Highlighted
Jan 18 2013
By: EDSTA713 I Only Post Everything 869 posts

More New Info! (Possible Spoilers)

[ Edited ]
12 replies 1344 views Edited Jan 19, 2013

A member from the Neogaf forums stated this in a thread. This is the same person who also had previous new info not too long ago. Take this information as you want. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=46535190

8888887ujx5.png

"I got this new Gaming Magazine called "Games Aktuell" from Germany. It's the newest issue (02/13) and they published a new TLOU mini-Preview in it: 

In respect to friendly request, I'm going to spoiler story related stuff.
Here's what I found in this issue.

- something about the character Tess: 

She loves Joel secretly but questions whether Joel feels the same for her.

- You can hear Tess saying "She's only cargo, Joel" in the story trailer. That sentence was considered to Ellie. Tess is jealous on Ellie. Quarrel about these two characters is preprogrammed.

- horses serve as a mean of transportation. So it's not just a scenario thing like in Uncharted.

- something about the character Ellie:

Ellie has to practice on guns she found in the proccess of the campaign before she can use them.

- the opponents are also detecting sounds that do not come from us. So if you for example shut off the radio in a deserted fast food, you could alert enemies nearby the dinner.

RUMORS:

- US-Marines are also enemies you have to fight with. But unlike the plunders, they are not scared if you have a gun and they are going to confront and flank you. If that happens, there's no chance you're going to win. /No shooter

- Joels past is going to roll up through monologues and dialogues with Ellie as the game progresses.

- US military is searching for Ellie, that's why Joel flees with her to Pittsburgh.

- you can break downed opponents jaws off with kicks on their heads.

- you can see teeths floating on heavy combat.

- one of among other inspirations for TLOU is "Y: The Last Man"

- you can use a board as a protective shield.

There's also a new preview from German Gamepro but if you have been keeping up with TLOU then it's not really considered new info. 

http://www.gamepro.de/playstation/spiele/ps3/the-last-of-us/artikel/the_last_of_us,47555,2566546,2.h...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 13 (1,344 Views)
Last Guardian
11242 posts

Re: More New Info! (Possible Spoilers)

Jan 19, 2013

Tess? Hmmm... that is Daxter's girlfriend in the Jak games. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 13 (1,338 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
9794 posts

Jan 19, 2013
kool. Very kool.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 3 of 13 (1,317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3544 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Lol, I thought it said you could use a beard as a protective device

Do you feel me?

Message 4 of 13 (1,310 Views)
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I still wonder what is so special about Ellie that the Military would be chasing them down? Lots of possibilities. I can't wait until the comics come out.

Message 5 of 13 (1,251 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4328 posts

Jan 20, 2013

dh0rmazine wrote:

Interesting, thanks for sharing. I still wonder what is so special about Ellie that the Military would be chasing them down? Lots of possibilities. I can't wait until the comics come out.

Well it's obviously speculation but Ellie could be/have the "cure". That would seem like the most obvious and logical choice given the story and setting. That'd be a pretty easy route to go though so I hope if the military is chasing Ellie that it's not because of that. I certainly hope it doesn't turn out to be because she has "super powers" or something Smiley Indifferent I can't see that happening though.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 13 (1,129 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Jan 20, 2013

EDSTA713 wrote:

- You can hear Tess saying "She's only cargo, Joel" in the story trailer. That sentence was considered to Ellie. Tess is jealous on Ellie. Quarrel about these two characters is preprogrammed.

I did not know she said that. I thought she said "It's just cargo, Joel."

Anyways, this is making the game look so good. Can't wait for it!

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 7 of 13 (1,091 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jan 20, 2013

fadi002 wrote:

EDSTA713 wrote:

I did not know she said that. I thought she said "It's just cargo, Joel."

Anyways, this is making the game look so good. Can't wait for it!

I'm pretty sure it's "She's just cargo, Joel"

Message 8 of 13 (1,065 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jan 21, 2013

Hehe, yeah I'm pretty sure Tess isn't jelous of a 14 year old. In fact it sounds like she's the one trying to convince Joel to smuggle her out of the Zone.

Message 9 of 13 (1,043 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
869 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

Hehe, yeah I'm pretty sure Tess isn't jelous of a 14 year old. In fact it sounds like she's the one trying to convince Joel to smuggle her out of the Zone.

Maybe not like a love affair jealous but jealous to the point where Joel doesn't want to do anything else but protect Ellie and get her smuggled out of the city. That would make Tess jealous since maybe Tess wants hancky pancky in the fufu.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 10 of 13 (1,019 Views)
0 Likes