Uncharted Territory
1363 posts

Re: Multiplayer gameplay VIDEO

Jun 4, 2013

Multiplayer matters to me when the game is costing me $60 and it's a narrow-driven game that can be beat in 12 or less hours. It's a different story if it's something like an RPG where it lasts me 50+ hours. I will love the SP but I hope MP is amazing.

Message 281 of 310 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
44 posts

Jun 4, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

Multiplayer matters to me when the game is costing me $60 and it's a narrow-driven game that can be beat in 12 or less hours. It's a different story if it's something like an RPG where it lasts me 50+ hours. I will love the SP but I hope MP is amazing.

You are right HoodlumX !

I way prefer 12-18 hours rich single player than 50+ skirim repetitive and boring quest !!

Message 282 of 310 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 4, 2013

HoodlumX wrote:

The game is roughly 16-18 hours. It's the longest game ND has made to date. Also, the SP has new game+, and you are able to carry everything over to your new game; weapons, supplies, upgrades, etc. This allows for A LOT of SP replayability. 

The multiplayer is an added bonus, hence why they never focussed attention to it marketing wise. There is no need for it to be absolutely amazing. What it needs to do is work, be fun, and carry the same atmosphere as the singleplayer. Just by seeing that brief gameplay video, it looks like it will do just that.

Uncharted Drake's Fortune didn't even have a multiplayer, could be beat in less than 6 hours, and has no new game+. People paid $60 for that, and even when you think about it, $40 is still probably over pricing that.

This game has plenty of value. You just have to learn to actually value it.  

Message 283 of 310 (279 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1011 posts

Jun 4, 2013
Well, I don't think come June 14th Bioshock: Infinite will be my Game of the Year. This video has already confirmed what I was hoping. An absolute blast of a game.
Message 284 of 310 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

Jun 4, 2013

EyeCue86 wrote:

sportz-18 wrote:

eyecue what is a sexsit insult?

You used women as an insult, implying women are inferior to men. That's a sexist insult, but you already knew that from a few days ago.

Actually no, I was implying that women like to argue about pointless things.  In no way was I implying women are inferior to men nor to I think that.  If correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure you are the one who started the sexist stuff a few days ago ;]

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 285 of 310 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 4, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

anyone got an over/under on what will be the first thing people complain about in TLOU? 

SA shenanigans.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 286 of 310 (204 Views)
Naughty Paw
20407 posts

Jun 4, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:

anyone got an over/under on what will be the first thing people complain about in TLOU? 

The melee. Either that or the Listen Mode and invincibility frames when falling onto the ground in "Last Stand" mode.

Message 287 of 310 (193 Views)
Fender Bender
2633 posts

Jun 4, 2013

UC2 mp shipped near perfect, then ND listened to an overly radical and small portion of the community so it became less than perfect.

UC3 mp shipped heavily flawed, and then ND listened to the community one too many times and the mp has just run around like Charlie Sheen on drugs in a hotel room.

Maybe in TLoU we'll finally learn from our mistakes but I doubt it.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 288 of 310 (189 Views)
Sackboy
434 posts

Jun 4, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

sQuiiDx wrote:

The melee. Either that or the Listen Mode and invincibility frames when falling onto the ground in "Last Stand" mode.

Invincibility frames.  Now that is a game breaker xD

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 289 of 310 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
20407 posts

Jun 4, 2013

sportz-18 wrote:

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

sQuiiDx wrote:

Invincibility frames.  Now that is a game breaker xD

Well, it's only after you've taken enough hits to "die," so it's not like they can be abused. Plus, you can't attack when falling onto the ground or when you are on the ground, so it really shouldn't be a major problem. I mentioned the Invincibility Frames because people might waste ammo on an enemy that didn't require it.

Message 290 of 310 (165 Views)
0 Likes