Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 20 2013
By: Porkipine19Hatlo First Son 2 posts

My idea for a possible Stand alone Last of us DLC.

5 replies 311 views Edited Aug 20, 2013

ok, so I'm not 100% sure how many Topics there are about this, but i have been thoroughly thinking this DLC idea through and would absolutely love to see it come true.

the idea is of a Stand alone Free Roam DLC that doesn't require the actual game to play. it can be played singleplayer or co-op.

it would run on the same general Mechanics of The last of us, such as looting for supplies, searching for ammo and sneaking and hiding when a gang comes past you. it can have horses randomly thrown around and the player has to find the guns they want, instead of carrying them all on them, they can only carry 4 at a time, 2 long weapons and 2 handguns, the weapons will already be at there fully upgraded level and so will the character. before starting the player can customize what their player looks like and just be tossed into a large freeroam map. they would survive as long as they could and when they die they're dead.

It would be great if features such as hunger, thirst and energy where added as well to keep it at a generally difficult level and the longer they survive the less an item will begin to spawn in the same place (but still spawn so the game doesn't become impossible after a while) these restrictions will challenge the player to be less wasteful to truly survive, with enemies patrolling certain areas full of reward and possibly areas that hold a sniper like in the suburbs chapter or military vehicles patrolling certain streets like in the pittsburgh areas. there will be a both human enemies and infected of course, and a day and night cycle. also possibly a season changer, requiring the player to find warmer clothes for winter and cover from the ran to keep themselves healthy.

With multiplayer the player will get a seperate character put into the same world with the same hazards, just with the added danger of other players tht could try to kill them. but also survive with them, allowing you to create gangs.

i know this sounds a lot like DayZ, but it would be for someone who can't play DayZ because they don't have a strong enough computer, or who prefer the last of us feel.

i also know the idea would take time and money to complete, but the amount of money it would take to make it would be far exceeded from what they would get from people buying this DLC. also it wouldn't require a complete change of engine because Last of us does have a working multiplayer, all it would require is slight tweeking.

i would really love if someone from NaughtyDog saw this and Contemplated the Idea, i know it would be hard but i believe the amount of fans that would love it and the pay off would be worth it.

Message 1 of 6 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Re: My idea for a possible Stand alone Last of us DLC.

Aug 21, 2013
This sounds like it should be MP only.
SP should be all about the story, let's not change that.
Message 2 of 6 (244 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 21, 2013
No, it won't affect the story of last of us at all. it would be sort of like far cry 3's "blood dragon" in which it doesn't require an original copy and has nothing to do with Joel and Ellie's story in any way, shape or form.
Message 3 of 6 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Aug 22, 2013
Fine then.
Message 4 of 6 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
604 posts

Aug 23, 2013

I understand why you'd want such a gametype available in The Last of Us, but you do need to take into account that making something such as this is almost as much work as developing an entirely new game. This is more of an expansion pack if anything, and I strongly doubt Naughty Dog would get involved in that kind of thing.

You're right about the money they'd make, I feel the same way about having Destroy All Humans! 1 Remastered, but that's life for you mate :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 6 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1335 posts

Aug 24, 2013
The Last of Us HD for the PS4!
Message 6 of 6 (117 Views)
0 Likes