Anyway, add  marsipulami_82 if you want to

Art by Janice Chu
Message 11 of 21 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Re: Looking for UK TLOU online clan

Dec 25, 2013
OK I gave it a try and let me say WOW it's fast pace, and yes I died alot ! I'm really having trouble understanding how to upgrade my weapons and skills. I'm, also surprised that some people on my team just ran right by me while I lie there bleeding / dying ! Also if spomeone could tell me what the numbers by peoples names means i'd be grateful ? When I started I didn't have any numbers by my name now I have 2// not sure what that means ? Also how does one acquire load out points ? I'll write down you guys name and see if I can send you invites. OH and I tried the bow and it's not that I'm bad with it but the other players are so much better and quicker on the draw then me, so I switched to the SAR to start with.
Message 12 of 21 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Dec 25, 2013

- Weapon upgrades are in your backpack - what do you mean with skill upgrades?

- Most random teammates are **bleep** and don't revive, they go for the execution instead - that's why you should play with buddies Smiley Happy

- The number is the amount of weeks you played, every 7th day you get one level, if you survive 12 months you get a dot or marker, so it won't be // it will be *// and similar

- You will get loadout points by earning parts, you will need to play until around lvl 17 (?) until you got all 13 loadout points - but again it depends on how many parts you earn per game

- Good decision with the SAR (for now), and yes, when going head to head against basically any other weapon, you will be in trouble because the bow is really slow when not upgraded

I added you, just send me an invite when you see me online

Art by Janice Chu
Message 13 of 21 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Dec 25, 2013
By Skill upgrades I mean like deadeye or brawler those type skills.
Message 14 of 21 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Dec 25, 2013

Oh, you mean because the perks/skills are locked when building your own loadout?

You need more supplies to make them available. When you are editing your loadout and moving the cursor over the locked item, you will see how many supplies you need until you are allowed to use them.

But you can also upgrade your weapons in-game to give them: Faster fire and reload rate, bigger clip size, higher accuracy. There are always 2 upgrade levels for each weapon. You can not upgrade purchasable weapons though.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 15 of 21 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2013

AW now that would be very helpful faster fire bigger clip faster reload how do I do those upgrades pray tell ? Also any suggestions U have on a load out would also be helpful.

Message 16 of 21 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 25, 2013

Upgrading is on the "second page" of your backpack. I don't know what you have to press on top of my head tbh. I think if you are in the backpack on the crafting page, press right D-Pad or was it R1? At least there you can upgrade your weapons.

A good beginner loadout is to use any primary weapon you feel comfortable with (for me it was SAR), the Revolver or 9mm as secondary and then Crafter 2 or Crafter 3 and/or First Aid 2 or First Aid 3. The other perks as you like. Brawler was helpful for me because I ended up getting in fist fights very often. I still use Brawler in most of my loadouts. And Covert Training 2 if you want to play stealthy. But Covert is not mandatory if you stay with the team and don't want to flank often. If you want to play stealthy, get a silenced weapon or the bow.

All of those perks/weapons you wil have to unlock first of course, so for now I would just go for a Standard Loadout or fiddle with the perks you already have unlocked to try if they help you.

There are also couple of threads on the multiplayer forum discussing several loadouts.

EDIT: My beginner loadout was

- Revolver

- SAR

- Crafter 3

- First Aid 2

- Brawler 1

during the time I used that, Brawler 1 came with an additional modded 2x4, but now the health gain on melee attacks is equally great.

Art by Janice Chu
Message 17 of 21 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Dec 26, 2013
RE: Beginners Loadout
REEEAAAALLLLLYYYY ? So by having brawler 1 I auto get a 2x4 with scissors attached that could be very useful…lol
I've been using covert skill because it keeps me from being seen in listening mode and it give me one shiv with ever respawn.
Message 18 of 21 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Haha, no. That would be a bit OP.

With Brawler 1 you get health back when hitting with a melee weapon or fists. With Brawler 2, you will have an additional hit with your modded 2x4 after you crafted one. So first, you will have to craft one.

The additional 2x4 hit was on Brawler 1 on earlier versions of the game, now they changed that.

Covert is fine, I also like the shiv it gives me. But I did not find a lot of opportunities to shiv when I started playing the game, nor did I konw the maps / player movement patterns well enough to use Covert for flanking. So I just used the loadout points for something I could use well without knowing anything in this game and also being a bad shot. Which was Crafter and First Aid Smiley Happy

I encourage you to try as many perks as you can. If you like Covert and get some decent games with it, go for it!

Art by Janice Chu
Message 19 of 21 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

Dec 28, 2013
Great Phoenix I've wrote your name down and will add you to my friends list tomorrow and I'll be sending you and invite. I think if we can get a squad from the people who've posted on this thread thats willing to work together and help each other we should od ok. All the videos I've seen and I've been looking at a lot of them concerning multiplayer say that playing with friends and not just getting thrown into a match with people you don't known is the best way to go. While i'm not great by any means I'm getting better and learning with every match. I'm trying different loadouts and weapons looking for my play style some work better then others.
Message 20 of 21 (32 Views)
0 Likes