- Weapon upgrades are in your backpack - what do you mean with skill upgrades?
- Most random teammates are **bleep** and don't revive, they go for the execution instead - that's why you should play with buddies
- The number is the amount of weeks you played, every 7th day you get one level, if you survive 12 months you get a dot or marker, so it won't be // it will be *// and similar
- You will get loadout points by earning parts, you will need to play until around lvl 17 (?) until you got all 13 loadout points - but again it depends on how many parts you earn per game
- Good decision with the SAR (for now), and yes, when going head to head against basically any other weapon, you will be in trouble because the bow is really slow when not upgraded
I added you, just send me an invite when you see me online
Oh, you mean because the perks/skills are locked when building your own loadout?
You need more supplies to make them available. When you are editing your loadout and moving the cursor over the locked item, you will see how many supplies you need until you are allowed to use them.
But you can also upgrade your weapons in-game to give them: Faster fire and reload rate, bigger clip size, higher accuracy. There are always 2 upgrade levels for each weapon. You can not upgrade purchasable weapons though.
Upgrading is on the "second page" of your backpack. I don't know what you have to press on top of my head tbh. I think if you are in the backpack on the crafting page, press right D-Pad or was it R1? At least there you can upgrade your weapons.
A good beginner loadout is to use any primary weapon you feel comfortable with (for me it was SAR), the Revolver or 9mm as secondary and then Crafter 2 or Crafter 3 and/or First Aid 2 or First Aid 3. The other perks as you like. Brawler was helpful for me because I ended up getting in fist fights very often. I still use Brawler in most of my loadouts. And Covert Training 2 if you want to play stealthy. But Covert is not mandatory if you stay with the team and don't want to flank often. If you want to play stealthy, get a silenced weapon or the bow.
All of those perks/weapons you wil have to unlock first of course, so for now I would just go for a Standard Loadout or fiddle with the perks you already have unlocked to try if they help you.
There are also couple of threads on the multiplayer forum discussing several loadouts.
EDIT: My beginner loadout was
- Crafter 3
- First Aid 2
- Brawler 1
during the time I used that, Brawler 1 came with an additional modded 2x4, but now the health gain on melee attacks is equally great.
REEEAAAALLLLLYYYY ? So by having brawler 1 I auto get a 2x4 with scissors attached that could be very useful…lol
I've been using covert skill because it keeps me from being seen in listening mode and it give me one shiv with ever respawn.
Haha, no. That would be a bit OP.
With Brawler 1 you get health back when hitting with a melee weapon or fists. With Brawler 2, you will have an additional hit with your modded 2x4 after you crafted one. So first, you will have to craft one.
The additional 2x4 hit was on Brawler 1 on earlier versions of the game, now they changed that.
Covert is fine, I also like the shiv it gives me. But I did not find a lot of opportunities to shiv when I started playing the game, nor did I konw the maps / player movement patterns well enough to use Covert for flanking. So I just used the loadout points for something I could use well without knowing anything in this game and also being a bad shot. Which was Crafter and First Aid
I encourage you to try as many perks as you can. If you like Covert and get some decent games with it, go for it!