Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Re: Low localization quality

Jul 11, 2013

Wow. That sucks. Get an american copy. Your english is pretty good. 

Message 11 of 14 (148 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 11, 2013

I just hate when in movies or in games you don't hear the original voices.

I don't mind the subtitles (if you don't understand language well) but to do a voice over on some other language that suck imo :smileyhappy:

###SaleMaliZmaj####
Message 12 of 14 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
261 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Haha "Listen to the CIcadas" that's friggin' hilarious!!! I can just see some russian dude all proud of that translation.
Message 13 of 14 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
59 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Wow, i'm sorry for you guys. I actually have a positive feedback, a very nice one.

I play the game in italian because i want to understand everything. During the third or fourth playtrough however, i decided to give it a go and play it in english. And guess what? It was a bit worse to me!

First of all, the voice of Ellie in english is not bad but after listening to the italian version was so unnatural to me. I switched back to italian after a couple of hours because i wasn't used to it.

But that's minor, the voice acting overall (mostly Ellie) was more emotional in italian than english (i watched every cutscene in both languages and some of them were better in italian!)

*SPOILERS*

For example: 

Take a look at this cutscene in both languages, play the english first and then the italian one. Notice that in the italian version Ellie's voice is more emotional and seems that she's about to cry at 1:38.

I noticed this in some other cases and i'm really grateful that the italian version is even better than the original! (in my opinion of course)

ah and in italian "fireflies" it's been translated in "luci" ---> "lights" :/  

kinda OK tough.

Message 14 of 14 (66 Views)
0 Likes