Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Re: Multiplayer theories and modes *based on researched info* *pretty insightful*

Apr 30, 2013

So what are the chances the MP trailer will be released with this big 30th moment?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: Multiplayer theories and modes *based on researched info* *pretty insightful*

Apr 30, 2013

Researchers say 30%. Don't ask where I obtained this percentage.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (166 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 30, 2013

I like your idea of one player become infected and the rest stay normal...And I also wonder if the dlc they will have out would be free or you have to buy it,Since I got some exclusive stuff today at gamestop I wonder :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Nate3963 wrote:

Researchers say 30%. Don't ask where I obtained this percentage.

30%!? Hell, thats better then 5%! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (147 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Anyone still think these idea's could be a reality?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
174 posts

Jun 1, 2013

we need a elimination game mode dude

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
268 posts

Jun 1, 2013

For a game like this I don't disagree ill even add it to the description.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
405 posts

Jun 1, 2013

What I would desire from this game is a mode with no respawns, and no loadouts.  Loadouts imo are dumb, especially in a survival game.

photo tloumpreveal_zpse1518e02.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Normally I don't care about multiplayer, and in a story-based single-player game like TLOU, would normally conside it "slapped on" in the same way as it was for Spec Ops: The Line.

On the other hand, there are pretty much zero post apocalypse MP games, and I do find the idea interesting. If handled right, and done differently to the same old "PvP running around scoring frags with a capture the flag (can imagine players slinging poor Ellie over their shoulder and running her back to their base!) modes thrown in"... it might actually be something rather fun.

IMO, the "obvious" way to go would be humans vs infected, with a human vs human "1-on-1 deathmatch" mode too. Yawn.

What I'd like to see really is something more post-apocalpse themed, a fight over food supplies or something, rival bandits trying to out-loot their fellow survivors and/or either teaming up or choosing to kill each other (dynamically, rather than "teams"). Letting players communicate and form ad-hoc alliances where one might suddenly shoot the other in the back once they find a gun, or could work together to take down everyone else and share the supplies, would be an interesting form of PvP, I think.

Throw in some AI controlled infected optionally too, if needed, on some "maps", but keep the areas large and open so players can go awhile before stumbling across each other, and give incentives (no respawns?) to hide, back off or surrended items so that players are actually careful about engaging each other and either need to make allies or find decent weapons/ammo to defend themselves.

For added depth, add a kind of levelling that lets survivors of a "match" keep some/all their found gear, which they can modify as in SP (but perhaps lose if killed, as part of encouraging caution?), and even form "gangs" between friends.

Just idle thoughts, obviously, on the kind of MP I actually think would be different given the setting of TLOU.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

Jun 1, 2013

Add supply raid to the game modes, in the trophy list, one of the trophies says play one match of supply raid, so I'm assuming that's going to be a MP mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (52 Views)
0 Likes