Jun 06 2013
By: tripleWRECK PlayStation MVP 3211 posts

Multiplayer ANALYSIS (new info!)

21 replies 990 views Edited Jun 6, 2013

Hey everyone!

Launch day is right around the corner and with all the glowing reviews coming in I think it's safe to say that The Last of Us will be fully worth your $60 for the singleplayer alone. But at long last Naughty Dog has unveiled their secretive multiplayer for TLOU which they've dubbed "Factions".

Some are disappointed, others (including myself) are intrigued. Based on what I've read and seen so far I'm actually pretty excited to play Factions and perhaps after this video you'll feel similarly.

I've rounded up the majority of the info released so far (including new details!) and this brief analysis should give you the low-down on all you need to know in preparation for June 14th.

Feel free to share what you think of the multiplayer below. Do you think you'll put some serious time into it? I can definitely see the MP becoming a sleeper hit with gamers by carving out a niche not many other titles attempt.

Also I'm hoping for some kind of co-op or infected vs suvivors mode via DLC!

- tW

Click HERE for the full-sized version!

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (990 Views)
Sackboy
349 posts

Re: Multiplayer ANALYSIS (new info!)

Jun 6, 2013

Do you know if TLoU will make its way onto FN?

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (974 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1533 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013
Great video. That is all the Info in a great spot and you can watch brutal kills while listening:smileyhappy:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (916 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
585 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Hey mate, first off very nice video. I was honestly quite skeptical based on their lack of communication and Uncharted 3's mess of a multiplayer, the mentioning of boosters made me twitch a little too. But seeing some gameplay it looks promising. Only two game modes sounds a little lazy, but at least they're unique. Very disappointed in the lack of co-op and I'll most certainly not be paying for it if they try to pull off expensive expansion packs. With the non-existence of co-op the only thing that can soften the blow would be the ability to host private matches with extensive tweaks for the mechanics. one-on-one re-enactments of the showdown in NCFOM? They'd better have private matches.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (915 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3211 posts

Jun 6, 2013

harrisj16 wrote:

Do you know if TLoU will make its way onto FN?

Assuming there are private games with basic customizable rules, yes.

Lt_K4RL0S wrote:
Hey mate, first off very nice video. I was honestly quite skeptical based on their lack of communication and Uncharted 3's mess of a multiplayer, the mentioning of boosters made me twitch a little too. But seeing some gameplay it looks promising. Only two game modes sounds a little lazy, but at least they're unique. Very disappointed in the lack of co-op and I'll most certainly not be paying for it if they try to pull off expensive expansion packs. With the non-existence of co-op the only thing that can soften the blow would be the ability to host private matches with extensive tweaks for the mechanics. one-on-one re-enactments of the showdown in NCFOM? They'd better have private matches.

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Yeah the two modes shouldn't be too big of an issue, the core gameplay appears to be quite deep for a multiplayer game and I can see myself putting a lot of hours into it with my buddies. I am a bit surprised that there is no infected vs humans mode or any kind of co-op. Quality over quantity of course but I am hoping the DLC is significant to help expand the online offerings.

LIVESTREAMING The Last of Us and Uncharted 3!

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (896 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Hey tripleWRECK, nice to see you're venturing over to TLoU. Good video :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (857 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
374 posts

Jun 6, 2013

I subbed to your channel!!!!:smileysurprised:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (840 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
344 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Nice video , i like any video that dosnt start with WUD U UTUBE ITS *SQUEALY SOUND" "Name here"

sub sig

sig url -

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (828 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
769 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Good video, man.

sig.png

Please use plain text.