Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: MP Info

[ Edited ]
Jun 2, 2013

I'm wondering how could ND do all those things in the pastebin w/in a span of a typical mp game that we know.. _____ is grilling a rat? _______ learning how to sew? ____ got infected with a can of food? ___ has a mental breakdown lol and much more. I wouldn't be surprised if it has a real MP competitive mode, and then a game that you can play "away" from your system. Like the GT b spec mode or a fbook game. I just hope this won't turn out such a disaster.

+============================================================+
Message 31 of 41 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 2, 2013

Sinta.. Again, why would there be a trophy for clans then? Its in the game.

Message 32 of 41 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 2, 2013

dkmariolink wrote:

Sinta.. Again, why would there be a trophy for clans then? Its in the game.

There is? Well, i hope you're right. Lots of games are trying to extend their mp to mobile devices. I wouldn't be surprised if this has some mode that you can play on your mobile or browser then continue playing it in the ps3. Seems like a lot of devs has been aiming for it recently.

EDIT: As for clan members. This might not be the "Clan" that we are used to know like in COD, U2/3. It could be the a clan where the members are still actually an AI like in the Assassins creed game i've played.. I might be reaching way too far on this though. But you never know, the secrecy on mp info is still puzzling(or worrying) to me.

+============================================================+
Message 33 of 41 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
132 posts

Jun 2, 2013

.. I wonder if there's a stat for how many cats you've eaten

Message 34 of 41 (263 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 2, 2013

The eating of cats idea had to come from I Am Legend

Message 35 of 41 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
785 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Going to be honest, I don't like the sound of it, at all. It sounds like a multiplayer that is completely detached from the norm, which is a dangerous move considering it is ND's first time making this sort of MP and the disgrace we label "Uncharted 3" will have an influence due to the fact the same guys who brought us micro-transactions are in on it. They said it themselves they wanted to retain that singleplayer feel in the multiplayer, but I don't see how they can achieve that with the "Eating of cats" and the number of irritating self-absorbed knobs that'll be running around with flag hats -  isn't even remotely close to the SP.

I was perfectly happy with them using standard game modes as a rough sketch then gradually building on top of that with rich variety. However, my opinion is a little biased because I just hate strategy games and having to rely on the AI as a means of difficulty. Sounds like I'll be running around with the AI simultaneously, that's pretty dodgey. The game is yet to release and I've already seen flaws in just Ellie alone.

I hope these strings come from Uncharted. By all means Naughty Dog, screw up Uncharted 4's Multiplayer, but when a game like The Last of Us slaps you in the face with a golden opportunity, you'd better not waste it.

Message 36 of 41 (180 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1225 posts

Jun 3, 2013

This thread has reminded me of why I asked myself, 'what the hell is ND thinking by NOT talking about MP thus far?"

The Last of Us: 96% Metacritic!!!
Message 37 of 41 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Sounds like a game in which I'll finally play multiplayer for months!!

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 38 of 41 (166 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
290 posts

Jun 3, 2013
Riot helm? Gas mask?! Hoo snap! Can't wait to customize my char to look like a badass!
Message 39 of 41 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Jun 3, 2013

@SjShane Know this is old but I consider myself a good player for the most part but I have never consistantly got headshots. 25 health is nothing if you can't secure a headshot every shot. Hell if their is scope swaying then that must mean the scope system is the hardest to use in a game.

Message 40 of 41 (131 Views)
0 Likes