Jun 26 2013
By: JJM2552 First Son 30 posts

Meta Game Problems and possible Fixes

5 replies 113 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

I've been playing the game's multiplayer with my buddies for days now and it's near perfect (the story is, however, perfect and outstanding and the best of the year so far along with B: Infinite) but the couple flaws it does have can stand out sometimes..

Most notably, the "lost connection to host" problem that results in all of those happy, healthy survivors becoming grumpy, hungry, and sick.. It's a really lame way to lose all your hard work and really takes you out of the experience, imo. A game like this should have dedicated servers, not p2p... one host's bad connection shouldn't punish everyone playing. but since it doesn't have ded. servers, I think ND should fix this by simply not punishing quitters. Why should you be punished for leaving a game early anyway? What if you have to go unexpectedly? and besides, people could join and replace lost teammates, so the team that's one player down is only down temporarily.. basically, by choosing to not punish early quitters, players affected by network also won't get affected.

second, I think there should be mercenary modes of both supply raid and survivors. meaning modes where parties aren't allowed. that would be good for people playing MP by themselves

thirdly, maybe an option to turn the Clan system off would be kinda nice too, though I could understand why they wouldn't want this. the clan system was genius in all rights, it actually makes me care, unlike k/d ratio. but yeah, an Unranked option? you don't gain and XP/Supplies, just kinda play for fun I guess

Message 1 of 6 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Re: Meta Game Problems and possible Fixes

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

JJM2552 wrote:

I've been playing the game's multiplayer with my buddies for days now and it's near perfect (the story is, however, perfect and outstanding and the best of the year so far along with B: Infinite) but the couple flaws it does have can stand out sometimes..

Most notably, the "lost connection to host" problem that results in all of those happy, healthy survivors becoming grumpy, hungry, and sick.. It's a really lame way to lose all your hard work and really takes you out of the experience, imo. A game like this should have dedicated servers, not p2p... one host's bad connection shouldn't punish everyone playing. but since it doesn't have ded. servers, I think ND should fix this by simply not punishing quitters. Why should you be punished for leaving a game early anyway? What if you have to go unexpectedly? and besides, people could join and replace lost teammates, so the team that's one player down is only down temporarily.. basically, by choosing to not punish early quitters, players affected by network also won't get affected.

second, I think there should be mercenary modes of both supply raid and survivors. meaning modes where parties aren't allowed. that would be good for people playing MP by themselves

thirdly, maybe an option to turn the Clan system off would be kinda nice too, though I could understand why they wouldn't want this. the clan system was genius in all rights, it actually makes me care, unlike k/d ratio. but yeah, an Unranked option? you don't gain and XP/Supplies, just kinda play for fun I guess

1. They are working on the host migration. It will be fixed in the next update.

2. They announced Mercenary Modes for both Supply Raid and Survivors. It's coming in the next patch. 

3. Unranked really isn't necessary. Make a private match.

Message 2 of 6 (107 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jun 26, 2013

thank you, I guess that fixes it completely. Storymode AND Multiplayer are perfect now (or soon, I guess).

Maybe, just suggesting it as an option. more options= better. There are four of us and we did try 2 v 2's and they are pretty fun. 

Message 3 of 6 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I hope for some new maps, then I will be completely happy. Merc Mode is coming soon though, so be happy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I am lol Smiley Happy

What's your favorite map? Mine is either The Dam or Lakeside. 

Yeah I'm excited for the DLC too. Have the season pass purchased. My hopes/wishlist for the first MP content pack:

Maps- Hospital, Sewers/Beach, Suburbs

and a 4player surviving coop mode with Infected and/or Hunters (similar to UC 2/3's and Black Ops Zombies)

Message 5 of 6 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Jun 26, 2013

JJM2552 wrote:

I am lol Smiley Happy

What's your favorite map? Mine is either The Dam or Lakeside. 

Yeah I'm excited for the DLC too. Have the season pass purchased. My hopes/wishlist for the first MP content pack:

Maps- Hospital, Sewers/Beach, Suburbs

and a 4player surviving coop mode with Infected and/or Hunters (similar to UC 2/3's and Black Ops Zombies)

The Dam is probably my favorite. I would like to see The Hospital, Suburbs, and The Capital Building(with flooded areas).

Message 6 of 6 (74 Views)
0 Likes