Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: MP details and a season pass News

May 25, 2013

People hated split-screen feature in U3? News to me.. Why?

+============================================================+
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 85 (9,672 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2852 posts

May 25, 2013

sinta0531 wrote:

People hated split-screen feature in U3? News to me.. Why?

1. because the graphics were bad because of it

2. it ruined the matchmaking, splitscreeners on your team and not on the other were an instant loss

3. the way the screens were split (that's just something I heard, never played splitscreen myself)

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 85 (9,651 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13351 posts

[ Edited ]
May 25, 2013

FUIVT0PLAY wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Split Screen is gone?

YES... YES... YESSSSS!!!!!!

Best news so far.

Okay that's just spiteful.

I have good reason for it.

In co-op.. I don't mind as much, It's fine there it doesn't really impact half as much since it only can ruin finishing the map.

For competitive, split screen users are usually pretty bad and never team players, they play in a team of two. I must have seen about 10 good split screen users, with the rest just being cannon fodder and costing whatever team they are on so heavily that it is impossible to compete in the match for a win.

In co-op.. Eh. I can handle most the stuff myself if I have to unless it's one of the stupidly hard adventure set pieces.

As far as the modes where you get a win. I want to win in those modes, split screen usually makes me sigh and just dashboard my console.

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 85 (9,628 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

May 25, 2013

I understand why people hate randoms/noobs (not just splitscreeners), but here's the thing: splitscreen is good, because it increases the player pool.

Let's say that you have 1000 consoles. Without splitscreen you can only have 1000 players, right? With splitscreen you can have 2000 players.

Of course not everyone is gonna use splitscreen, so in practice I'd say that it increases the player pool by 30-50%, which is still good in my book.

You don't like splitscreeners/randoms because they do stupid things? Cool, I don't like them either. Play in a party of 4-5 if you want to avoid having them in your team.

Anyway, we all know that TLOU won't support 3D/splitscreen, but I sincerely hope that the PS4 will support even better splitscreen. Quad splitscreen would be pretty cool.

Think about it: quad splitscreen in 1920x1080 means that everyone will have one quarter of the screen -> 960x540 -> 16:9 aspect ratio with NO black borders -> the same resolution as the Vita, which is not shabby at all. That's even better than the native resolution of CoD:BO2 in the PS3. :smileyhappy:

Whether you like it or not, we need to increase the pool of UC4 MP in the PS4 at all costs, because the PS4 is not expected to reach 77 million units any time soon. In the first year it will probably sell around 10-15 million units.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 85 (9,611 Views)
Wastelander
671 posts

May 25, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

I understand why people hate randoms/noobs (not just splitscreeners), but here's the thing: splitscreen is good, because it increases the player pool.

Let's say that you have 1000 consoles. Without splitscreen you can only have 1000 players, right? With splitscreen you can have 2000 players.

Of course not everyone is gonna use splitscreen, so in practice I'd say that it increases the player pool by 30-50%, which is still good in my book.

You don't like splitscreeners/randoms because they do stupid things? Cool, I don't like them either. Play in a party of 4-5 if you want to avoid having them in your team.

Anyway, we all know that TLOU won't support 3D/splitscreen, but I sincerely hope that the PS4 will support even better splitscreen. Quad splitscreen would be pretty cool.

Think about it: quad splitscreen in 1920x1080 means that everyone will have one quarter of the screen -> 960x540 -> 16:9 aspect ratio with NO black borders -> the same resolution as the Vita, which is not shabby at all. That's even better than the native resolution of CoD:BO2 in the PS3. :smileyhappy:

Whether you like it or not, we need to increase the pool of UC4 MP in the PS4 at all costs, because the PS4 is not expected to reach 77 million units any time soon. In the first year it will probably sell around 10-15 million units.

Thank ya!

I just want it for co-op so I can play with my bro. I won't be playing competetive 'cause I hate competetive MP, so you know you won't find me in MP.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 85 (9,566 Views)