will you be raging at this game, too?

TOO METAL

2metal4me
Message 11 of 22 (364 Views)
Survivor
2204 posts

Re: Multiplayer ANALYSIS (new info!)

Jun 6, 2013
No new info here, but I suppose this is a good way for a noobie to catch up on all things TLOU MP.

1 thing I did notice though-the listen mode gauge goes down very quickly, which is excellent. Really hope it take a long time to recharge as well.

Good eye on the helmet and body armor. I'm sure many folks missed that.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 12 of 22 (351 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Jun 6, 2013

Hmmmm.... alot of aspects of Gears of War seem to be present...this is a good thing. I've alwas loved gears multiplayer but have always wondered what it would be like with less health and nor regen. looks like i will find out

Message 13 of 22 (342 Views)
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jun 6, 2013

The more I see of the Multi the less interested I become in playing it. There are several similarity's to other games "Abusive" dynamic. No Melee Counter Move, Incapacitated while Crafting, No Defensive action when wounded. It is starting to look like the Multi was configured for the CoD and Counterstrike community and that's great if you enjoy those types of Multi.

I hope there are Add On's that gives us more game types if not like many I wont be playing the Multi.

Ryde...

Message 14 of 22 (317 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 6, 2013

I really don't see how this resembles CoD in the least and CS only in some very limited ways. Like I said it bears some similarities to Gears and tactical shooters but it mostly appears to have its own look and feel.

I too was worried about the Situational-Awareness listen ability but upon first glance it doesn't look like it'll be too OP. I'm guessing there will be some boosters and other methods to counter it as well.

TLOU tripleWRAGE? I'm sure I'll find ways to flip out a few times. :smileyvery-happy:

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 15 of 22 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
619 posts

Jun 6, 2013

tripleWRECK wrote:

I too was worried about the Situational-Awareness listen ability but upon first glance it doesn't look like it'll be too OP. I'm guessing there will be some boosters and other methods to counter it as well.

I'm concerned it's OP.

It's a basic move for the stealth class and can be done every now and then. 

The only way to nerf it is to expose the one using it let's say on the radar. Or have methods to not only evade it but counter it as well.

Message 16 of 22 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Jun 6, 2013

I will have to admit, I didn't expect The Last Of Us to have such a great looking Multiplayer but now I think ill have to be careful where I spend my cash. :smileyhappy:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 17 of 22 (222 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3236 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Lordidude wrote:

I'm concerned it's OP.

It's a basic move for the stealth class and can be done every now and then. 

The only way to nerf it is to expose the one using it let's say on the radar. Or have methods to not only evade it but counter it as well.

I've recently spoken to someone who's played the game and they assured me the melee is far from OP, so I for one am encouraged.

Edits, Commentaries, Community Videos, and LULZ!
Message 18 of 22 (168 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2843 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

I think the gameplay resembles SOCOM more than anything, especially since its tactical. 

Nerf
Buff
Patch
Adapt

photo tumblr_mf1ussHvgx1qfdlxyo1_1280.png
Message 19 of 22 (151 Views)
Lombax Warrior
102 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Great analysis! Very informative, its nice to finally have some multi info lol.

Message 20 of 22 (134 Views)