Highlighted
Mar 16 2013
By: Write97 First Son 1 posts

Multiplayer Question

8 replies 421 views Edited Mar 16, 2013

Is it safe to assume that the multiplayer for this game is going to be similar to that of uncharted?

Message 1 of 9 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
9789 posts

Re: Multiplayer Question

Mar 16, 2013
no

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 9 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Let's hope not.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 3 of 9 (259 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Almost everyone in this forum hope that the multiplayer takes a more Survival route than Uncharted 3's noob-friendly Arcade-style multiplayer.

However, it wouldn't be foolish to assume that Naughty Dog haven't learned their lesson.

Message 4 of 9 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
391 posts

Mar 17, 2013

It would be a shame if multiplayer turned to be the same as the one found in the Uncharted series. Don't get me wrong, I love the UC multiplayer, but I don't think a classic "Team Deathmatch" would fit into this game.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
Message 5 of 9 (215 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
19219 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Uncharted is a fantastic game, but for a game like TLOU, I would assume that the focus would be different. They aren't nearly the same game and the theme of this game would definitely fit with someone more survival/Co-op based.
Message 6 of 9 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 21, 2013

I was wondering the same. I was trying to work out how a TDM would fit in really. A Co-op/Survival will defo fit in, and maybe it will be the "opposite" of what Uncharted is, and have a minor TDM style mode(s) and focus mainly on Co-op.

If this is the case and they have a great Co-op lined up for the MP then I'd defo be playing it non stop and I can think of quite a few people and personal friends who are not overly fond of Uncharted that would defo be joining me as they are fans of Zombie type games.

Message 7 of 9 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
322 posts

Mar 21, 2013

I certainly hope the multiplayer won't be like uncharted, I'd be very disappointed if it was. Just don't think it fits in well with the game. I'm kind of tired of the same old go here shoot this person and then that person style so I'm hoping for something new and fresh.

Message 8 of 9 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
254 posts

Mar 22, 2013

It's basically every man for himself in any sort of dark level- abandoned train station, corporate building, apartments etc.- and you're only equipped with a non-rechargable flashlight, unusable after the battery dies must scavenge for batteries. The only things you can use in the level are bottles, bricks, and other items throwable to create noise around other survivers by hitting them or throwing it in there area. The level consists of a few AI clickers and first level infected with partial sight. The goal is to get the other people killed and be the last survivor by creating noise around other players or throwing objects at them. Flash light beam may be detected by the first level infected, please use this to create an awsome multiplayer game mode if you guys thought of this already then great because great minds think alike.......................ps other psn members please feel free to add some suggestions.

by one of your biggest fans KINGRAY89 the original uncharted 3 assasin and neck snap king OVER 9000 no joke in only 2 or 3 months i think lol

Message 9 of 9 (104 Views)
0 Likes