Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
3354 posts
 

Re: MP details and a season pass News

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Here's the thing: 

 

Packa group of people or things

 

The Fort Co-Op map contained an adventure map that had a storyline, 3 new characters to play as in Co-Op adventure, and introduced a new enemy type.

 

If this map pack included, let's say, only the Sanctuary Map, then yes, it was a misleading title.

 

This could be used in ND's defense.

 

Is it a weak defense? Sure

 

Will it make ND look like sly and guile, in a bad way? Yes

 

Do I support the way they handled the fourth map pack, as in it led us to believe that the map pack would contain 4 seperate competitive maps? No

 

Do I regret buying the Fortune Hunters' Club? No, because I would have ended up buying all the DLC regardless. This just saved me money, paying $25 instead of $60. 

 

In conclusion, ND knew they **bleep** up with the co-op map, which resulted on the outrage on NeoGaf and the UC3 forum. Nevertheless, it can be argued in their defense, but ND were smart in refraining in doing so in this manner.

 

 If you're interested on how Arne handled the situation:

 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=58211364#post58211364


LOL, Neogaf!

 

It's also a lot easier to stop being such a ND Fanboy.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.


"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us


"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 31 of 85 (213 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9060 posts
 

Re: MP details and a season pass News

May 21, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Here's the thing: 

 

Packa group of people or things

 

The Fort Co-Op map contained an adventure map that had a storyline, 3 new characters to play as in Co-Op adventure, and introduced a new enemy type.

 

If this map pack included, let's say, only the Sanctuary Map, then yes, it was a misleading title.

 

This could be used in ND's defense.

 

Is it a weak defense? Sure

 

Will it make ND look like sly and guile, in a bad way? Yes

 

Do I support the way they handled the fourth map pack, as in it led us to believe that the map pack would contain 4 seperate competitive maps? No

 

Do I regret buying the Fortune Hunters' Club? No, because I would have ended up buying all the DLC regardless. This just saved me money, paying $25 instead of $60. 

 

In conclusion, ND knew they **bleep** up with the co-op map, which resulted on the outrage on NeoGaf and the UC3 forum. Nevertheless, it can be argued in their defense, but ND were smart in refraining in doing so in this manner.

 

 If you're interested on how Arne handled the situation:

 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=58211364#post58211364


LOL, Neogaf!

 

It's also a lot easier to stop being such a ND Fanboy.


Fanboy? This again...

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 32 of 85 (208 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: MP details and a season pass News

May 21, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Here's the thing: 

 

Packa group of people or things

 

The Fort Co-Op map contained an adventure map that had a storyline, 3 new characters to play as in Co-Op adventure, and introduced a new enemy type.


Here's the thing: it needs to have at least 2 different chapters to be considered a pack in the context of Co-op Adventure.

 

I'm also quite sure that it was made months before the game went gold and they just removed it from the main game to sell it as a DLC... why? Because the actors finished mo-cap/recording stuff months ago (around May 2011). :smileywink:

 

Before you say anything about the Blu-Ray space, I'll have to remind you that free DLC is always welcome by the community (UC2 Fort says hi). Those were the days...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 33 of 85 (200 Views)
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9060 posts
 

Re: MP details and a season pass News

May 21, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Here's the thing: 

 

Packa group of people or things

 

The Fort Co-Op map contained an adventure map that had a storyline, 3 new characters to play as in Co-Op adventure, and introduced a new enemy type.


Here's the thing: it needs to have at least 2 different chapters to be considered a pack in the context of Co-op Adventure.

 

I'm also quite sure that it was made months before the game went gold and they just removed it from the main game to sell it as a DLC... why? Because the actors finished mo-cap/recording stuff months ago (around May 2011). :smileywink:

 

Before you say anything about the Blu-Ray space, I'll have to remind you that free DLC is always welcome by the community (UC2 Fort says hi). Those were the days...


Like I said, it's not the best of defenses. But Eric could probably make a better one with his English Degree :smileywink:

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 34 of 85 (184 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/01/2013
Offline
769 posts
 

Re: MP details and a season pass News

May 21, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Here's the thing: 

 

Packa group of people or things

 

The Fort Co-Op map contained an adventure map that had a storyline, 3 new characters to play as in Co-Op adventure, and introduced a new enemy type.

 

If this map pack included, let's say, only the Sanctuary Map, then yes, it was a misleading title.

 

This could be used in ND's defense.

 

Is it a weak defense? Sure

 

Will it make ND look like sly and guile, in a bad way? Yes

 

Do I support the way they handled the fourth map pack, as in it led us to believe that the map pack would contain 4 seperate competitive maps? No

 

Do I regret buying the Fortune Hunters' Club? No, because I would have ended up buying all the DLC regardless. This just saved me money, paying $25 instead of $60. 

 

In conclusion, ND knew they **bleep** up with the co-op map, which resulted on the outrage on NeoGaf and the UC3 forum. Nevertheless, it can be argued in their defense, but ND were smart in refraining in doing so in this manner.

 

 If you're interested on how Arne handled the situation:

 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=58211364#post58211364


LOL, Neogaf!

 

It's also a lot easier to stop being such a ND Fanboy.


So, anyone that thinks Naughty Dog is a good game company is a fan boy? You're a moron.

sig.png

Message 35 of 85 (182 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9060 posts
 

Re: MP details and a season pass News

May 21, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Here's the thing: 

 

Packa group of people or things

 

The Fort Co-Op map contained an adventure map that had a storyline, 3 new characters to play as in Co-Op adventure, and introduced a new enemy type.

