Naughty Paw
11037 posts

Re: Multiplayer Ellie Skin Theory (Possible Spoilers? Maybe?)

Jan 4, 2013

trfdffrth wrote:
Well, I see the logic behind the statement of topic, but considering this will M (lets face it, it's not going to be T no matter Joe many people hope for it) I personally think that it could happen. An Resident Evil 4, although Ashley was not playable, she got absolutely gored by both enemies and me (accidentally).

In other words, Uncharted couldn't do it because it was T, but I think that brook being M may give Last of Us an opportunity to do so.

This is what I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I never played RE4, so was Ashley a teenager? But then again, this would be in a multiplayer environment so maybe in order to have her in the same playing level field she would have to be older, I guess?

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 21 of 33 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

trfdffrth wrote:
Well, I see the logic behind the statement of topic, but considering this will M (lets face it, it's not going to be T no matter Joe many people hope for it) I personally think that it could happen. An Resident Evil 4, although Ashley was not playable, she got absolutely gored by both enemies and me (accidentally).

In other words, Uncharted couldn't do it because it was T, but I think that brook being M may give Last of Us an opportunity to do so.

This is what I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I never played RE4, so was Ashley a teenager? But then again, this would be in a multiplayer environment so maybe in order to have her in the same playing level field she would have to be older, I guess?

Well to be fair, Ashley was in her 20s (I believe she was 22?) but she never got "gored" -- the most you see when she dies is Ashley falling to the ground, even if she got hit by a chainsaw, it wasn't gorey at all. Now Leon, that's another story. lol. My guess is that Joel can get brutally destroyed but Ellie will either just get captured or it won't show anything if you get her killed. But who knows, we'll just have to wait and see I guess.

It might SOUND morbid, but I do hope Ellie is playable "as is" and that she is able to kill and be killed in multiplayer, without "older Ellie" as has been speculated. As trfdffrth said it is going to be rated M.

Message 22 of 33 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11037 posts

Jan 4, 2013
I know that kids can die in video games, but it may be controversial if they show violence inflicted upon them. In Silent Hill 4: The Room, a kid dies at the end, but he just falls to the ground without there being any kind of physical contact or blood at all. For the sake of multiplayer at least, they wouldn't show a young person being shot with blood and/or gore. After all, the preorder bonuses at the Playstation website do call the multuplayer matches "brutal" so, in the end, we might see only an adult Ellie as a playable character in multiplayer

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 23 of 33 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2562 posts

Jan 4, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
I know that kids can die in video games, but it may be controversial if they show violence inflicted upon them. In Silent Hill 4: The Room, a kid dies at the end, but he just falls to the ground without there being any kind of physical contact or blood at all. For the sake of multiplayer at least, they wouldn't show a young person being shot with blood and/or gore. After all, the preorder bonuses at the Playstation website do call the multuplayer matches "brutal" so, in the end, we might see only an adult Ellie as a playable character in multiplayer

Yeah I see what you're saying. We're just going to have to wait and see. I can't wait ti find out, I'm getting tired of speculating lol

Message 24 of 33 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11037 posts

Jan 4, 2013
Speculating is the only way I can pass the time until the next piece of info lol

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 25 of 33 (243 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
785 posts

Jan 8, 2013
Lol, I've been saying this for a while, no one seemed to notice for a while. My opinion, is that it's likely for multiplayer. I don't think anyone cares what Ellie is wearing in the story I mean no one gets their hopes up for a game that let's me dress up surrounding NPC's except my sister or something. Reserved for an aspect of multiplayer yes, but I don't know how they would pull it off. It wouldn't be much fun playing as her in co-op if she can't be killed the same way Joel can. I've been trying to get this message across but everyone ignores my sorry @rse. *sad face and a half* I think adult Ellie is plausible but again lots of (no offence to 'em) morons play MP before Single Player so it'd be a major spoiler. Then again in U3's MP cutter was shown as a "Hero" rather than a villain. Spoiler yes but not major
Message 26 of 33 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11037 posts

Apr 9, 2013

bumped for CrazyEmotions

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 27 of 33 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 9, 2013
No Offence, but you guys are sounding like idiots.
There won't be a older ellie, and the skins, are unlocked after you beat singleplayer, and the skins are for singleplayer only... you can change from several outfits in the singleplayer, it might have something similiar too uncharted 2.
The only possibility that ellie could be playable is in CoOp, but ellie is too small for the fighting animations, so that's not going to happen.
Message 28 of 33 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5496 posts

Apr 9, 2013

Cookieter wrote:
No Offence, but you guys are sounding like idiots.
There won't be a older ellie, and the skins, are unlocked after you beat singleplayer, and the skins are for singleplayer only... you can change from several outfits in the singleplayer, it might have something similiar too uncharted 2.
The only possibility that ellie could be playable is in CoOp, but ellie is too small for the fighting animations, so that's not going to happen.

As AKYemeni elegantly pointed out several times, those Joel and Ellie skins are part of the Multiplayer pack.

Message 29 of 33 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Apr 9, 2013

I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

I'm pretty sure there will be an Adult Ellie skin, Infected Joel etc etc.  

There most likely will be an Ellie skin for MP, just a time-jump form.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 30 of 33 (109 Views)
0 Likes