Dec 23 2013
By: Sweetbrandigirl Hekseville Citizen 265 posts

Multiplayer Bow Expert

12 replies 322 views Edited Dec 23, 2013

I found this to be very interesting and increditibely informative. I would love to try mutilplayer but having not done it I haven't a clue where or how to get started, but I could see myself as the lone wolf rambo bow killer type.

http://youtu.be/adq5iUpA3tU

Message 1 of 13 (322 Views)
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Re: Multiplayer Bow Expert

Dec 24, 2013

Haha, i love this guy's videos, and they are very informative as well, thanks for sharing.

But why are you holding off on the Multiplayer? you really should try it out
And hell yeah, you should join us bow users to teach all those SAR users how it's done Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 13 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

Dec 24, 2013
Well, I guess i've held off LcKiller617 simple because I don't known how to get started with multiplayer. I don't known what a SAR user is but they sound like awful people…LOL I known I live the stealth play like in splinter cell blacklist and I love the bow I used it almost exclusively in Tomb Raider 2013. And once I had it upgraded it was really bad **bleep** with as much range & power as a rife. I could kill a guy with a head shot with one shot and do it quietly which was key for stealth and for lining up the next kill.
Message 3 of 13 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Dec 24, 2013

Sweetbrandigirl wrote:
Well, I guess i've held off LcKiller617 simple because I don't known how to get started with multiplayer. I don't known what a SAR user is but they sound like awful people…LOL I known I live the stealth play like in splinter cell blacklist and I love the bow I used it almost exclusively in Tomb Raider 2013. And once I had it upgraded it was really bad **bleep** with as much range & power as a rife. I could kill a guy with a head shot with one shot and do it quietly which was key for stealth and for lining up the next kill.

Haha it's not that they are awful people (SAR users), i just that it's the gun that almost everybody uses, not that there's anything wrong with it Smiley Happy

I must admit that it is a bit hard to get started in the Mp at first, you'll die a lot probably, but when you finally start getting kills it is very rewarding and fun, specially if you play with some friends.

Message 4 of 13 (307 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2013

Bow is the most difficult of all primary weapons and has its flaws. (Difficult to aim, slow fire rate, terrible head-to-head) I used it very late when I was already experienced with the other weapons. The SAR (Semi Auto Rifle) is by far the easiest and most "noob-friendly" weapon next to the revolver. If you like to play stealthy though and flank a lot, the bow is fine. There are 4 pre-defined classes when you start multiplayer, one of them is "Stealth" and has the bow in it, so just try it Smiley Happy

But as JcKiller617 said: The beginning is really tough. I died lots and lots of times when I started MP. I would start off with a support class (Crafter, Healer) so you can make up for beeing bad and you still earn a lot of parts.

I would also recommend that you don't play alone. There is a buddies thread in the MP section of this Forum. And of course, ADD ME Smiley Happy But I am on a play-for-fun account atm, which is: marsipulami_82

Another tip: Don't start with the DLC maps yet, the guys playing there are much better than on the regular maps.

EDIT: I also started a thread about the bow a while ago, maybe the tips there will help you too: http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Bow-help/m-p/42311047/highlight/true#M585...

Art by Janice Chu
Message 5 of 13 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
265 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2013

Thanks Foofighter I found that threat very helpful, although there were parts of it I didn't understand haven't never played multiplayer. such as what does 16-14-2-3 mean ? I'd also like some more advice i guess on what the best way to venture into multiplayer is ? I learned on the tips video I posted that theres a solo player campaign maybe thats where I should start as I'm not use to playing with other people or being on a team. I'd hate to be the noob on a team and let them down.

Message 6 of 13 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 24, 2013

Yes, you can make a private match with just yourself. There you can fiddle with the weapons and get used to the maps. But different from the video, I would suggest you just play with others. Theres a lot you can't learn by just playing for yourself. If you have a nice team, it doesn't matter if you are the "noob".

EDIT: The numbers like 10-9-8-7 mean: Downs-Executions-Deaths-Revives

But those numbers differ by the mode you play. I would start with "Supply Raid". There you have more lives and therefore more chances to screw up :-)

Also only when playing with others, you will get more points and therefore more weapons/skills/loadout points

Art by Janice Chu
Message 7 of 13 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1210 posts

Dec 24, 2013

And if you don't own one: Get a microphone!

Art by Janice Chu
Message 8 of 13 (281 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Dec 25, 2013
Haha, that guy is funny... kinda...

I usually don't like videos of people showing "how to play with certain weapons" or "the best loadout", but this guy did it right, i think...
Message 9 of 13 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
282 posts

Dec 26, 2013

i prefer burst rifle myself

but

like i was telling someone online (in which they were talking about the bow not being good)

weapons and how well they do are based on

1.  how well you are able to put them to use in the game.

2.  what level of "Sharpshooter" you have in your loadout

3.  If you upgrade your weapon in game with parts vs using the parts for armor.

I have sharpshooter 3 on most of my loadouts and upgrade my weapon.  You kill people alot faster.  If i have any left over, i'll get armor.

Message 10 of 13 (200 Views)
0 Likes