May 17 2013
By: themarcshark223 Hekseville Citizen 384 posts

Listen mode optional huraahh!

28 replies 527 views Edited May 17, 2013
Thank you naughty dog. Thank you! Listen mode can be toggled off on any difficulty. I'm happy. I would have been Ok with listen mode if it was there but now that I know I can turn it off for sure I am definitely interested to turn it off on my first play through. I'll probably use it on my second pay through
Message 13 of 29 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

You can turn listen mode off. Happy now?

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2013/05/the-last-of-us-hands-on-lincoln-and-pittsburgh/

"you have the choice of turning Violence (assuming that refers to blood), Lock-On Aiming, Listen Mode, Melee Prompts and Tag Popups on or off. Essentially, you can limit the occasional HUD elements to make your experience more visceral and organic and also add another degree of difficulty if wanted."

So, those of you with chronic OCD who can't help but press the R2 button, are you satsfied now? :smileywink:

Edit: My bad, you already know this if  you watch  one of the vids EDSTA posted, but if you're on a media blackout, then here's your confirmation

photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 1 of 29 (5,645 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Re: You can turn listen mode off. Happy now?

May 17, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:

http://www.capsulecomputers.com.au/2013/05/the-last-of-us-hands-on-lincoln-and-pittsburgh/

"you have the choice of turning Violence (assuming that refers to blood), Lock-On Aiming, Listen Mode, Melee Prompts and Tag Popups on or off. Essentially, you can limit the occasional HUD elements to make your experience more visceral and organic and also add another degree of difficulty if wanted."

So, those of you with chronic OCD who can't help but press the R2 button, are you satsfied now? :smileywink:

I am happy with it :smileyhappy:

I mean, I really start to hate all these through walls looking things, all my favorite games for ps3 has some kind of looking though walls...

Assassin's Creed had eagle vision, Tomb Raider had survival instinct, Uncharted has situational awareness, Batman Arkham has detective mode, inFamous has some kind of electric pulse thing that can sense stuff and so on...

And also upcoming games will have it, Watch Dogs for instance, although I like it in Watch Dogs that it isn't just a button press away, if you saw the gameplay demo about the CTos server hacking, he had to sneak through and destroy that server, you can hack into camera's and then see what the camera is seeing, then you can mark enemy's by hacking their mobile device and keep track of where his mobile is (and therefore knowing where it's owner is), so you won't see enemy's though walls you haven't seen and tagged yet, and you are vulnerable while doing it, I think that is great, and it is realistic, listen mode however, is not, situational awerenesss is not, and eagle vision is not...

Message 2 of 29 (4,989 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

May 17, 2013
This does make me happy. YAY!
Message 3 of 29 (3,303 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

We can turn violence off?

Instead of killing other people we can instead go on flower picking missions with the hunters and have Ellie teach us how to make flower necklaces and maybe build a camp fire and share tales of life as non violent post apocalytpic individuals.

But yes I'm happy that Listen mode had a toggle. Im hardcore like that.

Message 4 of 29 (2,445 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

May 17, 2013

Can someone tell me what exactly are Melee Prompts?

Message 5 of 29 (2,190 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

May 17, 2013

When the square button pops up to counter, etc.

sig.png

Message 6 of 29 (2,168 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

May 17, 2013

Survival difficulty is also confirmed !!!!  

Message 7 of 29 (1,562 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
349 posts

May 17, 2013

What are Tag Popups, anybody know? Is it the little icon that appears on items you collect?

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 8 of 29 (439 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

No. It shouldn't be in the game at all. This optional feature totally affects me personally and has ruined this game for me. 

ND has lost my respect as a developer. I'm cancelling my pre-oreder right now and boycotting the game because that matters for some reason.  

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 9 of 29 (429 Views)