Apr 29 2013
By: Mockers- Hekseville Citizen 264 posts

Multiplayer theories and modes *based on researched info* *pretty insightful*

[ Edited ]
20 replies 508 views Edited Jun 1, 2013

I have researched a lot on Last of Us multiplayer and obviously there is not much info at all. I have evaluated rumors and boost MP items and etc for my overall theories and modes that may be in The Last of us MP. Btw some of this is just wants by me but I think I have a good foundation from what I have heard from devolper interviews on MP subject and etc.

The Last Of Us in fact will take gameplay mechanics from SP into MP. Which is obvious but a lot of people think this is just UC MP but last of us maps and weapons. Let me explain further...

-Weapons will be scarce- Meaning you will have to go out and find weapons and bullets to kill you're enemies. I do in fact 100 percent believe this is a true MP mechanic and will be implemented.

-Crafting will be in MP- I also do in fact beleive the ability to craft items will be implemented aswell as moding weapons

-Stealth and sound will be important-  It seems due to weapon and ammo shortages stealth and sound will be very important and the litsen mode will be in MP for short ranges. Because due to shortage of ammo you need to use stealth to get the most out of you're combat considering if all you have is two bullets and missing is not an option and possibly needing the use of a melee attack to finish off the enemy.

-Zombie creatures could be in MP- I am not 100 percent sure on this at all this is more of my own theory bias here. It would be awesome though and I think as of right now it's a 50/50 chance.

So a break down of what to expect and not to expect is. A lot of strategy use and planning with others. Spamming and gun blazing and jumping around will be totally gone, this is not UC and your not very mobile besides basic human stuff. With the whole strategy thing it could be something like this. Setting traps or jumping people with teammates or baiting items on the ground so people will come and if zombies are implemented even possibly using zombies as a possible weapon.

-MODES- Here are a couple modes I wish and hope are implemented.

-Team Death match with zombies- Also team death match without zombies and also an objective mode with zombies

This mode will be like team deathmatch with scarce weapons, ammo and items with zombies lurking around. Zombies are tough though and you don't really want to encounter them for a couple reasons. First off they are hard to kill second off it alerts you're position to enemy players making a 2v1 zombie and enemy player a sure suicide encounter. Killing zombies will have some benefit though. The main goal is to kill the opposing enemy though within a time frame or score limit.

-Infection-

16+ players start out uninfected and one human player starts out infected. The goal for the human uninfected is to survive a certain time period or complete a certain goal. The goal for the infected players is to infect everyone of coarse. Two turn a human player into an infected can happen in two ways. First basic and common way is if the infected human player kills the uninfected human player which turns them into an infected when they respawn. The second way is when you got into a skirimish with an infected human player and maybe he scratched you up but infection is a 30 percent chance if you get hit by the infected player. When this happens the uninfected player will begin to turn and will be notified if he is turning, He can either use this to an advantage to get close to some uninfected players and kill them when he turns or try to find the antidote and he will automatically be turned back to normal with no infection sickness.

-Elmination-

Basically the same concept as the other game modes suggest in TDM but you only have one life and for a game like the Last Of Us kind of makes it realistic.

--------------

Closing comments: I think NaughtyDog is going to go over our expectations and possibly even mine. What does everyone think?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (508 Views)
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: Multiplayer theories and modes *based on researched info* *pretty insightful*

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

If I had the link to Fadi's pastebin...  

Good speculation nonetheless.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Re: Multiplayer theories and modes *based on researched info* *pretty insightful*

Apr 29, 2013

I  hope some of these modes are in the multiplayer also.:smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (487 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

Mockers- wrote:

I have researched alot on Last of Us multiplayer and obviously there is not much info at all. I have evaluated rumors and boost MP items and etc for my overall theories and modes that may be in The Last of us MP. Btw some of this is just wants by me but I think I have a good foundation from what I have heard from delovper interviews on MP subject and etc.

The Last Of Us in fact will take gameplay mechanics from SP into MP. Which is obvious but alot of people think this is just UC MP but last of us maps and weapons. Let me explain further...

-Weapons will be scarse- Meaning you will have to go out and find weapons and bullets to kill you're enemies. I do in fact 100 percent beleive this is a true MP mechanic and will be implemented.

-Crafting will be in MP- I also do infact the ability to craft items will be implemented aswell as moding weapons

-Stealth and sound will be important-  It seems due to weapon and ammo shortages stealth and sound will be very important and the litsen mode will be in MP for short ranges. Because due to shortage of ammo you need to use stealth to get the most out of you're combat considering if all you have is two bullets and missing is not an opition and possibly needing the use of a melee attack to finish off the enemy.

-Zombie creatures could be in MP- I am not 100 percent sure on this at all this is more of my own theory bias here. It would be awesome though and I think as of right now it's a 50/50 chance.

So a break down of what to expect and not to expect is. Alot of stragedy use and planning with others. Spamming and gun blazing and jumping around will be totally gone, this is not UC and your not very mobile besides basic human being stuff. With the whole stragedy thing it could be something like this. Setting traps or jumping people or baiting items on the ground so people will come and if zombies are implemented even possibly using zombies as a possible weapon.

-MODES- Here are a couple modes I wish and hope are implemented.

-Team Death match with zombies- Also team death match without zombies and also an objective mode with zombies

This mode will be like team deathmatch with scarse weapons, ammo and items with zombies lurking around. Zombies are tough though and you don't really want to encounter them for a couple reasons. First off they are hard to kill second off it alerts you're position to enemy players making a 2v1 zombie and enemy player a sure suicide encounter. Killing zombies will have some benefit though. The main goal is to kill the opposing enemy though within a time frame or score limit.

-Infection-

16+ players start out uninfected and one human player starts out infected. The goal for the human uninfected is to survive a certin time period or complete a certin goal. The goal for the infected players is to infect everyone of coarse. The more players the human infected player kills it turns the killed ones to infected to.

--------------

Closing comments: I think NaughtyDog is going to go over our expectations and possibly even mine. What does everyone think?

Its like I just read a amazing dream. :smileyhappy: Well done, TC, well done.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (478 Views)
Lombax Warrior
86 posts

Apr 29, 2013

I think matches between two groups (maybe more than 2??) of human controlled players with NPC infected wandering around would be SO legit.

Also, it's "strategy." Kinda bugged me, but no biggy.:smileyhappy:

================

Excuse my horrible Photoshop with the "One"
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
264 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 29, 2013

sorry I typed this in three seconds I am about to edit it. Also yeah with infected walking around while battling the enemy human players would be an amazing experience and perhaps an experience no game has ever used. It's lie Human Vs Human Vs NPC but npc being more of a distraction or possible tactic.

also read my infection mode again I juiced it up a bit.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Apr 29, 2013
a game called Turok had multiplayer that was player vs player with NPCs monsters running around. it was fun.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (439 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7612 posts

Apr 29, 2013

Do not click this

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (413 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

Apr 29, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:

Do not click this

The thread itself is in my sig (I moved it to another webpage).

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (375 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7612 posts

Apr 29, 2013
^ok, didn't know that

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (365 Views)
0 Likes