Fender Bender
2856 posts

Re: Multiplayer gameplay VIDEO

Jun 3, 2013

wow that looks ugly, seriously, what happened to the graphics from the single player?

and it just looks like another shooter to me, more slow-paced for sure, but I expected something more original, for instance make guns very powerfull, but throw a bunch of clickers and runners around the maps so that if you decide to shoot someone, you have a hoard of infected running after you if you're not careful, stealth should be the main focus, but of course this game should also be sold to 12 year old kids who are not interested in a game if they don't shoot someone's head of every 10 seconds, also the map design is horribly boring...

I just want this game to have cooperative multiplayer, but considering there are only 2 multiplayer modes and trophies for those modes, but they both are competitive multiplayer, and there is not trophy for a cooperative mode, so I'm afraid it won't be in there, this game would be perfect for cooperative multiplayer, Naughty Dog, you better make coop DLC (but we all know how much you dislike coop after UC3)

Message 191 of 310 (231 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Jun 3, 2013

studio35 wrote:
@ Aureilia - Well, it does look like people are still bullet sponges in this mulitplayer.

Melee kills quicker than guns too... which makes no sense

But it still looks like it takes more skill

You must be new to ND mutliplayer games.  Melee always kills quicker in ND's games.  Look at UC....2 punches vs 7 or so bullets. LOL

Message 192 of 310 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
344 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 3, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

wow that looks ugly, seriously, what happened to the graphics from the single player?

and it just looks like another shooter to me, more slow-paced for sure, but I expected something more original, for instance make guns very powerfull, but throw a bunch of clickers and runners around the maps so that if you decide to shoot someone, you have a hoard of infected running after you if you're not careful, stealth should be the main focus, but of course this game should also be sold to 12 year old kids who are not interested in a game if they don't shoot someone's head of every 10 seconds, also the map design is horribly boring...

I just want this game to have cooperative multiplayer, but considering there are only 2 multiplayer modes and trophies for those modes, but they both are competitive multiplayer, and there is not trophy for a cooperative mode, so I'm afraid it won't be in there, this game would be perfect for cooperative multiplayer, Naughty Dog, you better make coop DLC (but we all know how much you dislike coop after UC3)

you expected sp graphics on a 8 player network game? , thats like being in 1999 and expecting to use your house phone and dial up at the same time

sub sig

sig url -

Message 193 of 310 (205 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13730 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Linconan wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I for one am actually glad it's nothing like RDR.

That game was the 3rd worst MP experience I have come across, Behind GTA and Max Payne.

Ironic they are all Rockstar titles.

Think it over, massive open world. 8 players? really?

So you're saying to me that a games concept like The Last of Us, you'd want like/similar to Uncharted run around punching shooting blah blah..more so than Red Dead Redemption open world, Themed.

Makes sence. LOL

I'll still check it out for abit of "fun" (not the focus it should be *rolls eyes*) but it looks like SP for me.

You don't run around shooting, You crawl around shooting.

Red Dead Redemption isn't even open. Load up a match, a proper match, not that BS free roam crap.

You have the confines of a map.

If you were saying that it should be free roam, then fine, some people may want that. I've played mag, I've played RDR, I've played GTA.. Mag didn't have free roam, but it sure had big maps with loads of players, guess what? Couldn't find anyone, boring as hell to play. Even though there were loads of players playing, I spent eternity wandering, alone.

Free Roam isn't competitive. But Free Roaming stealth?

Am I expected to camp in a corner or slowly walk a map that is over 19000 miles long?

You really aren't thinking the concept of the game through.

Message 194 of 310 (197 Views)
Sackboy
520 posts

Jun 3, 2013

harrisj16 wrote:

Solid_Altair wrote:

Did anyone see any gauge that displays the time of Listen Mode usage? I couldn't find any. The guy uses Listen Mode around 1:28.

Yes, the gauge for Listen mode is the gauge next to the health bar.  It looks yellowish and its broken into segments.  You can see it drain when the guy uses listen mode around 1:25,

Oooooohhh... Thanks. I thought that was the armor. Duh... And I was thinking melee ignores armor, because the Listen Mode gauge didn't deplete when he got punched. lol

Mockers- wrote:

@Solid_Altair No that footage was of elemination. Supply Raid is not the same at all!. read my thread their almost not identical. Suppesndly their is 12 weeks in this mode and you have AI clan members you must take care of. This Supply Raid mode seems to be a big deal.

The articles seem to be suggesting that these clan members are just a skin for you XP progression. They are not AI partners that take part on the matches.

Message 195 of 310 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Jun 3, 2013

SuBLiMeShoTz wrote:

you expected sp graphics on a 8 player network game? , thats like being in 1999 and expecting to use your house phone and dial up at the same time

you obviously haven't played Uncharted 2, a beautiful game in which the single player did look like the multiplayer...

Message 196 of 310 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Jun 3, 2013

SuBLiMeShoTz wrote:

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

SuBLiMeShoTz wrote:

II-SlimJim-II wrote:

What do you guys think of the health? Been a long time -if ever- that I've played a mp game with non-regenerative health. Seems pretty exciting to be honest, especially considering how powerfull the molotov cocktail is and the fact it requires the same ingredients as a med-kit.

Getting 5-10 kill streasks is going to be a lot harder now. No more one man armies.

asfsaf

The VAST majority of games out there have regenerative health...not sure if serious...:smileyfrustrated:

"if-ever"

"If" 

lol, I was just emphasizing how long it's been for me, and probably a lot of other people on this board. Not everyone here grew up with those types of games. Sure, I've played Quake...as a child, a very long time ago, and no where near as competitively as modern shooters.

Been a long time -if ever- that I've played a mp game competitively with non-regenerative health.

Better?

Message 197 of 310 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
344 posts

Jun 3, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

SuBLiMeShoTz wrote:

you obviously haven't played Uncharted 2, a beautiful game in which the single player did look like the multiplayer...

we must of played a diffrent u2

sub sig

sig url -

Message 198 of 310 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Jun 3, 2013

This is it? This is what the uncharted 3 community has been suffering for :smileysad: ?  Lousy gameplay movement and fully SA imployed into the game?

There better be infected multiplayer or  I am not going to buy this game and sure you can say, this game isn't about the multiplayer, but it will still shorten and that is also not worth a full retail price if it doesn't have replay value.

You might find I am kinda overreacting, but if you throw in a multiplayer then atleast let humans play against infected. This stuff we have seen already it is time for something new (this idea is also old, but kinda new on playstation).

I know it probably will be better, but this first impression really is a bad impressions. If you really are getting '' psyched '' by this your nothing more then a fanboy.

Peace out.

Message 199 of 310 (156 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13730 posts

Jun 3, 2013

The graphics honestly aren't that bad...

Those smooth tiles are the greatest thing my eyes have ever seen.

I wonder how long it took to make those smooth tiles.

I really like the tile texture, it looks smooth.

Message 200 of 310 (149 Views)