May 29 2013
By: TimeWarnerSux Uncharted Territory 1287 posts

ND: Please do NOT make too many playlists for the MP

16 replies 271 views Edited May 29, 2013

Uncharted 3 suffers from too many playlists, too many divided player pools (DLC maps), and too small of a player pool to begin with.  It's annoying and a big mess and takes forever to find a game on most playlists, not to mention bad lag from being matched up with people from around the world.  

You are already going to divide the player pool with DLC MP maps.  Do the community a favor and keep the playlists short and sweet and don't water it down.  You could test out questionable playlists by putting them in a Lab and if they receive solid feedback, make them permanent.

Message 1 of 17 (271 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: ND: Please do NOT make too many playlists for the MP

May 29, 2013

^ Finally, someone with some common sense.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 2 of 17 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4395 posts

May 29, 2013
Also, please have something similar to COMPETITIVE MODE from U2 and remove any useless and boring playlist in the future.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 3 of 17 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

May 29, 2013

Call me a pessimist but I'm sure they'll be making the same mistake again.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 4 of 17 (234 Views)
Sackboy
344 posts

May 29, 2013

what they could do is what halo did/do(?) is they have plenty of playlists but they add/remove them in H2 they were always adding and removeing stuff , i believe Crysis 2 when the player base died removed playlists , they just need to keep an eye on Playlist popularity.

sub sig

sig url -

Message 5 of 17 (228 Views)
Fender Bender
4237 posts

May 29, 2013

Or have a bunch of game modes it two seperate playlists.

Mercenary Mosh Pit
Regular Mosh Pit

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 6 of 17 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

May 29, 2013

This is always a lose/lose situation. If they add new modes, people complain about the old ones being removed. If they add old modes, people complain that there are not enough new modes. If they add all the modes, people complain that the player base is being divided too much. 

Honestly, for me personally, TDM, DM, and CTF is all I need in ANY multiplayer game. I don't care about KOTH, or any other unique thing like three team death match, odd ball, grifball, Swat, classic, lab, etc. I don't get why people need so many modes when it all boils down to killing anyways. I guess they want more stuff to do while they're killing each other? 

Message 7 of 17 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
May 29, 2013

Rogue_Eagle wrote:

This is always a lose/lose situation. If they add new modes, people complain about the old ones being removed. If they add old modes, people complain that there are not enough new modes. If they add all the modes, people complain that the player base is being divided too much.

Not really. They can have FEW playlists with MANY modes on each playlist. You should be able to vote for modes, just like in All Competitive (UC2 MP).

This essentially consolidates the player pool.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 8 of 17 (183 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
349 posts

May 29, 2013

I agree, there's WAY too much for UC3, thank god I never bought any.

Message 9 of 17 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
434 posts

May 29, 2013

combine some playlists even, like how U2 had all competative modes and objectives were also combined

photo Uncharted forum_zpsc7kdez3c.jpg
Message 10 of 17 (141 Views)
0 Likes