Highlighted
Jun 25 2013
By: Eyeball_27 First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

Missed artefacts

6 replies 281 views Edited Jun 25, 2013
Hi everyone, I've missed an artifact in the Pittsburgh bookstore and have only just realised it upon reaching the hotel lobby. I've seen on the main menu that you can replay a section but I want to know whether it will affect my current game save if I do and also whether it will count towards having found them all at the end of the game? Is this possible or am I better to wait till I complete to replay the chapter, and hope that once I get the missing one that the trophy unlocks? Looking forward to your replys.
Message 1 of 7 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: Missed artefacts

Jun 25, 2013
Quickl update, I went to chapters and loaded Pittsburgh where it asked me to either overwrite my save game or create a new one, after creating a new save the level started and I literally ran through everything to the missed item, collected it and then continued running past enemy's until I was clear and the auto save kicked in, I then exited that save and went into my main game to see if it had registered as found, and the answer is NO! I'm on the belief now that if you miss a collectible on your first play through then that's that unless you play the whole game again. The only items I had on the new save we're those I'd had when I reached that point. This is very stupid as how is a person meant to collect everything, not many want to play it all over again for one missed item. It seems very unfair to me. I may be wrong though but this is my findings thus far. I've now deleted the second game save file as it made no difference whatsoever. Very frustrated
Message 2 of 7 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Actually, it DID make a difference if you got the missing artefact. If you check in the man menu under bonuses/collectables, you'll see the missing one has been added to the list now. I can't confirm, but for the sake of Achievements/Tags, it seems like you can go in under Chapters to collect comics, artefacts, etc. that you are missing. I missed a shiv door and three comics, loaded up the chapters they were on and found them, and promptly got the correct Tags unlocked. I'm not sure if missing Training Manuals will work with New Game Plus that way, but they will work Tag purposes,because I just did it.
Message 3 of 7 (253 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Hmmm ill have to check, do you think it will still be there as I deleted the save file from the chapter re run? It's a shame it doesn't sync with other saves, that would be way more convenient. Thanks for the reply
Message 4 of 7 (247 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 25, 2013

I think it will be. It seems to me that "collectables" are remembered by the whole game, not individual saves. Loading your old save won't give you that artefact, but for the purposes of getting the Tag for finding them all, that shouldn't matter if it's on the main menu list.

As I said, I can't confirm as I've still got artefacts to find myself, but I DID complete my comic, shiv door and training manual Tags/Achievements that way (playing just part of a chapter).

Message 5 of 7 (240 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Cool, I'll update soon to see if its still unlocked even without the save
Message 6 of 7 (221 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jun 25, 2013
Banjo_aus you are tops, I went on to the bonuses section and the artefact I missed but went back for is stated there even tho the save game I retrieved it on has been deleted, so I'm happy, it just doesn't make sense why this can appear in collected list but not sync through to my main save as its all related, oh well unless they see this as a small flaw and want to create a minor fix I suppose it will have to do ay? Lol. Thanks for your help
Message 7 of 7 (200 Views)
0 Likes