Jan 01 2013
By: AKyemeni Naughty Paw 11456 posts

Multiplayer Ellie Skin Theory (Possible Spoilers? Maybe?)

[ Edited ]
32 replies 817 views Edited Jan 1, 2013

I was (again) looking through the preorder items you get at Gamestop and I figured something. You get bonus skins for Joel and Ellie, which struck me as weird. If she is a teenager, why would she be a playable character in the multiplayer? You couldn't play as teenage drake in multiplayer, assuming because you can't kill a minor in a video game. And you only get these bonus skins after completing the game. So... where am I gettng at? Toward the end of the game, you might get to play as an older Ellie in single player, which opens up the possibility that Joel dies at the end OR you get to play as an old Joel. But, from this evidence, I am almost convinced that we get to see an older Ellie. Thoughts? Am I overanalyzing the crap out of this?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 1 of 33 (817 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Re: Multiplayer Ellie Skin Theory (Possible Spoilers? Maybe?)

[ Edited ]
Jan 1, 2013

The skins could be for single player.

Or for co-op, in which the player using Ellie might not get killed.

Message 2 of 33 (799 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11456 posts

Jan 1, 2013
The thing is, the Survival pack is all for multiplayer.

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 3 of 33 (790 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jan 1, 2013

If you are implying Ellie will be playable in the competetive multiplayer, Im telling you right now it's not going to happen. Hell even co-op would be pushing it, the skins are for campaign. Notice how you have to beat the game first before you can use the skins? Just like Uncharted.

Message 4 of 33 (784 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11456 posts

Jan 1, 2013
I'm actually implying that we get to use an older version of Ellie. The reason we have to beat the game is perhaps not to tell us any spoilers

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 5 of 33 (770 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Jan 1, 2013
That sounds quite plausible, but I can foresee a problem- what if someone plays the MP before completing the campaign, and sees someone using the older Ellie skin? In order to avoid spoilers, I think ND would want to wait sometime after the release of the game before revealing such a skin.
 photo 492afe7a-5d47-473d-9476-3a8036a31d5b_zps4955703f.jpg
Message 6 of 33 (757 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Jan 1, 2013

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

If you are implying Ellie will be playable in the competetive multiplayer, Im telling you right now it's not going to happen. Hell even co-op would be pushing it, the skins are for campaign. Notice how you have to beat the game first before you can use the skins? Just like Uncharted.

I Uncharted 2 you had to beat the campaign on Crushing to unlock a certain skin in multiplayer (can't remember which one, was it Marco Polo?) so playing as Ellie in competitive multiplayer could theoretically happen.

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Message 7 of 33 (749 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jan 1, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
I'm actually implying that we get to use an older version of Ellie. The reason we have to beat the game is perhaps not to tell us any spoilers

Ah, I just sort of skimmed through your op, my fault. What your suggesting could be possible, I don't really think the game would skip that far ahead, but the again ND totally caught me by surprise with Young Nate so anything is possible.

Message 8 of 33 (746 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11456 posts

Jan 1, 2013

NazzyQ wrote:
That sounds quite plausible, but I can foresee a problem- what if someone plays the MP before completing the campaign, and sees someone using the older Ellie skin? In order to avoid spoilers, I think ND would want to wait sometime after the release of the game before revealing such a skin.

What about in Uncharted 3 where you can see young Marlowe and Young Sully? They could be just saying that you can only use this skin once you beat the game to prevent from just saying, "Old Joel" or "Adult Ellie", which would be spoilers

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 9 of 33 (734 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 2, 2013

...Its says that you unlock it after beating the single player game, as in you can use the skin in single player, after you beat the SP once...

Message 10 of 33 (683 Views)
0 Likes