Listen Mode

Mar 24, 2013

IF U DONT LIKE LISTEN MODE THEN JUST DONT USE IT AND STOP CRYING!!

Message 61 of 206 (3,084 Views)
Wastelander
768 posts

Mar 24, 2013

CyborgHippo wrote:

loakum wrote:

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

@loakum - Well, mate, picture this. You're playing hard mission in Uncharted. You keept dying simply because you refuse to use melee because you having something against it for whatever reason. Eventually, you'll succumb to it no? Hating the fact I have the ability doesn't mean I can simply go without using it. - Boom.

lol, that's a bad example mate. melee is a basic primary gameplay function, just like running, jumping, or shooting. When you run out of ammo and have enemies surrounding you, you have to use melee and run..or die. Now having Tomb Raider's "Survival Sense" or having The Last of Us' "Listening Mode" or Dead Space's "Directional Lines" are optional features. I could simply use them, or not. 

Boom/Checkmate. ^_^

Nope not a boom or checkmate,you changed his scenario completely. What he was trying to get at is maybe you're not using the melee weapon simply because for example you're going for a challenge (like people with Pokemon) and want to try to beat the game without melee or hypothetically there's a trophy in the game for beating it without using melee. Boom! Checkmate!

Again stop bringing up that "OPTIONAL" thing too,we're simply saying they should take it out because as posted in previous comments,it ruins the survival factor that Naughty Dogs was intentionally aiming for and many people who wanted to play this game got stomped on because of that factor yet Naughty Dogs just stomped over us. It's human nature to be frustrated,and not get something you were expecting,again we just want it removed because it'll ruin the rating of the game,therefore lower sells. 

I was just speaking from experience playing uncharted. You mention "keep on dying for refusing to use melee." I usually get surrounded, and run out of ammo..but then again, I prefer to play it on hard and crushing..so that has alot to do with it. lol, anyway I'm gonna continue to bring up the OPTIONAL word, because that's the main point I'm making about The Last of Us  "Listening Mode". You can either use it, or not. There is just no way around that fact. lol

Message 62 of 206 (3,037 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 24, 2013

BaNo1990 wrote:

Read the comments and learn to understand them before making comments please. We're using rational arguments as to why this feature shouldn't be implemented and just want confirmation if they don't want to take it out if they have an option to turn it off via Options menu. No one here is crying,just conversing.

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Message 63 of 206 (3,012 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 24, 2013

loakum wrote:

CyborgHippo wrote:

loakum wrote:

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

@loakum - Well, mate, picture this. You're playing hard mission in Uncharted. You keept dying simply because you refuse to use melee because you having something against it for whatever reason. Eventually, you'll succumb to it no? Hating the fact I have the ability doesn't mean I can simply go without using it. - Boom.

lol, that's a bad example mate. melee is a basic primary gameplay function, just like running, jumping, or shooting. When you run out of ammo and have enemies surrounding you, you have to use melee and run..or die. Now having Tomb Raider's "Survival Sense" or having The Last of Us' "Listening Mode" or Dead Space's "Directional Lines" are optional features. I could simply use them, or not. 

Boom/Checkmate. ^_^

Nope not a boom or checkmate,you changed his scenario completely. What he was trying to get at is maybe you're not using the melee weapon simply because for example you're going for a challenge (like people with Pokemon) and want to try to beat the game without melee or hypothetically there's a trophy in the game for beating it without using melee. Boom! Checkmate!

Again stop bringing up that "OPTIONAL" thing too,we're simply saying they should take it out because as posted in previous comments,it ruins the survival factor that Naughty Dogs was intentionally aiming for and many people who wanted to play this game got stomped on because of that factor yet Naughty Dogs just stomped over us. It's human nature to be frustrated,and not get something you were expecting,again we just want it removed because it'll ruin the rating of the game,therefore lower sells. 

I was just speaking from experience playing uncharted. You mention "keep on dying for refusing to use melee." I usually get surrounded, and run out of ammo..but then again, I prefer to play it on hard and crushing..so that has alot to do with it. lol, anyway I'm gonna continue to bring up the OPTIONAL word, because that's the main point I'm making about The Last of Us  "Listening Mode". You can either use it, or not. There is just no way around that fact. lol

That's not really our argument though...? Therefore the usage of "Optional" is pointless and you're just making an useless argument. Again I respect anyone's opinion,but only if they have a reasonable one instead of like above poster "ERMAGERD IT'S OPTIONAL JUST DON'T USE ITz!"

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Message 64 of 206 (2,759 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
787 posts

Mar 24, 2013

You've ignored what I have said, only paying attention to what you can turn on me . Eventually it will be used, people would succumb to the power it provides. As far as we know we have no choice as to whether or not it's able to be switched off or restricted at a higher difficulty, therefore we will still use it.

As much as I enjoy a good argument - and everyone else does as well no doubt, we're clogging up the responses. Checkmate? We may continue this elsewhere if you so desire. Mate Smiley Happy

Message 65 of 206 (2,757 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:

You've ignored what I have said, only paying attention to what you can turn on me . Eventually it will be used, people would succumb to the power it provides. As far as we know we have no choice as to whether or not it's able to be switched off or restricted at a higher difficulty, therefore we will still use it.

As much as I enjoy a good argument - and everyone else does as well no doubt, we're clogging up the responses. Checkmate? We may continue this elsewhere if you so desire. Mate Smiley Happy

I think debating with loakum is pointless as he refuses to read and think about are suggestions and points. Not really any more point of arguing,well I'm done here and you're welcome to stop too,but it seems he's pretty solid on his choice and refuses to listen to us and at least hear us out.

Message 66 of 206 (2,489 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
787 posts

Mar 24, 2013

@BaNo1990 - If you don't like discussions then don't post and stop crying.

Message 67 of 206 (2,294 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 24, 2013

BaNo1990 wrote:

It's actually easy saying "Nike, Just Don't Do It" ...  I am probably part of the few that would take an oath that I won't use any kind of hack.

I said the same thing about Hitman & Tomb Raider's version of "Instinct"....that I wouldn't touch it.

But I did anyway. Not because I'm a noob or anything...every game I play...I go straight to the hardest difficulty. Always.

It's just that you can't help yourself pressing that hack if it's there. I would prefer it if there was an option to take it off altogether.

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 68 of 206 (1,889 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Mar 24, 2013

blackdelage wrote:

BaNo1990 wrote:

It's actually easy saying "Nike, Just Don't Do It" ...  I am probably part of the few that would take an oath that I won't use any kind of hack.

I said the same thing about Hitman & Tomb Raider's version of "Instinct"....that I wouldn't touch it.

But I did anyway. Not because I'm a noob or anything...every game I play...I go straight to the hardest difficulty. Always.

It's just that you can't help yourself pressing that hack if it's there. 

Exactly my point. I also play games on the Hardest difficulty first try too Smiley Happy

Message 69 of 206 (1,393 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Mar 24, 2013

About a year ago Gameinformer did a special coverage for The Last of Us. They had a lot of interviews with ND about the various aspects of the game, and among them there was an article titled "Why Audio Matters In The Last of Us". Click in the link to check out what they were planning to do with the propagation of sound but apparently didn't, so now we have to use this annoying Listen Mode.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/02/15/why-audio-matters-in-the-last-of-us.aspx

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 70 of 206 (3,596 Views)
0 Likes