Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 24 2013
By: WinterEdit Sackboy 564 posts

List of the OST + Places they are played in *Spoilers*

[ Edited ]
6 replies 397 views Edited Aug 30, 2013

Well I decided after seeing some YouTube comments, that I'd create a list about all the soundtrack songs. I am going to miss some, but that is where you will step in - if I don't know the place of where the song plays, you can say it where it plays or add another place where it plays if you know or remember it.

OST songs which I don't know that when they're played are marked with an asterisk (*). Spoiler tags on those are just for cosmetic reasons.

Spoiler tags show that in which place and time in the game (and the plot) the specific song plays (surprising, eh?), and don't blame me if you get spoiled because you were the one clicking the spoiler tag.

Let's begin, shall we? This post is likely to get updated frequently... due to remembering parts where songs are played.

1. The Quarantine Zone (20 Years Later)

Spoiler
Partially played when walking with Tess towards the checkpoint 5 and other places in Boston QZ.

2. The Hour

Spoiler
Played during beginning of the University or at the part when Ellie notes the Ram on the University building wall.

3. The Last of Us

Spoiler
Played during the Opening Credits

4. Forgotten Memories

Spoiler
Either after entering Salt Lake City before the Giraffe scene or during University, when Ellie says "It's getting chilly." Also played during the first walk through the woods with Ellie.

5. The Outbreak

Spoiler
Most likely during the Prologue.

6. Vanishing Grace

Spoiler
When watching the Giraffes... I'm pretty sure a lot of people knew this one. :smileyhappy:

7. The Hunters

Spoiler
When Joel and Ellie get shot with the Military Turret, shortly before meeting Henry and Sam. Not sure though.

8. All Gone

Spoiler
When holding the selection/cursor on the game in PlayStation Menu... and I think it plays on the Main Menu too as a part of the Main Menu theme.

9. Vanishing Grace (Innocence)

Spoiler
When Ellie drops the ladders and runs to see/chase the first Giraffe.

10. By Any Means

Spoiler
Unsure about this - but I think it plays when fighting Hunters and/or when Joel is close to getting drowned.

11. The Choice

Spoiler
This plays when Ellie and Joel leave the Ranch and during the Credits.

12. Smugglers

Spoiler
Another one which I am not sure of, but I think it plays when running from the soldiers after sneaking out of Boston QZ.

13. The Last of Us (Never Again)*

Spoiler
Where this plays is unknown to me.

14. The Last of Us (Goodnight)

Spoiler
After Sarah falls asleep on the couch on the first cinematic when Joel carries her to bed.

15. I Know What You Are*

Spoiler
Unknown to me, also.

16. Home

Spoiler
When Joel drives back to Jackson near the ending and during the last walk through the woods as Ellie.

17. Infected

Spoiler
I think when the Infected come after finding the Shorty and/or when you have to hold them off until Sam and Ellie open the door.

18. All Gone (Aftermath)

Spoiler
Sarah's death in the Prologue.

19. The Last of Us (A New Dawn)

Spoiler
When going outside with Tess the first time and when walking through the Suburbs with Sam, Ellie and Henry.

20. All Gone (No Escape)

Spoiler
When carrying Ellie to safety and escaping the Fireflies in the Firefly Lab.

21. Vanishing Grace (Childhood)

Spoiler
During the meeting of first Giraffe and until you see the herd of Giraffes.

22. The Path

Spoiler
I guess it is in the Credits, since I did never hear it in game.

23. All Gone (Alone)

Spoiler
When Ellie returns from the hunt and meeting of David and James, to give Joel the medicine.

24. Blackout

Spoiler
When avoiding the military soldiers in the trenches in the rain.

25. The Way It Was

Spoiler
When walking through the Bus Depot, Joel talking about how he ended in a triage just like that and before Ellie gives Joel the photo of Sarah and Joel.

26.  Breathless

Spoiler
When getting separated of Tess and Ellie, going through the Clicker group in the Museum (I believe).

27. The Last of Us (You and Me)

Spoiler
When looking at the Capitol building-cinematic, when taking the car and leaving Bill- cinematic, after the Sniper sequence in the Suburbs-cinematic... also likely when searching for Ellie with Tommy riding a horse. I think that is all I know.

28. All Gone (The Outside)

Spoiler
When looking at the bombed buildings, with Tess telling about getting to the Capitol building by sunrise.

29. The Path (A New Beginning)

Spoiler
End of the last cutscene, and beginning of the Credits.

30. Returning

Spoiler
The meeting of Tommy and Joel, in the cutscene where Joel tries to get into the power plant.

(31. Main Menu Theme) (not officially named that, I think)

Spoiler
Plays during Henry and Sam's death, season changes and after Joel gets impaled. Also plays while riding the horse towards the Ranch.

Also the actual songs you may or may have not heard:

The Last of Us Launch Trailer Song:

Lovedrug - Salt of the Earth

The Last of Us "Ellie's stolen things from Bill" cutscene + the "Ambush" cutscene: 

Hank Williams - Alone and Forsaken

Yes I spent all this time to do this. I was bored, okay? And I wanted to do something productive while being bored.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 1 of 7 (397 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
329 posts

Re: List of the OST + Places they are played in *Spoilers*

Aug 24, 2013
Thanks for posting this. I wasn't sure where most of the soundtrack plays during the game :smileyhappy:
Message 2 of 7 (386 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

Could you tell me which is the song that plays during this cutscene, I couldn't find it above.

Spoiler
The cutscene is the one in which Ellie murders David. The song starts at about the time that Joel shows up and stops Ellie.

Geoff FLYNN.png
Message 3 of 7 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 24, 2013

DMMGY1969 wrote:

Could you tell me which is the song that plays during this cutscene, I couldn't find it above.

Spoiler
The cutscene is the one in which Ellie murders David. The song starts at about the time that Joels shows up and stops Ellie.

Sorry, but nope. I do not think it is in the official OST... been wondering it too. It also plays during the

Spoiler
Ranch argument of Joel and Ellie

in Fall.

I have acquired the grade of Master in The Last of Us story/character/game knowledge as I have played it through 9 times.

... I have no life.
Message 4 of 7 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11119 posts

Aug 25, 2013

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. :heart:

Message 5 of 7 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
564 posts

Aug 25, 2013

renatabls wrote:

Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. :heart:

No problem. :smileyhappy:

... I have no life.
Message 6 of 7 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Aug 25, 2013
Yeah that song you wanted to know is not on the OST disc :/
Message 7 of 7 (235 Views)
0 Likes