Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 11 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Host 8052 posts

MP: All boosters and weaponry should be unlocked

[ Edited ]
20 replies 273 views Edited Apr 11, 2013

I was looking up some Metal Gear Online stuff when I thought of something that worked great in that game. You had access to all abilities in the game. You did not have to level up in game to gain ACCESS to any weapons or abilities (You still had to level up your abilities, but not by just simply playing game normally, but working toward that specific skill, similar to leveling up in Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.) Everything is available from the start.

You may be asking, why should I level up then? Simple, for cosmetic items: Clothes, camos, nameplates, taunts, and characters. How many times have you started as a noob in a multiplayer game and became frustrated at the fact that everyone has better guns and abilities than you? Nobody likes that. That's why all abilities and gameplay enhancing items should be unlocked from the beginning. Especially if there is some kind of prestige system. Many people refuse to prestige because it means losing abilities and items. 

What are your thoughts?

EDIT: I know that this will probably not happen because of the preorder incentive of unlocking the melee booster early, but I want to know everyone's thoughts about this.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (273 Views)
Sackboy
349 posts

Re: MP: All boosters and weaponry should be unlocked

Apr 12, 2013

I 100% agree. 

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
604 posts

Apr 12, 2013
Given that each ability is as affective as the next one. They need equal traits so everyone doesn't go straight to super melee or quiet feet.

Honestly though I think anything we have to say about multiplayer at this point is pointless. No doubt they're probably confident with the system hence the exclusive melee booster for the pre-orders. Unless that's a micro-transaction it's most definetly only unlockable at a certain rank
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 12, 2013

Eh, I'm not too for it.  

Though I'd have to play a game with said mechanic in place and see if I enjoyed it or not.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (244 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1027 posts

Apr 13, 2013
Weapons in MGO werent all unlocked from the start, you had to unlock them with points gained through play in each match. And the abilities still needed to be leveled up, and were as a result horribly unbalanced (though MGO as a whole was a terribly unbalanced game).

Its sort of a bad example, honestly.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 13, 2013

I don't know...I would like players in the multiplayer to live scrummy (a word I totally made up, that means poor and bummy). I don't want players to have actual weapons like guns. I prefer..broken beer bottles and chicken bones. That..would be glorious.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1577 posts

Apr 13, 2013

loakum wrote:

I don't know...I would like players in the multiplayer to live scrummy (a word I totally made up, that means poor and bummy). I don't want players to have actual weapons like guns. I prefer..broken beer bottles and chicken bones. That..would be glorious.

I wanna slap people with a rubber chicken

Click click click click click click click click................... I need to get off the forums.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Signature created by GFXNinja/CyborgHippo
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8052 posts

Apr 13, 2013
I got up to level 16 in MGO and I've never heard anybody say it was unbalanced, nor did it feel unbalanced.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Apr 13, 2013
MGO felt unbalanced to me. Head-shots were instant kills, yet you could empty an entire clip into an enemy's chest but they'd still survive ( though i last played it a year ago, and things could changed). It was an adequate game, and had some cool ideas, but it was a bit clunky and cumbersome. No disrespect to anyone who enjoyed it though.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3863 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Alt accounts, alt accounts everywhere. 

But yes, it would provide a extra reason to use alts which depending on matchmaking may be a good or bad thing.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (138 Views)
0 Likes