Jun 26 2013
By: semper_fi_1999 Uncharted Territory 1407 posts

Mode for MP

[ Edited ]
6 replies 149 views Edited Jun 26, 2013

I would like to see a horde mode for MP.......It make the options on the MP go beyond the PVP experience.  See how long you can hold out with supplies being dropped at the end of each "lvl"......This would also mean that the players would need to have different builds to better compliment eachother...healer/crafter/etc. 

Edit: incase you dont know this would be 4 players vs hordes of infected.  If you die your dead for the rest of the game until all your teammates die and you get parts for each level you survive to (not picked up from enemies).

Message 1 of 7 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
428 posts

Re: Mode for MP

Jun 26, 2013

Facepalm_jesusfacepalmfacepalm.jpg

TLOU Infected Signature photo infectedsignature2_zps03d0c45d.png
Message 2 of 7 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 26, 2013

semper_fi_1999 wrote:

I would like to see a horde mode for MP.......It make the options on the MP go beyond the PVP experience.  See how long you can hold out with supplies being dropped at the end of each "lvl"......This would also mean that the players would need to have different builds to better compliment eachother...healer/crafter/etc. 

Edit: incase you dont know this would be 4 players vs hordes of infected.  If you die your dead for the rest of the game until all your teammates die and you get parts for each level you survive to (not picked up from enemies).

I like it! Forces each player to have a different setup. I can just see this happen on "Bill's Town".... Although, I feel like the sniper would be too much of help. I mean, sit in the back and just blow off Clicker's heads... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 3 of 7 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

Yea but numbers would increase each "lvl". Also you would eventually have to face bloaters as well. The idea is that it eventually gets to a point where its just too much and you always end up dying....its just how long can you last. Bloaters would be an insta kill if they catch you. Clickers you can shiv out or a teammate can kill them before they bite you (no more than a 4-5 second time from being grabbed by a clicker for your team to respond and kill it).

Right now the MP mode is basically team death match and team death match with no respawn.....both decent modes in themselves but adding two more modes that are identical to these would just be stupid.

I was also thinking about a "capture the flag" mode. Make the flag a supply cart like what one of the carts you move around in SP. No warning that someone has captured the cart but make the cart somewhat noisy. When you pushing it you cant attack so you have to stop pushing it to try to defend yourself. Each team has 3 supply carts and then you can either make it the first team to capture 3 supply carts....or the first team to obtain all 6 supply carts wins (time limit would be enforced with the team who own the most supply carts in their "base" would win if the timer ends).

Message 4 of 7 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 26, 2013

semper_fi_1999 wrote:
Yea but numbers would increase each "lvl". Also you would eventually have to face bloaters as well. The idea is that it eventually gets to a point where its just too much and you always end up dying....its just how long can you last. Bloaters would be an insta kill if they catch you. Clickers you can shiv out or a teammate can kill them before they bite you (no more than a 4-5 second time from being grabbed by a clicker for your team to respond and kill it).

Right now the MP mode is basically team death match and team death match with no respawn.....both decent modes in themselves but adding two more modes that are identical to these would just be stupid.

I was also thinking about a "capture the flag" mode. Make the flag a supply cart like what one of the carts you move around in SP. No warning that someone has captured the cart but make the cart somewhat noisy. When you pushing it you cant attack so you have to stop pushing it to try to defend yourself. Each team has 3 supply carts and the you can either make it the first team to capture 3 supply carts....or the first team to obtain all 6 supply carts wins (time limit would be enforced with the team who own the most supply carts in their "base" would win if the timer ends).

Hm.. I like the Capture the Flag idea. I always hate in games how it LETS THEM KNOW. It's not fun when you know it's been taken.. Also, I was thinking about a domination mode but I'm not sure how that could work "realistically". As in, not huge circles of light that change from either blue or yellow depending on your faction.. Any ideas?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

- John F. Kennedy
Message 5 of 7 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1407 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Cimbom19855 wrote:

Facepalm_jesusfacepalmfacepalm.jpg

Apparently someone wants more deathmatch?  Because 2 deathmatch modes cant possibly be enough. 

Message 6 of 7 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
97 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 26, 2013

I love the idea because fighting the infected, especially that Bloater shooting his spores at you was awesome. To fight runners, Clickers, Bloaters and even hunters would be excellent. ND has the talent to come up with something good and unique for Co-op. OP is right we have enough TDM modes lets have a co-op one now. Options are good!

Message 7 of 7 (111 Views)
0 Likes