Jun 01 2013
By: Dubbmentedd Monster Hunter 37 posts

My only problem with the demo..

23 replies 597 views Edited Jun 1, 2013

Okay, so now that I've finally got to play the demo. Let me first get this out of the way. I cannot wait for the full game..
The combat with the runners and the clickers was exactly how I hoped for, intense, panicky and desperate.
Didn't get to see much of interation with the other AI's, but thats okay.
The scavegeing and crafting is awesome, I cannot wait to see more of that.

Now my only problem was there is too much Ammo ? I was under the impression you would be lucky to have 5 round.
I was playing on Hard mind you.. and I have two guns, one which had 10 rounds! What the hell ? PLUS Runnes were dropping rounds left right andf centre -.- ..

Did they ditch the pure-survival to entice CoD fans ? Thats the only thing I'm really angry about. If ammo was more scarce, I'd say this game is a masterpeice.

Whats are your thoughts ? how much ammo did you guys come across?

Message 1 of 24 (597 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11887 posts

Re: My only problem with the demo..

Jun 1, 2013
It's finr

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 2 of 24 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11887 posts

Jun 1, 2013
*fine

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 3 of 24 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jun 1, 2013
I honestly don't think it was, but that's just me personally. I was a fan of the original Resident evil's and Silent hill.. so I guess that's saying something lol.

But now infected are dropping ammo, stupidest thing I've seen so far.
I'm hoping it's just for the demo.
I want to be in situations where my gun will be my LAST option if I'm about to be mowed down by a clicker.
Message 4 of 24 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
11887 posts

Jun 1, 2013
But it makes sense that they would have ammo. They were once military

FINALsignatureAK.png

Message 5 of 24 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 1, 2013

I noticed this too.

Perhaps they included more ammo since it's simply a demo and they wanted you to be able to try out all types of gameplay (full stealth or full-on shooting).

Keep in mind, you can always set your own limits within the game. What I mean is, don't allow yourself to pick up more rounds than, say, 5 bullets. It's not like ammo is auto-pickup. I know it's not exactly an ideal way of solving the issue, but it will reap the same rewards as if they simply gave you less ammo.

Also, remember that there is an even harder mode unlocked when you beat the game on "hard". Surely this will be the true 'survival' mode.

TLDR: just don't pick up ammo Smiley Tongue

EDIT: to the guy above who said it's stupid for infected to drop ammo, it's really not. Think about it, they were once people who most likely owned a firearm. Either they were military, or they were a civilian trying to survive. Thus when they become infected, they still have their firearm on their person. It's not like when you become infected you gently lay down your gun on the ground and continue on your way. If it was in a holster, it will still be in that holster. It's not going to become infected too, it's just a gun.

Makes sense they have ammo.

Message 6 of 24 (560 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jun 1, 2013
Yeah true, you guys make a good point. Didn't take that into consideration.

But like you said I'll just avoid picking ammo up haha, even though it will hurt my OCD.
Message 7 of 24 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jun 1, 2013

I liked the demo but I can't say that it was too short considering that it is a demo.  I felt that the controls were good though I had a learning curve. The game is pretty even at night and the character models where very nicely done. I was so afraid of my first encounter with the clicker but it was handled well. After that I wanted to kill every one I saw. I didn't caft anything so I can't comment on that. Over all I wanted to play more and that is the point. I have a 3 week break from school coming up and I will be playing this and State of decay.

Message 8 of 24 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Jun 1, 2013

How is ammo dropping enimes a stupid thing? The one guy I killed had militiary grade gear on. Are you saying that it's impossible that he would have ammo on him? Some people could have knives or what ever on them before they died.

Message 9 of 24 (514 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jun 1, 2013
I guess I was just hoping ammo would be a little more scarce, like a very RARE occurrence, but that's hopeful wishing.
Message 10 of 24 (505 Views)
0 Likes