 

If this map pack included, let's say, only the Sanctuary Map, then yes, it was a misleading title.

 

This could be used in ND's defense.

 

Is it a weak defense? Sure

 

Will it make ND look like sly and guile, in a bad way? Yes

 

Do I support the way they handled the fourth map pack, as in it led us to believe that the map pack would contain 4 seperate competitive maps? No

 

Do I regret buying the Fortune Hunters' Club? No, because I would have ended up buying all the DLC regardless. This just saved me money, paying $25 instead of $60. 

 

In conclusion, ND knew they **bleep** up with the co-op map, which resulted on the outrage on NeoGaf and the UC3 forum. Nevertheless, it can be argued in their defense, but ND were smart in refraining in doing so in this manner.

 

 If you're interested on how Arne handled the situation:

 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=58211364#post58211364


LOL, Neogaf!

 

It's also a lot easier to stop being such a ND Fanboy.


So, anyone that thinks Naughty Dog is a good game company is a fan boy? You're a moron.


Don't bother with this guy...

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 36 of 85 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
13533 posts
 

Re: MP details and a season pass News

[ Edited ]
May 21, 2013

It is true though. Anyone who thinks ND is a good company is a fanboy/girl

 

I'm a Quantic Dream fangirl. They will never ever do anything wrong. EVER. But if they somehow did.. i'd call them out on it too.

 

Anyway.. on topic

 

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pack

 

/thread



Message 37 of 85 (168 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 06/05/2011
Offline
3354 posts
 

Re: MP details and a season pass News

[ Edited ]
May 22, 2013

PsiloCube wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Here's the thing: 

 

Packa group of people or things

 

The Fort Co-Op map contained an adventure map that had a storyline, 3 new characters to play as in Co-Op adventure, and introduced a new enemy type.

 

If this map pack included, let's say, only the Sanctuary Map, then yes, it was a misleading title.

 

This could be used in ND's defense.

 

Is it a weak defense? Sure

 

Will it make ND look like sly and guile, in a bad way? Yes

 

Do I support the way they handled the fourth map pack, as in it led us to believe that the map pack would contain 4 seperate competitive maps? No

 

Do I regret buying the Fortune Hunters' Club? No, because I would have ended up buying all the DLC regardless. This just saved me money, paying $25 instead of $60. 

 

In conclusion, ND knew they **bleep** up with the co-op map, which resulted on the outrage on NeoGaf and the UC3 forum. Nevertheless, it can be argued in their defense, but ND were smart in refraining in doing so in this manner.

 

 If you're interested on how Arne handled the situation:

 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=58211364#post58211364


LOL, Neogaf!

 

It's also a lot easier to stop being such a ND Fanboy.


So, anyone that thinks Naughty Dog is a good game company is a fan boy? You're a moron.


Nope! 

 

I think they make good games. I'm just objective. A ND Fanboy is not.

 

What makes a ND fanboy is defending every questionable thing that ND does, or claiming certain aspects of the game will be great, like say the multiplayer, without ever seeing gameplay, something which AKyemeni for example, does frequently.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.


"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us


"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 38 of 85 (165 Views)
Naughty Host
Registered: 02/11/2010
Online
9060 posts
 

Re: MP details and a season pass News

May 21, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

PsiloCube wrote:

EyeCue86 wrote:

AKyemeni wrote:

Here's the thing: 

 

Packa group of people or things

 

The Fort Co-Op map contained an adventure map that had a storyline, 3 new characters to play as in Co-Op adventure, and introduced a new enemy type.

 

If this map pack included, let's say, only the Sanctuary Map, then yes, it was a misleading title.

 

This could be used in ND's defense.

 

Is it a weak defense? Sure

 

Will it make ND look like sly and guile, in a bad way? Yes

 

Do I support the way they handled the fourth map pack, as in it led us to believe that the map pack would contain 4 seperate competitive maps? No

 

Do I regret buying the Fortune Hunters' Club? No, because I would have ended up buying all the DLC regardless. This just saved me money, paying $25 instead of $60. 

 

In conclusion, ND knew they **bleep** up with the co-op map, which resulted on the outrage on NeoGaf and the UC3 forum. Nevertheless, it can be argued in their defense, but ND were smart in refraining in doing so in this manner.

 

 If you're interested on how Arne handled the situation:

 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=58211364#post58211364


LOL, Neogaf!

 

It's also a lot easier to stop being such a ND Fanboy.


So, anyone that thinks Naughty Dog is a good game company is a fan boy? You're a moron.


Nope! 

 

I think they make good games. I'm just objective. A ND Fanboy is not.

 

What makes a ND fanboy is defending every questionable thing that ND does, or claiming certain aspects of the game will be great, like say the multiplayer, without ever seeing gameplay, something which AKyemeni for example, does frequently.


That's because ND can do no wrong...

 

In all seriousness, if you actually read into my comments when I make those comments, they don't sound like I really believe that it will be the best. But ND is my favorite developer, after Kojima. I just do it to see what people think. I still hold them objectively.

AKsWiseWords.png

Message 39 of 85 (152 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 05/01/2013
Offline
769 posts
 

Re: MP details and a season pass News

May 21, 2013

You're negative. I've NEVER seen you post something that doesn't go against the grain of the thread. I think the multiplayer is going to be good, too. We have more of a reason to think it's going to be good than you do thinking it won't. We've seen the game play. Get the **bleep** out of here with crap no one wants to hear.

sig.png

Message 40 of 85 (148 Views)
Reply
0 Likes