Jan 25 2013
By: luigi1002 Hekseville Citizen 258 posts

Life in 'The Zones'

4 replies 322 views Edited Jan 25, 2013

On my last message I put out the discussion of hygiene, dh0rmazine mentioned what he thought what 'The Zones' would do with hygiene. Rising my new thought; what would life be like in the zones? Would you be able to venture around in it at the beginning? And if so, what would you find? So I'm putting out the question of "What do you expect to see in 'The Zones'?"

Personally, I expect to see a lot of sick people and criminals. Of course some police brutality (or military) on the streets. But what I'm really hoping for, is interaction. Pushing R2 in the game will have Joel make an observation or talk to Ellie. (It's 13:57 on the following video; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cVBXXFoWks). So talking to people getting their insight on the world or even just simple things would be an amazing feature I would love to see.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 1 of 5 (322 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Re: Life in 'The Zones'

Jan 25, 2013
I'm guessing the set-up will be like when Drake wakes up in the Tibetan village in Uncharted 2: You'll walk slowly through the zone in a linear fashion, but you can stop and interact with certain or objects if you want.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 2 of 5 (317 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 25, 2013

From what we have seen from the Story Trailer, the zones have a heavy military presents. We also see a scene of Joel walking by a line of civies being put on their knees with their hands on their heads by military personnel. From the images we see, we can tell that it is a rag-tag area, and has the presence of an occupied area with oppressed people then a safe haven. Also, just by the fact that we are being asked to smuggle Elli out, we can come to the conclusion that it isn't a place where people are treated very well.

However, judging by the fact that people still live there, we can also make the assumption that their basic needs, at the very least, are provided for.  It is likely they have a decent supply of food and water, possibly even running water if proper facilities are in the zone, and that it is still most likely a better place than many that exist today. One question that may arise is if what we saw in the trailer and what we will see in the game is just a poor area of the zone, and there is a more rich and luxurious area that we have yet to see or hear of. It can probably be assumed that some are treated better than others.

Message 3 of 5 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I think it'd be cool to be able to explore, definitely. Maybe read signs posted up that go into detail about Zone protocall, rules, ect, and different building purposes. Maybe even witness someone being executed on sight because they began showing symptoms of "twitching" (in Bills Safehouse cinematic he says "if I see so much as a twitch" which makes me think that must be an onset symptom of the infection) - Overhearing military guards talk about their lives and maybe what happened earlier in the zone would be sweet, being able to chat with other members of the general population would be awesome.

I expect to see a harsh environment with very little leniency between the military and general population.

Message 4 of 5 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
43 posts

Jan 26, 2013

I have a feeling zones aren't very safe.

Message 5 of 5 (244 Views)
0 Likes