Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 04 2013
By: FeldDog Splicer 65 posts
Accepted Solution

Multiplayer - Possible Camping Problem?

10 replies 410 views Edited Jun 4, 2013

It was confirmed that there is Listen Mode in the multiplayer. When you stand completely still then you won't show up on listening mode because you're not making any noise. This could make people camp alot and could make the multiplayer not as fun to play. I hope they will adress this somehow. Thoughts?

Message 1 of 11 (410 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Re: Multiplayer - Possible Camping Problem?

Jun 4, 2013

I'd guess there'd be a hardcore mode without listen mode or any boosters or other unbalances. Just pure skill.

Last Of Us GOTY
Message 2 of 11 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Jun 4, 2013

i think u has a problem not the game

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 11 (390 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Campers gonna camp, regardless of what game you're playing.

When I'm crouch-walking as a stealther, I'll be immune to those camping tactics anyway.

This is yet another factor that'll slow down the gameplay, and for that I am truly thankful. Amen.
Message 4 of 11 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Depends: People have no reason to camp if there is no leaderboard...

Message 5 of 11 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2858 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Here's the thing.  In Supply Raid the goal is to go out and collect supplies to improve the survivability of your clan.  So if someone camps and doesn't go out to get supplies they're just hurting themselves.  

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 6 of 11 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Jun 4, 2013
listen mode has a meter, it only lasts 2-3 seconds then has to recharge.
Message 7 of 11 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Jun 4, 2013

KingDustero wrote:

Here's the thing.  In Supply Raid the goal is to go out and collect supplies to improve the survivability of your clan.  So if someone camps and doesn't go out to get supplies they're just hurting themselves.  

And more importantly the team. It's like in U3 Team Objective where one person stays in the spawn instead of rushing the Turf at the good time to rush.

Message 8 of 11 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Jun 4, 2013

If you want this to be realistic. You will camp son.

But sooner or later you will be hungry. You will have to move. Or the other team will scavenge it all, and will come guns blazing Don't forget there are bombs, smoke bombs and other buildables.

Camping is standing in a dark corner. But Tactical positioning is way different. and it is how this game is supposed to be played. You position yourself tactically with your clan and you move slowly from one place to another to scavenge while your buddies cover you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 9 of 11 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Jun 4, 2013

AliTheSnake wrote:

If you want this to be realistic. You will camp son.

But sooner or later you will be hungry. You will have to move. Or the other team will scavenge it all, and will come guns blazing Don't forget there are bombs, smoke bombs and other buildables.

Camping is standing in a dark corner. But Tactical positioning is way different. and it is how this game is supposed to be played. You position yourself tactically with your clan and you move slowly from one place to another to scavenge while your buddies cover you.

tactical camping

"If your choice is to save me over everybody else in the world then...ok. I trust you now and let’s live life.." ~TheVulcanSalute
Message 10 of 11 (249 Views)