Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
May 16 2013
By: cvbxsta Hekseville Citizen 268 posts

My ideas for multiplayer - Scavengers (competetive) and Survivors (cooperative).

3 replies 113 views Edited May 16, 2013

The recent Twitter post about TLOU having the best multiplayer ever conceived got me thinking.

I enjoy MP that fleshes out the world, like in Assassins Creed or Bioshock 2 and that also sticks to the strengths of its mechanics and atmosphere. So here are my ideas:

Scavengers

Scavengers would be set during the earlier days of the outbreak. The two teams would be groups of hunters and the goal would be to gather more supplies than the other team. Not amount of kills, but amount of gathered supplies would lead to success. The mechanics of single player would still apply: there would be no regenerative health, players could start with guns but no bullets and would have to scavenge ammo from the map, supplies would be needed to craft medkits and other tools.

But the key element would be the AI-driven Infected that roam the map. They are truely neutral and attack anyone. Sound and gunshots will attract tthem so matches would be more tactical as any random shots could lead to death. Teams could use bait to lure the clickers to attack the other team. Stealth, subterfuge, and silent weapons like bows would be the key to staying alive the longest and gathering the most supplies.

Survivors
In Survivors, a team of two to four players are placed on a large open map. They have certain objectives to complete and then must escape. Maybe they have to gather supplies or parts then make it to a car or find the way to lower a bridge to cover a river and escape. But like in the campaign, gangs of hunters and clickers inhabit the map. These AI enemies would be randomly generated as would the conditions of the map: time of day, weather, etc. And as with single player, supplies and ammo would scare.

---

How likely is that TLOU MP will be similar to these concepts?

Message 1 of 4 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2055 posts

Re: My ideas for multiplayer - Scavengers (competetive) and Survivors (cooperative).

May 16, 2013

Pretty much the same concepts actually. I like your take on the scavenger mode though. 

From the pastebin, there are modes which are mainly based on gathering supplies or delivering a package/person to a desired area. (Collecting gas, car parts etc.)  

You have some good ideas. You should be happy with the MP as it seems to be following a more objective and team-oriented route, rather than shoot everyone in sight.  

If your wondering if I'm telling the truth, click Fadi's signature, pretty sure it still has the link embed in it.

Joel: That's alright. I believe him.
Message 2 of 4 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Re: My ideas for multiplayer - Scavengers (competetive) and Survivors (cooperative).

May 17, 2013

Naughty dog better see this, cause those ideas are truly genius. Nice one man.

Message 3 of 4 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

May 17, 2013
deja vu, man.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 4 of 4 (66 Views)
0 Likes